PDA

View Full Version : Chain Lube Question

MeatHead
09-04-2002, 11:14 AM
I know lots of people use wax, and lots use lube. But has anyone tried a chainlube made for bicycles. I used White Lightning on my bicycle all the time and it was amazing stuff. Has anyone tried WL on their quad chain? and do you know if WL will hold up to the extra heat generated by a quad chain? If I don't get any response I may just give it a try and see what happens. It kept the chain clean, and lubed even in dusty/dirty rides. Any opinions would be appretiated.

eldoexrider01
09-04-2002, 11:48 AM
never tried it man. i use spectro lube. i mainly like it cuz after a ride its always still on there, even if it has dirt or sand on it.

Moto92
09-04-2002, 12:02 PM
Why dont YOU go try it and tell US if it good stuff :blah Only thing Ive ever used is chain wax.

MeatHead
09-04-2002, 12:06 PM
I think I will try it. I need some more White Lightning for my bikes anyways, so I will just pick up the large bottle and give it a try. Whats the worst that can happen? I end up buying a new chain right? If it doesn't look to be holding up I will just clean it off and put on some regular lube or wax.

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-04-2002, 12:18 PM
I've had great luck using Maxima Chain Wax....you might want to give that stuff a try...

RideRed400EX
09-04-2002, 12:55 PM
I've used the white lightning wax on my bike and it works well but I'd switch to Maxima chain wax. It's much heavier than that white lightning stuff.

Not to open another argument but I like lube better than wax, it makes the chain much easier to clean.

AtvMxRider
09-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
I've had great luck using Maxima Chain Wax....you might want to give that stuff a try...

That's what I use and have had no problems with it. I've also used bel-ray but it fly's off and get's every where.

MeatHead
09-04-2002, 07:23 PM
Well, I bought a bottle of White Lightning, and a can of Maxima Chain Wax. I am going to try the WL, and if it doesn't work out I will go with the Maxima. So when I ride Friday I will take my chain cleaner, and the two lubes with me. I'll let you know which one works better.

MeatHead
09-10-2002, 07:25 AM
Well, I tried the White Lightning. I was only able to ride about 3 hours until the welds on my grab bar broke, and my whip it the ground. It worked pretty good, but it didn't hold up as well as it does on a bicycle. So it would get pretty expensive to use all the time. But after 3 hours of riding in the sand, the chain is very clean and has very little sand clinging to it. Not like the last stuff that was used. I think I am going to go with the Maxima Chain Wax. I have a can of that in my bag, so I'll give that a try. Now I have to get a new grab bar and then I'm off riding again.

JB's 400ex
09-10-2002, 10:17 AM
I have used both lube and wax and the only problem I have had is that with the wax your chain gets all gumbed up with dirt that sticks to the wax and it is a pain to clean off but with the lube is tends to splatter all over. Anyone else have this problem or any solutions?