PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic coated header

ChadEXer
09-04-2002, 09:07 AM
Here is some pics of my header that was ceramic coated! I had it done with ceramic "powder" coating but that stuff chips off like butter so a had it done in a true ceramic coating! The light in the pics suck but it looks really sharp!! For only $15 its great!!!

ChadEXer
09-04-2002, 09:08 AM
Here is another pic

09-04-2002, 09:09 AM
That's a nice lookin powerbong ya got there Chad..:devil and i see you still got that POS camera,,please drop it on the driveway..please..:D

ChadEXer
09-04-2002, 09:27 AM
That camera means everything to me Rico!!!:D

Razorback
09-04-2002, 09:38 AM
hey chad - here's an idea about your camera. most digitals have to be set to a different mode to take extremely close-up shots. i forget what the setting on mine is, but i do have to change the mode to get it to take sharp pictures up close. just an idea...

MX MadMann
09-04-2002, 09:55 AM
if i was you i would watch my ride pants on that ceramic coat. i melted a pair of oneal apocolypse pants on my sparks x-6. took alot of carb cleaner and razor blade work to get the crap off. plus it kinda looks a lil scratched up now.

ChadEXer
09-04-2002, 10:16 AM
The only button on my camera is on\off!!! Its a cheap one:D Oh yeah, its got flash too!!!

MR. HONDA EX'S
09-04-2002, 02:41 PM
Chad good to see your still kickin' man!! How the bike coming along? Is it put together yet? How about the motor.

ChadEXer
09-04-2002, 03:24 PM
I am putting it together this weekend and the motor will be here by next weekend,,,so it wont be long now!!!

Rastus
09-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Bout time, eh? TC has your motor for....has to be atleast 6 months... :( :eek:

ChadEXer
09-05-2002, 03:36 PM
Yeap, its been about 6 months!! Sucks waitin, but I think it will be worth the wait!!

Striker49
09-05-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
Yeap, its been about 6 months!! Sucks waitin, but I think it will be worth the wait!!

Just hope it holds together huh? You'll have one of the worlds biggest bore EXs along side Duvall and a few others here and there. :blah

You have got to get some "GOOD" pics of the thing when it is put together. As in use somin besides that thing you call a digi cam now. lol.

Drtridr18
09-05-2002, 09:08 PM
How much did you pay to have your header ceramic coatec? 15 bones you mentioned earler sounds really cheap to me?? I'd like to grind the heatsheild tabs off my stocker and grind out the welds and have mine ceramic coated.

Where did you get it done??

Thanks a lot

ChadEXer
09-06-2002, 09:31 AM
Ive got a local shop here that does ceramic\powdercoating cheaper than anybody!!! I paid him $200 to powdercoat everything in my sig and ceramic coat my header!!!!!!!!!!!!

JhallettEX
09-06-2002, 10:23 AM
Chad if you get her put all back together and running by next weekend you should come out to Little Saharra, SandFest is going on and I will be there with a group from C&D Racing. There are going to be some big time drags going on and would be a good time to let me ride that beast of yours. www.sandfest.com check it out. I think is cost $15 to drag and $5 for the show and shine which you could also have a chance of winning. Let me know.

ChadEXer
09-06-2002, 11:40 AM
All my friends are going and man do i hope i get to make it! If I do get it back together im afraid i may even have to work but not sure,,,what days will it be going on???

JhallettEX
09-06-2002, 01:42 PM
Sorry guys, that was the wronf link. try www.waynoka.com and then click on Saharra and then scroll down to the message board and click on it. There is alot of good info about the different classes and what will be going on.

Chad, I will be there from the 11th - 15th (Wed. thru Sun.) I believe everything really begins on Saturday and ends Sunday. I also forgot to mention the Wet T-Shirt contest that goes on Saturday night at the Oasis, a bar in the campgrounds I guess.

JhallettEX
09-06-2002, 01:58 PM
how about this one, http://waynoka.com/sandfest.htm