PDA

View Full Version : A-arm bushings....

Texan32
09-04-2002, 08:58 AM
Ok, so the other day while i was wrapping installing my new Galfer lines, i noticed that my right side A-arms were loose. I guess after a year, the factory bushings/bearings are shot?! I did a quick search. Looks like $110+ for one side (upper and lower). Anyone know of a cheaper place to find kits for the arms?

Oh yeah...its wierd, its only loose on one side...not the other.

Any ideas?

tprender
09-04-2002, 01:09 PM
Go in the back of the mag and look in the for sale adds. Helm hakes some for $100 for a set of 8. They are better than the stock ones.

Texan32
09-04-2002, 01:26 PM
is it normal for the bearings themselves to go bad? Or is it possible for the outer bushings to be wollowed out. I guess i will have to wait till i have time to pull it apart.....kinda hard to do having 2 jobs and working all friggin day!!!!

tprender
09-04-2002, 01:49 PM
There is a heim bearing inside that will wear out. This is normal wear from mud, sand, water, and riding alot. This is one that is hard to beleive, but you can buy the whole a-arm with bushings for about the price of just the bushing a;one. I just changed mine last week over to the poly bushing.

Texan32
09-04-2002, 02:24 PM
where did you get the poly bushing? The only thing i could find was the Pivot Works kits. Does it work as well as the hemi? I thought plastic would have a shorter life span and create more friction?!

NJ300ex
09-04-2002, 03:13 PM
Get a T.M designworks or Helm bushing kit. Both are around $100. You can get them through ads in dirtwheels. They are bushings with brass sleeves I believe so it just isn't the bushing. They will last longer than the bearings in the stock a arms if kept greased.

Texan32
09-04-2002, 06:59 PM
well, i just got done taking my lower a-arm apart. Its a good thing factory arms are cheap. Somehow, the c-clip that holds the hemi bearing in place...well, it came loose and scarred up the inside of the arm. So, now i get to replace that one. I just wish i had the $$$ to go ahead and get a set of houser or hermann's, but that will just have to wait for later....

tprender
09-04-2002, 07:19 PM
Good luck getting the rest of the clips out. That was the hardest part of the job getting them out and took the most time.