PDA

View Full Version : no spark

RMpower
10-08-2006, 03:05 PM
i have an 1992 rm250. i was out riding earlier and i shut my bike off. when i had gone to start it back up it didnt go. so i brought it home and took a look. carb was clean, compression was fine, i cleaned the spark plug and tried again. nothing. i finally looked at the spark plug while having my bro kcik it, and i had noticed there was very very little spark or no spark at all. any ideas or suggestions on what this may be??
thannks,Zack

krt400ex
10-08-2006, 03:33 PM
stator or the coil. most likely the coil. smae thing happened to my '86 rm 250

RMpower
10-08-2006, 05:40 PM
can the coil be repaired or does it have to be replaced??

RMpower
10-09-2006, 06:15 PM
i just looking into this a little bit more today, but i figured that b4 i went playing around wiht stuff i should find out mroe variables on wat it could be. is there anyway it could be something in the kill switch wire? or in the wiring or CDI??

krt400ex
10-10-2006, 08:20 AM
the coil would have to be replaced, but before u get there, u should make sure there r no shorts anywhere, and make sure ur kill switch id grounded properly... the coil shouldn't be too expensive, but i don't remember what is was when i bought mine... also, make sure that the wires rn't wet, cuz that will short them out too.

2muchquad
10-10-2006, 10:58 AM
With electrical,it could be anything.make sure your wiring is making good contact at the connections.I have seen a lot of mx bikes that are used for trailriding almost exclusively,kids riding them through creeks and stuff,run'em hard and put'em away wet.There are times when rust and mud etc builds up on the flywheel internals and wont let the motor produce a spark.It could be that or coil or cdi,you have to eliminate them one at a time with electrical.good luck;)