PDA

View Full Version : 2007 450r jetting w/pipe and filter

mymastifftucker
10-09-2006, 07:30 AM
I have a 2007 450r, full DMC alien exhaust, K+N filter with outerwear. The lid is on right now but I want to take it off. i bought a dynojet jet kit for a 2006. The stock needle is non-adjustable.....and the one in the 06' jet kit is shorter and doesnt have the "T" on top like the stock one. I put in the biggest jet in the kit (140) and have the air/fuel screw out 2.5 turns. It idles fine and seems pretty smooth up to about 1/2 throttle. If i rev it up slow it starts to miss a little, If I rev it hard and quick I dont notice it, but maybe since the exhaust is louder i just dont hear it. Can anyone give me some advice on where I should be on this, I am right at sea level. Thanks

Jonas
10-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Did you just set your air/fuel screw to the setting they recommended or did you set it to the best setting? Also, when you smoothly roll on the throttle when riding it, how does it act? How does the bike run in general?

mymastifftucker
10-09-2006, 09:33 AM
I spent about 2 hours reading info on jetting on the internet and ended up more confused than when I started. From what I read the dynojet jets are numbered different than the Kiehin jets, is this accurate? In general it seems to run OK, but I dont dare ride it much without being confident in the jetting. In my banshee I had to use 180's in both carbs and my 400ex had a 170 main, both of those were dynojet kits also. The info in the kit says to use the 128 jet with my mods, but the headpipe was turning red within a few minutes of ride time, thats why i upped the main jet.

roundsy
10-09-2006, 01:43 PM
just jetted mine this afternoon after much research, im at about 1000ft, running no lid with a uni filter and baffle out of my pipe, 165 main, stock 42 pilot, 55 leak, crf needle on the 3rd clip and the air fuel screw screw out 2.5 turns, it runs spot on like that so that will give ya a general area to start around

450rkydude
10-09-2006, 01:52 PM
for it to run right you will need to remove your lid or cut most of it out your r is starving for more air.i think a 140 dyno will be close to a 155 keihn jet so your close.try removing the lid first and see how it runs then you can decide if you want to modify it.

mymastifftucker
10-10-2006, 03:48 AM
I tried to ride it last night without the lid and it didnt want to rev out good. I put the lid back on and it seemed to be much better. i am going to look on ebay for another lid and cut that one. I might have to go to a bigger keihin jet though.

Jonas
10-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by roundsy
just jetted mine this afternoon after much research, im at about 1000ft, running no lid with a uni filter and baffle out of my pipe, 165 main, stock 42 pilot, 55 leak, crf needle on the 3rd clip and the air fuel screw screw out 2.5 turns, it runs spot on like that so that will give ya a general area to start around

Ya, but are your main jets dynojet or keihin style?

I can't help but recommend to just stay with keihin style jets to people, especially when they are looking for jetting advice and the jets styles are different. All I can say is don't bother with Dynojet kits next time.

roundsy
10-10-2006, 12:49 PM
im running a keihn jet, sorry if there was any confusion