PDA

View Full Version : .5's On MX Track Vs 2's

ITSTOCK
10-08-2006, 08:19 PM
I just ordered Houser +.5's for XC/gncc style races, and currently have Lonestar Racin +2's.

I am keeping my shocks that are set up for MX, which are 19.5" Elka's. My question is, how will the +.5's perform on the MX track? I am considering keeping both sets of a-arms to switch out for different races, but if the .5's won't make too much of a difference, I will definately sell the 2's.

Does anyone have experience?? And yes, I know I should get my shocks redone (or buy another set), but for now they are staying.

THanks
Steve

pudamac12
10-08-2006, 10:48 PM
you should be fine. as long as the shocks are adjusted to work on mx you will be fine. You might now like it as much as the plus two for cornering but you will live.

gbcap
10-09-2006, 05:52 AM
you know your shocks are too long for the houser arms right? they use 18.5 shocks not 19.5.

i run my +.5's up at breezewood all the time with no problems what so ever. sometimes i wish i had something wider so i could really rail the corners but that is it.

10-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Just switch them before an MX race or practice. You know the plus 2s will be better then .5s on the mx track.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-09-2006, 01:28 PM
No his shocks are fine the max ground clearance arms use 18.5 but the std lond travels are 19.5

ITSTOCK
10-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
No his shocks are fine the max ground clearance arms use 18.5 but the std lond travels are 19.5

Ditto what Colby said. I got my Hipers today, amazing how a little wheel can make me feel like a kid all over again :p I really wasn't expecting them this fast, thanks a LOT :macho (I have to go put them on now).

ITSTOCK
10-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Just switch them before an MX race or practice. You know the plus 2s will be better then .5s on the mx track.

I know they will be better, but how much better is the real question?? Is it worth switching them back and forth? If so, I will definately give it a try. I guess this will have to be something that I must feel out for myself. Thanks for the replies.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-09-2006, 01:47 PM