PDA

View Full Version : 06' Need more power. KFX 80...

bshack
10-09-2006, 05:09 AM
Just bought a new KFX 80. The dealer removed the exhaust gov, but it is still dog slow!! What else can I do?? My wife can't seem to get up hills that in my opinion should be passable. I see other mini quads where we ride that seem to work much better... Except for the exhaust resrictor, what else is there??? My old Yamaha Big Wheel 80 was faster than this thing!!

Arctic Cat Dad
11-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I would think being as it's an 06 it has a limiting cdi. Also the new cvt tranny is killing it also. They may make a clutch kit for it,and this will help out alot! I would give Hetrick Racing a call and see if they have anything for the 06 KFX yet. Also ask them if it has a restricter in the variator. Our Cat had it and it was a dog with it in there.

With the cvt tranny you have to work on it to get the most power out of it. Good luck and let us know what happens. I would think there are alot of people looking to get more power out of the new 06 Kawa and suz.

rhinorick
01-16-2007, 06:31 PM
There is a thick washer in the top of carb about a 1/2 inch that won't let the slide come all the way to the top. you have to take it out. if you got it new it should have come with a book. it will tell you in the book how to do it.