PDA

View Full Version : Help deciding which to build..CRF or YZ

Glamis400ex
10-08-2006, 04:17 PM
I tried looking thru all these posts but couldn't come up with certain answers. I've been debating on which direction I should go whether it's just buying someone else's used hybrid or semi-building one myself. I know buying an aftermarket frame is the best way to go, but I'm not sure funds will permit that especially a 400ex geometery frame which seem hard to find. Having to buy all 250r parts vs. putting my current 400ex parts on could be spendy.

For those of you that have experience I'd like your opinion on which (CFR or YZ) would be better, more realiable quad strickly for the dunes. A couple people have told me that the YZ have more explosive power right on tap but the CRF's have better all around power thru the powerband. I heard the CRF's get a little hotter due to not having an external oil tank. That's a big concern since sand riding puts alot more stress on a motor. I also heard the CRF's vibrate alot more???

Also, I've read thru the posts here and most everyone does a YZ hybrid with the stock 400ex frame. Can JRD, JB Racing, East Coast ATV or ATV4Play do a 400ex frame conversion? Frame conversion, motor and radiator and I'm down the road for$3k.

Any help is appriciated.

Glamis

250x_kyle
10-09-2006, 01:35 PM
yzf the crf needs alot more valve adjustment then others

figair
10-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Just send it to Al(ss440ex)and call it done.....Your thinking to much, send it to him and get the yz motor and your done.

Glamis400ex
10-10-2006, 05:31 AM
I knew you would find this and chime in...LOL. Easy for you so say though... you have both. I'll build the one that suits me and the riding conditions the best.

figair
10-10-2006, 07:30 AM
git ur done....By the way just go with the yz.....lol