PDA

View Full Version : Has any one tried this exuahst tip?

eliasxr400
10-08-2006, 06:22 AM
I saw this on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Billet-Power-Tip-Honda-400EX-400-EX-ATV-Exhaust_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43978QQihZ007QQ itemZ170034909501QQrdZ1

400eXr1d3rZ
10-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Link never worked but I think I know what your talking about. It's a total waste of money, no changes at all except a little bit deep sound. It would be better to save up for a used HMF slip-on or a new one.

killerofcrows48
10-08-2006, 08:44 AM
i have a cheapy exhaust tip, doesn't do anything except make it sound better

flauge
10-08-2006, 01:45 PM
I wouldnt spend any money on that when you can make one out of your stock tip. i just did it to mine and it didnt cost me anything and only took like 20 mins.

Then you could use that money you saved and put it on a slip on later.:cool:

killerofcrows48
10-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by flauge
I wouldnt spend any money on that when you can make one out of your stock tip. i just did it to mine and it didnt cost me anything and only took like 20 mins.

yeah i didnt know you could make one until after i bought it, ticked me off!!

flauge
10-08-2006, 04:04 PM
i was about to buy one too until i looked at the stock tip and saw how it worked. It aint no pretty billet tip but it'll do for now, at least until i figure out what exhaust i want to get:)
anyways, i just took it for a quick spin and it felt a lil bit quicker, but i dont know tho, i havent rode for a few weeks so mabye it was just me:ermm:
Im wondering tho, what is the db level with the tip like this? Its about right for me..not too loud but still has a lil rumble. Id like to find a pipe around the same sound level..

Stonewall 61
10-09-2006, 11:04 AM
I cut mine and opened it up after I had been riding it for a couple years. It did make a small improvement with accel and power.... it just breathes better. The biggest thing that showed me that was once I pulled it off, I could let the clutch out without touching the throttle and she wouldnt stall out... it would just take off...... To me that was proof that it did in fact run stronger cause she was breathing better...... BUT....... I've also been told that if you run the bike like that, without a carb adjustment, you would be running in a LEAN condition that could mess up your rings.........

flauge
10-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Oh ya, rejetrting is a must whenever you get the motor breathing better. But i was already jetted a lil rich before i messed with the tip so i ought to be about right now..
Im still wondering tho, how does it compare to some of the slipons on db's. :confused:

Stonewall 61
10-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Now i'm running a WB s/o with 6 discs in it and it's about the same db as the factory with no spark arrestor. I started out with 11 discs, and it was quite a bit louder......... I dont really like the fact that it's that loud, I like runnin stealth mode, but I like the POWER!! Just have to ride where no one cares about db levels.

flauge
10-10-2006, 09:47 AM
I had that same setup before, it was about the same now that you mention it. The wb was a lil bit louder to me tho, but it'd prolly be a lil quiter with the quiet core insert.