PDA

View Full Version : Rossier pipe... WHAT THE HELL?!?

Flyin-Low
10-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Man, I havent had my Rosser very long.... Its black and its starting to turn a rusty color where the headpipe goes into the silencer, that whole flat peice at the opening of the silencer is turning rusty brown?!?!

WHY??

Im sorry, i paid alot for this pipe and I dont want it to look like garbage? What can I do to prevent this?

-Martin

pudamac12
10-08-2006, 10:52 PM
why don't you call either Joe at rossier or the dealer you ordered from before getting upset and making the product look bad on the internet. It would be better to let them take care of it and then bring stuff up on the net.

Flyin-Low
10-08-2006, 10:54 PM
I can bring pretty much whatever I feel like up on the net... And after spending that kinda coin on a pipe, I should be able to say what I want about it.

-Martin

jeepnrocks
10-08-2006, 11:04 PM
The Rossier is one of the best priced pipes out there!
I would just call Joe and ask him about it. I believe he got a bad batch of coating. He isn't even offering the black anymore until he gets a coating that he is sure will not discolor.

Flyin-Low
10-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Thanks, im just a bit pissed and doing some venting....

But yeah, im gonna call him and find out what we can do to solve this...

-Martin

pudamac12
10-08-2006, 11:14 PM
yeah i wasn't trying to bash you or anything just i have seen way to many posts where people get pissed and make things worse then they are. I am sure that Joe will take care of you.

Nick110
10-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Mine is doing the same thing.

jman71890
10-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Did you always wash your bike after getting it dirty? Because I know on my pipe and where I ride theres this dirt that is orange and it gets baked into the pipe, if its that just take a brillow pad and some solvent and wipe it off.

crwcompact
10-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I just bought a Rossier last week. I wanted the black can and Joe told me that they are having problems with them turning colors. He is trying to find a fix for the problem. But in the mean time it did sound like he is trying to take care of his customers.

K-Dub
10-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes if you let the mud dry and then bake onto the pipe it will stay that color. My head pipe is clay orange because I dont clean the mud off between every ride. Instead of a ceramic coating I have a clay coating.

10-09-2006, 07:40 PM
No problems with mine that I know of. Joe is great guy and I'm sure he will fix the problem.

Phills450r
10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by jman71890
Did you always wash your bike after getting it dirty? Because I know on my pipe and where I ride theres this dirt that is orange and it gets baked into the pipe, if its that just take a brillow pad and some solvent and wipe it off.

what he said.

Flyin-Low
10-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Good point about the cleaning... But thats just not the case, I baby my quad soooo bad and I wash it everytime its dirty and the dirt around here is mostly sand so it doesnt stain like clay.

Im calling him tomorrow about it... I just dont want to send my pipe away for any period of time. I ride everyday :devil:

-Martin

rlplive
10-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Let us know what he says, mine is doing this also.

sandmanblue
10-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Old tricks for a nice clean bike. On the pipes with a natural finish - good old steel wool and then some WD-40 afterwards. I WD the whole motor after washing and just let it dry for a bit. Then go for a quick ride to dry the rest off. Yeah, it will smoke a little form the WD on the pipe, but it stays newer looking. This works for grease and dirt stains. You can also WD under the fenders to keep mud from sticking.

On powdercoated and anodized finishes, just clean and use WD.

I had an old pipe on my 250R that looked really nasty from dirt and rust from the previous owner. Took the pipe off and used a wire brush on my drill and brought it back to life. WD-40 after that. Looked sweet.

Another good cheap solvent for greasy areas is paint thinner or mineral spirits. Spray that on the swingarm and sprocket areas to dissolve the chain lube grease. Don't spray it on the o-ring chains though - it will ruin a chain. Another good investment is a $100 electric pressure washer from home depot.

Flyin-Low
10-10-2006, 05:44 PM
My pressure washer is huge... It runs on 220v and even when I turn the pressure to its lowest point i have to stand far back otherwise it will blow my graphics and decals off... :ermm:

Well, I didnt get a chance to call him today but I will tomorrow because the brown is creeping up :confused:

-Martin