PDA

View Full Version : Polaris (The Duel)

Punk'd
10-08-2006, 07:41 PM
What is excatly going down in Vegas between Polaris, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Artic Cat and Kawasaki?

Ralph
10-08-2006, 07:42 PM
ive been wondering too, but then i reload and play the game:D

insaneracin2003
10-08-2006, 07:42 PM
yeah, i seen the commercial today and was wondering the same thing.

atvRiDa400ex
10-08-2006, 07:43 PM
wait i live here what you talking about?

250ex13
10-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm lost..What's the "The Duel"?

Ralph
10-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Go see the new polaris advertisments on the homepage. I still cant believe all the people who are missing out on all the info the homepage serves

atvRiDa400ex
10-08-2006, 07:52 PM
haha im going to that...go HONDAAAAAAA!!

tokayouehao koushkic

or what ever his name is

but does the official site come out on the ninth...is that what that means?

Mxjunkie
10-08-2006, 07:56 PM
From what I come to understand Polaris called out everyone vs their sportsman 800?? in a duel :p

coolguy8769
10-08-2006, 08:17 PM
the CEO of Polaris called out all the other CEO's of the big 4, to a dual in Vegas:p should be funny if it happens, all the japaniese office CEO's vs. the hunting type Polaris CEO

Punk'd
10-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Duel doing what? Someones going to get killed:p

coolguy8769
10-08-2006, 09:02 PM
to "test" their atvs

250ex13
10-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Rut Roh:eek2:

firefighterjosh
10-08-2006, 09:17 PM
I feel sorry for polaris. Its gonna get smoked.

I watched there video that came with my magazine I bought and OMG I had to stop it cuz I couldn't stand how bad they streched the truth.

10-08-2006, 11:04 PM
http://www.polarisindustries.com/PolarisDuel/

there it is check it out guys ! !! ^ ^^

bradley300
10-09-2006, 06:05 AM
LMAO, i like polaris, i even own a polaris, but i dont think they know what they are getting thier selves into

10-09-2006, 06:40 AM
There going to get ripped apart. Or none of the Japanese guys show up:p

GE4x4
10-09-2006, 06:52 AM
I will give them credit, it takes some big ones to challange everyone to a show down. I wonder if any will respond. I bet it would be fun to watch and we all might get suprised on who comes out the winner.:)

yellow400ex05
10-09-2006, 06:57 AM
I nkow all of the other quad brands are reliable, but come on honda is LEGENDARY for reliablility, and bulletproof quads. what is polaris thinking?

Aceman
10-09-2006, 07:02 AM
It takes a lot of stones to make a commercial like that. Especially if one of the other ATV manufacturers show up and hand you your a$s. What I really think it is, is a marketing ploy, like usual. The date for the duel is roughly a month away, which is pretty soon, usually they set things up months in advance. I think he's banking on the other guys not showing up, so he can say they're selling an inferior product that can't stand up to a Polaris and they're afraid to duel. But if for some reason they do show up and Polaris loses and they publish the results, I'm sure Polaris will have a ton of potential customers flock to the winning ATV's company. Now THAT would be bad marketing.

bradley300
10-09-2006, 07:10 AM
ive taken my blaster apart, and my 300ex, and my predator. i hate to say it, but the predator really lacks the quality parts, or design of the other two ive worked on

atvRiDa400ex
10-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by yellow400ex05
I nkow all of the other quad brands are reliable, but come on honda is LEGENDARY for reliablility, and bulletproof quads. what is polaris thinking?

i agreee...and i will watch it LIVE!

Dan_Guetter
10-09-2006, 08:58 PM
This is absolutly crazy.

I WANT TO SEE THIS!

400grl
10-09-2006, 09:07 PM
I hate to say it too.......compared to Yamaha and Honda, the Polaris isn't of the best quality. What might happen is they will all get there ready to duel, and no one will break....lol!! Not sure how much damage you can do in an arena....now.....trash those things on the Rubicon or something....there's a duel!! :) Cool idea, though - interested to see how it all plays out!

troutman561
10-09-2006, 09:16 PM
I doubt Takashi kajikawa said "ain't nothin tougher than a yamaha" his name doesnt exactly seem red neck enough... and if polaris challenges them with any other quad other than the 800, they are going to get destroyed, thats the only thing they have on the japs, and still im sure the 700's from the japs hold their own fine against it...

10-09-2006, 09:54 PM
yes definitely i have got to see this. as i already stated though i just cant stand polaris, they are ugly, and just cheap. they look like a large piece of freakn plastic. however, i give it to him for have the *alls to issue this challenge. who knows what will happened. not just because i dont like polaris, ive known people with them and seen, rode a few. i just dont like them , and they usually end up messed up/broke..whatever u name it.
to me polaris is just cheap. its the car u look at and say awww man check out that ferrari...wait no that is some kind of plastic knock off called fartarri. lol

Architects
10-09-2006, 10:14 PM
I honestly think hes banking on no one showing up. Thatd be great if he got his *** handed to him. How would he live it down?

Mechanix311
10-09-2006, 11:23 PM
He better bring alot of mechanics with him to keep all those pos running.

PeeWee21
10-10-2006, 05:03 AM
My thoughts on his "duel"....is more to prove naysayers as you above that Polaris has came a looooooong way with the durability of they're machines. Every manufacturer's quads has they're own defined quirks, i think it's a good thing....as long as he puts on a good show, even if he gets beat but gives them a good run for they're money....that alone will show that they (Polaris) build quads that are just as capable as any of the Japanese quads. To say Honda is any more reliable than Zuki or Kawi is absurd.....they USED to be but quality control standards have significantly improved, bringing the other mfr's right on par, if not better than Honda. In all honesty....if we would follow the mfr's guidelines to a "T"......they're quads would never break. Anywho....i'm rooting for Polaris, i like underdogs!;)

aman
10-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by PeeWee21
My thoughts on his "duel"....is more to prove naysayers as you above that Polaris has came a looooooong way with the durability of they're machines. Every manufacturer's quads has they're own defined quirks, i think it's a good thing....as long as he puts on a good show, even if he gets beat but gives them a good run for they're money....that alone will show that they (Polaris) build quads that are just as capable as any of the Japanese quads. To say Honda is any more reliable than Zuki or Kawi is absurd.....they USED to be but quality control standards have significantly improved, bringing the other mfr's right on par, if not better than Honda. In all honesty....if we would follow the mfr's guidelines to a "T"......they're quads would never break. Anywho....i'm rooting for Polaris, i like underdogs!;)

i agree......we've owned polaris atvs for as long as i can remember and havent had many problems at all with them......

TGW_400ex
10-10-2006, 10:57 AM
This sounds like something some little kids would do.

10-10-2006, 01:58 PM
your right lol, i challenge you to a duel ...(rember the movie 'robin hood: men in tights')

i cant agree though, ^ ^
i just dont like polaris, but i do give it to him for doing this.
its going to be interesting to see who shows up. this could really make somene look bad though; say if one of the atvs is just terrible and looses horribly.

i will say in all honesty some of you are right...not one atv is perfect. they all have their various problems. with that said on to the duel , i cant wait. im still going to buy a brute force no matter what cause im a fan. so that should tell you something. people are going to buy which ever they like. that is why there is options lol .

i do have a question though.......if anyone knows.
which should i buy ...the brute force 650i..or 750i.
buying atv to take on trails, and go mudding. just for fun.
and also i am going to buy a smaller one for my girl, im thinking of the prairie 360, i had one before and it was pretty good at mudding. either way , im getting a warn winch and itp tires/rims on both :D

DieselBoy
10-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by PeeWee21

God sam dammit, I agree! You gotta have friggin BALLS to want to do something like this. I'm also supporting Polaris for making a damn effort. If they don't win, they sure as hell tried.

10-10-2006, 06:17 PM
yeah i agree, ^ ^ but not supporting them lol.
like i said either way , people will buy what they like.

trick250r
10-10-2006, 06:20 PM
i think they're all in on it... we'll just have to wait and see

DieselBoy
10-10-2006, 07:09 PM
you guys gotta be more optimistic!!!

Quad18star
10-10-2006, 09:27 PM
I'd put my money on Arctic Cat on this challenge . They're freagin' tough as nails !!!!!!

swampfoxsc
10-11-2006, 09:45 AM
We all know the CEO's of large companies such as the big 4 Japanese quad manufacturers won't do something like this. That's what Polaris is counting on and this is all a marketing ploy.

Why have a dual when quads are dualing every weekend all over the country in MX, XC and every other type of competition. Polaris certainly isn't winning those competitions and the lack of their quads on the track speaks volumes.

How about a Team Polaris in the WSPA Quad Terrain Challenge next year. That'll tell us all we need to know about how tough they are!:eek2:

400exrules
10-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by swampfoxsc
We all know the CEO's of large companies such as the big 4 Japanese quad manufacturers won't do something like this. That's what Polaris is counting on and this is all a marketing ploy.

Why have a dual when quads are dualing every weekend all over the country in MX, XC and every other type of competition. Polaris certainly isn't winning those competitions and the lack of their quads on the track speaks volumes.

How about a Team Polaris in the WSPA Quad Terrain Challenge next year. That'll tell us all we need to know about how tough they are!:eek2:

exactly, lmfao!

10-11-2006, 10:03 AM
the point i see very one missing is that it is the ceo's of the company that will be riding...my guess would be that the ceo that would ride the most is the ceo of polaris...even with an inferieor quad, a superior rider could win. i think this is what he is betting on...along with the others just not accepting the challenge

TomDnSC
10-11-2006, 10:44 AM
It doesn't take much to beat an 80 year old Japanese man.

10-11-2006, 10:48 AM
they should just have a contest to see who can pull the most weight PERIOD...things like that, that dont require skills.....or they should be able to have anyone ride the ATV....it would be interesting to watch, i tink eithe polaris or artic cat will win...the big 4 have too many other things to focus on it seems

for example look at yamaha, i knwo they re a massive company but they do race ATVs, dirt bikes, snowmoblies, wave runners, pianos, crotch rockets...they have alot of areas to focus on...if i were to buy a 4x4, i would buy a polaris

tarzan271
10-11-2006, 01:36 PM
This is too much like the Ford/Chevy/Dodge argument. ALL quads have their quirks. If you don't like the looks, that's one thing. But calling them POS's is absurd. Have you ever owned one? I would bet most naysayers haven't. I have a 2003 Sportsman 700 with 2800 miles on it and has NEVER had a problem. And I beat the crap out of it. I also have an '05 Predator that I also beat the crap out of that has only needed a valve adjustment once. Everytime I meet new riders at the dunes, they say they have heard horror stories about the Preddy's. Well when they find out what they come with stock (Tires, shocks, brake lines, pipe) and how much less I paid, they can't believe it. Then when they ride mine, they are blown away. I admit, they aren't for everyone. But I am 6'4" and all the other sport quads except the Bomb, are too freekin small for me. Now get your head out of your butt and quit making blanket statements about Polaris been crap. It makes you sound like an idiot.

Plus, racing really has less to do with how good a machine is. It's mostly about the rider. Polaris doesn't have a 450 so MX is out of the question. And I think they are holding their own in GNCC:

Stephanie Parton - 2nd
Todd Rothermel- 1st
John Gallagher - 1st
Jerry Welch - 3rd
Mike Sroka - 5th
Frank Grimplin- 1st

Just wait until the Outlaw 525 with the KTM comes out next year. I bet these standings will be even better.

tarzan271
10-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Now that I got that off my chest, I think Polaris is being kind of slimey with this Challenge. The Polaris CEO is by far the youngest except the BRP CEO is close. Plus the legal docs say that ONLY Polaris can use the video footage from the event. That means even if Polaris can win 2 out of 4 events, they can publish the footage of those 2 events over and over, while the other companies cannot use the video from the ones they might win. It will be seen live, but the rewards are far greater for Polaris. Why would a 70 year old CEO travel from Japan on short notice with little to gain compared to Polaris? Seems to me, any way you look at it, Polaris is holding all the cards. Another marketing ploy.