PDA

View Full Version : todays Talladega race

redlineranger
10-08-2006, 04:00 PM
first off let me say i do not like jimmie johnson, but i, and everyone else knows he didnt take dale jr out. it was that Brian Vickers.

after the race he said "we had a great run and we got under jr and he swerved down on jimmie, and thats when i turned jimmie" .... if you would watch the video before you open your blabbering lips, you would see dale jr. knew he was toast and held his line. the video shows brian vickers waiting just a second, and then turning hard left into johnson. johnson was very upset. " i dont see why i got turned into the 8. he knew i was under earnhardt. we could of raced to the checkered, but instead i got turned around by a team mate." in my eyes, i wouldnt acknowledge brian vickers as a team mate.
and whats funny, is that brian vickers couldnt hardly get what he was gonna say out of his mouth. " the the the 8, ju just swer swerved down on us, and i i i wre c ked the 48. say it dont spray it fool. he knows it was dale jr, or jimmie johnsons race if he wouldnt have turned them around.

please dont say anything like "your just mad cus Dale Jr. didnt win at Talladega" because its not that way. i'm ticked because brian vickers had to take out the 2 fastest cars to win.

FHKracingZ
10-08-2006, 04:59 PM
settle down redneck , its just a race :D haha j/k , i didnt see the race but sounds like a good one

red4r
10-08-2006, 05:10 PM
yea that was bs!!!! that guy didnt deserve it he took both of them out...

4punksdad
10-08-2006, 05:13 PM
well, I didn't get to see the whole race and was interested in this thread..........................until I started to read it.

redlineranger
10-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
settle down redneck , its just a race :D haha j/k , i didnt see the race but sounds like a good one

lol i knew it was coming either way. the race was ok, it was just the ending that pissed me off.

redlineranger
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
well, I didn't get to see the whole race and was interested in this thread..........................until I started to read it.

im sorry:confused: . tell me what would interest you, i watched the whole thing so i would gladly fill you in on what happened if you would like.

FreekShow
10-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Im pretty sure hes referring to your language there bud.

but yeah that vickers is worthless

redlineranger
10-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by FreekShow
Im pretty sure hes referring to your language there bud.

but yeah that vickers is worthless

sorry, i did use a quite harsh language in the first post. cleaned it up.;)

trick250r
10-08-2006, 05:46 PM
i dont like vickers at all but i dont think he did it on purpose... he was bump drafting his partner when his partner went out to pass so to continue to bump draft, vickers had to go with johnson. when jr came down just a little bit, so did johnson and johnson clipped vickers's nose. vickers just had the most stable car. anywho, if i was vickers in victory lane, id say i did it all by myself and that hendricks is a dousche. did you hear that BS about how vickers hasnt been allowed in team meetings for half of the year because hes switching teams?

bulkdriverlp
10-08-2006, 05:50 PM
they said that when johnson pulled out from the back of jr that he lost the draft and slowed down a bit in turn vickers nudged the back of him. still i think vickers should have took it easy a bit to ensure his teamate the win, but he was bull headed and wanted the win. vickers was wrong i think. just one of those young and disrespectfull drivers of the veterans. it was a pretty good race, besides the crash stewart got into in the end, that sucked

redlineranger
10-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
i dont like vickers at all but i dont think he did it on purpose... he was bump drafting his partner when his partner went out to pass so to continue to bump draft, vickers had to go with johnson. when jr came down just a little bit, so did johnson and johnson clipped vickers's nose. vickers just had the most stable car. anywho, if i was vickers in victory lane, id say i did it all by myself and that hendricks is a dousche. did you hear that BS about how vickers hasnt been allowed in team meetings for half of the year because hes switching teams?

yes, the " not allowed in team meetings" is cold on Hendricks Motorsports part. you have pulled up a good topic.. bump drafting. now dale jr. was warned about the "slam drafting" he was doing in the first half of the race. he said hey thats cool, i'll do the smart thing and tone it down. and he did, he continued to bump but it was just light nudges, or a straight push all the way down the straight away. i love how they warned dale jr. about it as a whole, but never said one word to anyone else(as far as i heard anyways). i guess it sucks being Dale Jr. sometimes, with the enormous bullseye on your back.

I still feel that Vickers was gonna do anything to win. In a sense I guess you could say it was his way to show Rick Hendrick that he can be successful and win, but taking out 2 cars faster than him is no way to do it.

anyone else have any thoughts on the race today? or any thoughts of who will take home the Nextel Cup or Sprint/Nextel Cup or w/e it is they wanna call it?:rolleyes:

honda400ex68b
10-08-2006, 06:12 PM
i dont like vickers at all but i dont think he did it on purpose... he was bump drafting his partner when his partner went out to pass so to continue to bump draft, vickers had to go with johnson. when jr came down just a little bit, so did johnson and johnson clipped vickers's nose. vickers just had the most stable car????????

if he did do it on purpose, he wouldnt admit it anyway. hey showed the video over and over, to me it did not look like Dale Jr. came down on johnson. maybe if your a vickers or johnson fan he might have, but vickers did not know what to say in the winners circle. Dale Jr. had the fastest car, until he got bumped out of the way. say what you want about nascar, but i think it is getting more and more like its rigged, simply because of the big sponsors they are getting which need tv time to sell them. espn was not good enough to carry the races when they re-did the contracts, but since NBC did not get what they thought was worth all the money they spent, guess who's back next year, espn.

79400ex
10-08-2006, 06:20 PM
The wreck was just an accident. However, I don't like the fact that they can't race back to the checker flag on the last lap. The wreck was cleared by everyone and it would have made a differice in who would of won. Just my two cent

trick250r
10-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex
The wreck was just an accident. However, I don't like the fact that they can't race back to the checker flag on the last lap. The wreck was cleared by everyone and it would have made a differice in who would of won. Just my two cent

yea, kenseth wouldve won :blah:

Raptor68
10-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I don't thing I have ever cussed at the TV or a driver as much as I did today. Brian Vickers is a worthless POS and did not deserve to win. He's not even in the chase and it's not like he needed the win to impress Rick Hendrick, since he's switching teams. I like how Tony Stewart has been giving respect to the drivers that are in the chase, not wanting to be the one to jeopardize their chances at the title. Vickers is just an inexperienced driver, with a win at any cost attitude. He didn't even apologize to Jr., only to Jimmie. I have lost any respect I have ever had for Vickers. Hopefully Dale Jr. or Jeff Burton can win the 'ship this year.

redlineranger
10-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex68b
if he did do it on purpose, he wouldnt admit it anyway. hey showed the video over and over, to me it did not look like Dale Jr. came down on johnson. maybe if your a vickers or johnson fan he might have, but vickers did not know what to say in the winners circle. Dale Jr. had the fastest car, until he got bumped out of the way. say what you want about nascar, but i think it is getting more and more like its rigged, simply because of the big sponsors they are getting which need tv time to sell them. espn was not good enough to carry the races when they re-did the contracts, but since NBC did not get what they thought was worth all the money they spent, guess who's back next year, espn.

of course he wouldnt atmit it..... thats why he made up some BS and couldnt even get it out of his mouth. i believe he changed his story twice in victory lane. and i agree with Jr. had the fastest car. there was no doubt in anybodys mind on that case. its a shame he got taken out, he could of moved to 3rd or 4th in points. him and johnson both still have a shot though. im not a fan of johnson, but i acknowledge him as a respectable race car driver. speakin of ol jimmie i wonder what he had to say to vickers.:devil:

firefighterjosh
10-08-2006, 10:11 PM
All that matters is my driver came in 2nd. This help Khane in the points race.

10-09-2006, 05:37 AM
kahne is my driver too, but i don't think he has a chance for the championship now...even with a second place in yesterdays race. if they had been able to race back to the line, kahne would have won...he over took vickers with the help of busch almost right away.

i don't think that vickers did that on purpose, he seems to be the cleanest of the hendrick drivers. he made a mistake in trying to get his first win. yes it made me a little mad as jr is my #2 driver and had that not happened, he would have won. that is racing.

trick250r
10-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
kahne is my driver too, but i don't think he has a chance for the championship now...even with a second place in yesterdays race. if they had been able to race back to the line, kahne would have won...he over took vickers with the help of busch almost right away.

i don't think that vickers did that on purpose, he seems to be the cleanest of the hendrick drivers. he made a mistake in trying to get his first win. yes it made me a little mad as jr is my #2 driver and had that not happened, he would have won. that is racing.

yea, my my respect for JR. went up a lot after i heard his interview... hes right, that is racing.

10-09-2006, 07:31 AM
yea, my my respect for JR. went up a lot after i heard his interview... hes right, that is racing.

i told my wife after that interview that he has matured a lot since his fines for language on the air...i also gained some repsect for johnson...he kept his cool, but also alluded to his anger with vickers...

and seeing kurt busch and kasey kahne being interviewed together was weird...along wioth watching them work together so much...kinda makes you wonder if there sis something going on behind the scenes that the fans are not being told about...i realize they are both dodges, but to be interviewed together was weird...

trick250r
10-09-2006, 07:42 AM
i told my wife after that interview that he has matured a lot since his fines for language on the air...i also gained some repsect for johnson...he kept his cool, but also alluded to his anger with vickers...

and seeing kurt busch and kasey kahne being interviewed together was weird...along wioth watching them work together so much...kinda makes you wonder if there sis something going on behind the scenes that the fans are not being told about...i realize they are both dodges, but to be interviewed together was weird...

kurt and kasey are having an affair... i know this because kurt bucsh is a dousche. :p haha j/k, i never really liked either of them tho. kasey khane's brother is the man tho... at martinsville a few years back, kasey kahne was riding to the track on his golfcart and this lady tried to run a long with the cart and jump on... kasey's bro pretty much clotheslined the chick and she bit it hard. one of the funniest things ive ever seen.

Hornbreaker
10-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Vickers should not be the winner.
Nascar should have fined him one lap for aggresive driving & giv'in the win to Kahne. At the interview with Vickers he said "I gave Johnson the push to pass Jr. & I was comming up on Jr. fast that is why I turned down" If you look at the replay from the back of Jr's car Vickers was losing ground not gaining it, like he said. Vickers is a total loser! I am not a fan of any of these drivers, I like the new bad boy of Nascar Carl Edwards.

honda400ex68b
10-09-2006, 12:43 PM

he had more reasons to wreck johnson than to help him. if he would have helped johnson win, that would have helped him in the points, since he wrecked him, which i think he did on purpose, for the simple reasons: he is leaving at the end of the season and johnson and gordon get all the good equipment all year, where is the other 2 teamates at? vickers has not been aloud in any team meetings since they found out he was leaving at the end of the year, and what better way to get back at johnson then to help him NOT get his first championship?

they probably dont get along, look at earnhardt sr. and skinner when they were teamates, they did not get along, but nobody found out until skinner was ready to leave.

redlineranger
10-09-2006, 02:55 PM

your right, I deffinately respect dale jr. for not cussin him out. he's matured alot on tv... im sure as soon as he was off air, and him and tony eury jr. could get where the media wouldnt hear them, im sure they dogged vickers out.

it was racing, but not CLEAN racing. it all comes back to the damn restrictor plates. its simple NASCAR. if you dont want pile ups, bump drafting, or anything else of that nature, take the damn plates off.

goodyear can construct a tire to with hold the 215+mph that used to happen at Talladega. they've did it before, and with all the technology they have, they can dang sure do it again. but like i said, if they dont want none of this garbage... take the plates off.