PDA

View Full Version : air/fuel screw

Bigdaddy52302
10-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Turning it witch way is ritch and witch way is lean???:confused:
I know stock setting is all the way in and 2 and 1/2 out.
Also does any one know what jetts I should run. I live in Cedar Rapids Iowa, I have a stage 1 hot cam, I belive it is a FmF powercore 4 Slip on Slincer, and a K&N Precharger with the outer wear Air filter, I have the air box lid on and would like to leave it on so I dont destroy my airfilter. I have no Idea what jets are in it now, it was like this when I bought it.
But I am running lean, I found out the air screw was only 1 and 1/2 out so I took it out to stock setting but havent got a chance to try it yet.

jrafter
10-09-2006, 06:14 AM
from what ive read if your jetting is right...it should be 2 1/2 turn out.

if your jetting was too rich it wouldnt be turn out as much.

if it was too lean it would be turn out more.

so from what i understand...you have to get the right jet before you can fine tune.

johnsls
10-09-2006, 07:11 AM
I signed on today to ask the same question. I know my jets are setup properly so thats not it. BUT if you don't mind me jumping in on this thread........................

When I stab the throttle,, it dies.. but if I rev it a little its ok..

I feel as though in other situations that my throttle response is slow,, I hate the fact that I constantly need to rev it (a lot!) in order to really give me a boost in power.

DOES THE FUEL SCREW EFFECT THIS?? What does anyone recommend other than 2 1/2 out should I try 3 turns out or 2 turns out first ????????

Thanks (I didn't want to start another thread about this)

John