PDA

View Full Version : real ltr problem

baubl
10-08-2006, 12:11 AM
will try and make it short, have 3 ltrs, 1 for WORCS which runs great, next two one is mx and the other practice, these two the quads bobble just as its lauching a jump and then almost quits when landing, the next problem making a hard left the quad will quit.
we've gone through the fuel system, check the electrical and grounds, checked the injectors changed plugs, we're running fat boys with vortex open air box and cherry bomb, using pingles kill switch and starter button, no changes to the engine or trany.
ps running at sea level.
any help
thanks
baubl

dixie1
10-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Not sure if this would help since you already said u covered the whole fuel system....read the description of the product,sounds like your symptoms exactly....or maybe call these guys,they might know something

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-LT-R450-Fuel-Filter-LTR450_W0QQitemZ330036441491QQihZ014QQcategoryZ343 53QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rollie
10-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Tip over switch maybe?

bigbadbubba
10-08-2006, 07:44 AM
i was either going to say tip over switch or over on ******** some3 guy had a similar problem, the wire going to ur thumb throtel might be loose simple as taht

AL Elks
10-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Here's the million dollar question. Have you been running race fuel in it?

This is why I ask and it was taken directly from the Yoshi site.

FUEL FILTER
Inside the swirl tank (small reservoir attached to the petcock) there is a small fuel filter. This filter needs only to be replaced maybe every six months to a year if you run pump gas. But- with some race fuels, the filter needs to be changed frequently. Some race fuels will dissolve the filter. The symptoms of a bad filter are when the bike inexplicably starts to cut out. Usually in the air off of jumps with a chopped throttle.

If your LT-R starts to show these symptoms, go to your dealer and buy a few of the filters and the O-ring gasket for the swirl tank (just in case you break the original) and replace the filter. We recommend cleaning the fuel pressure regulator at this time as well.

FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR ISSUES
If your LT-R becomes hard to start and is running poorly, for no apparent reason, often times it could be the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Or, if you’ve had fuel filter issues due to corrosive race gas, the units can become clogged from either debris or corrosion. The normal 42psi pressure can be reduced below 40psi, and things start to go bad. The unit can be cleaned by removing it from the quad, and cleaning with contact cleaner and. We also like to use an air hose to blow out any potential debris.

FUEL LINES
Keeping your fuel lines and water lines cool and protected will make the rubber last a lot longer by protecting it from the heat. The race team uses a heat wrap that is made by CV-4. It looks good and improves durability.

baubl
10-08-2006, 10:55 AM
thanks the tip over switch has been handled like they do on the bikes a dab of silicaon and it doesnt shut down, fuel filter we cleaned dont know the condition on the inside yes we use 114
race fuel. Thw Woecs bike we went to high compression and changed the cam and valves, we're waiting for good aftermarket stainless valves to replace the titanium since the titanium pit real fast when they get dirty.

I didnt understand the first link referring to a manuel.
will let you guys knows.

do any of you guys ride the WORCS races or what do you guys ride

thx
bobl

dixie1
10-08-2006, 04:12 PM
hmmmm...that link i sent should be taking you to a site selling the fuel filter & a description of your exact problem...basically the same thing elks was saying

CannondaleRider
10-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Bob....Maybe pushing a car with your bus shook something loose :D

I never did get the whole story, what exactly happened with you and the car

baubl
10-10-2006, 08:31 AM
well chance since u mentioned it Labor day we were headed to Washugal for top gun weekend, I was on the inside lane to move over, i couldnt move because a cop and a van were blocking the trailer u know Im just 73 ft long, so all i can figure is this deaf mute driver paniced cut in front of me hooked the front of the motorhome at 70 mph and i was pushing her sideways down the freeway, she eventually slide off the left of me and hit the concrete median, she was able to drive away as was i, of course shes saying i turned into her, but no one in my rig felt me move.
it was quite a sight firday of a long weekend on !5 , u supoose traffic backed up, all the other riders coming down knew it was me
and were giving crap for blocking the freeway. It was really weird
standing on the bvrakes looking into the eyes of this lady as I'm pushing her down the road, shes lucky see didnt roll.
so thats my story and i'll stick to it.
You ready for pismo.
oh by the way you guys we have great riding out here, check atv action they just did a article on dunefest, labor day weekend we have TOP gun at Washugal, an of course check my sight fantomzatv.com for my NORTHWEST QUADS NATIONALS series

CannondaleRider
10-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Jesus, some people just should not be allowed to drive.

Did it do any serious damage to the bus?

Almost ready for Pismo, still have a few things to do to the bike, and completely arrange my bike transportation :ermm:

So, what about the Rhino, is it taggin along this time?

Also, your site doesn't want to work for me, I keep getting bunch of internet code.

And I just remembered, whats the plan on getting the big rigs into Pismo, I'm a little worried about Jeffs rig, and your rig, and especially the WORCS setup.

baubl
10-10-2006, 10:40 PM
chance about 10k damage to the front wont be able to fix till i get back, I have my final series weekend right after pismo so will be busy.
my internet works fantomzatv.com,
also they have tow equipt to pull us out there if necessary, fun huh.
rhino has been overheating, new head gasget continous running fan. fan on the belts and redisgn the radiator, should be ready for drew to kick some butt of course if we have room to bring it.
I'm bringing 4 riders 1 girl friend not mine and me plus 6 quads not sure about the rhino, I'm looking for a stacker now and maybe a new motorhome, looking at a beaver thunder 44 ft
525 horsepower 1500lb torque should be able to haul butt.
last time in calif got a $335 ticket plus 15 over coming into redmond they use lots of airplanes down there. anyway
thats my story and sticking to it see you down there drive careful.
bobl

04Ltz40015
10-11-2006, 07:44 PM
My brother and I race the WORCS series. This is our first year. Just did a limited schedual. Were going to Pismo. The sand shouldn't be to bad for big haulers. It's rainy season, so the sand is wet. Just remeber to air down. I run 15psi on my truck and about 20psi on the toy hauler. I have 35's on the truck. You can run lower than that if you need to.

baubl
10-11-2006, 11:07 PM
and who are you guys so we can look you up, your #s
bobl

04Ltz40015
10-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah sorry I forgot to put that. Im on the ltr450 and #132, my little brother is on a ltz400 and #140.