PDA

View Full Version : Changing oil on the 450r

comrad
10-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I can change the oil just fine, I am just concerned with the oil levels.

On my Rubi I would always fill it up to the correct level, ride a little and then let it sit and then fill it up a little more.

On the 450r I filled it up, started the engine and let it work a little. The level fell down quite a bit (halfway), I let it sit and it barely went up so I added some mroe to get it full. Then I ran it some more and let it sit and it went over the full mark.

So I drained it and filled it up to the full mark and thats it.

How do you guys change the oil on it?

NikNacs67
10-09-2006, 12:15 AM
It only takes a little more than a half of quart to fill it up. I drained all mine out, used a little over 1/2 quart, warmed it up and it went about 1/4 inch below the "High" mark on the sight glass.

mymastifftucker
10-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Says right in the owners manual to add .77 quarts. I did this this weekend (filter also) and after it ran for 5 minutes it ended right at the full mark. It says to add the same amount to the tranny, but I have read where a lot of people add extra to it.

morfy
10-10-2006, 05:33 AM
pm me if you want more info... I bought a jug that comes pre marked for like 12 bucks.. And it has the levels on it.. There are two different amounts to put in.. One for oil change with filter and with out. If you change the filter it is more...

I can not for the life of me think what the name of it is.. If you want to know I can get back to you it is in my enclosed trailer and a friend has it down at the dunes...