PDA

View Full Version : Ltr450 Vs. 700r

ltr450 rida
10-07-2006, 09:11 PM
ANYONE NOW HOW THE LTR'S DO AGAISNT THE 700R RAPTORS IN DRAGS

450rJam
10-08-2006, 01:57 PM
best rider wins............ltr is a mx quad not a drag quad.
but it does have enough to hold its own.
if both riders are equal I say 700 wins 7 of 10.
I ride red so no bias here.

BCGIrish
10-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I've heard of the LTR doing well but let's face it the Raptor has 250cc on it. In a drag my money goes on the Raptor. That quad is nothing to laugh about.

LTRracermx_00
10-08-2006, 04:12 PM
actually the LTR is faster, because when i first got mine i went over to a friends house n raced a raptor 700 about 15 times and won every time

ingleful
10-08-2006, 05:09 PM
IMO raptors are overated

BCGIrish
10-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I think the 700r is a good machine. It has a torquey engine and has the gearing to pull a stock LTR IMO. It was built to cart around the "big" boys. :D

I'm talking drag racing a straight road with hard pack.

450rJam
10-08-2006, 05:17 PM
exactly...............like I said the rider will make the diff.
if the guy above would have traded quads I do think the 15 races would have came out diff.
and what was you doing drag racing it when you first got it ? 15 times.............break it in first.
my .02

LTRracermx_00
10-08-2006, 05:46 PM
actually it was broke in but it was still when i first got it lol...and we actually had diff. riders on the 700 n the same thing happened every time

hicktown 357
10-08-2006, 06:39 PM
yeah its got 250more cc but ugot to thin k of gear hauls weight drag alot of things diff i have a ltr and ive beat alot of 700 raptors

BCGIrish
10-08-2006, 06:57 PM
I know CC isn't the end all but the 700r has alot of balls. Just bike to bike COMPLETELY stock the 700r has it. The LTR sucks until you start to let it breath plus it's gearing is set up for MX not dragging. I'm not saying it's impossible to win against one but I think if you do that says more about the rider than the quad. I still personally feel that the 700r is faster at dragging.

CannondaleRider
10-09-2006, 08:31 PM
I haven't rode an LTR yet, but i've rode a COMPLETELY stock Raptor 700....and it's really not that fast.

I mean, they are quick, they will move, but compared to my bike, or any other race bike i've rode, its not that quick.

As for suspension capabilities, I would guess the LTR is leaps and bounds ahead. The raptor is rough, and twitchy as he!!

450rJam
10-10-2006, 04:33 AM
thankx for that compairing a stock trail bike to your racing dale.
and to other racing bikes.....................
I drag race a ss monte (far from stock) but its not fair to compair to a stock mustang gt.
the only competition for the 700 raptor would be like the kfx700 or other sport atv's that are not meant for all out racing.
imo

bigH
10-10-2006, 04:19 PM
my friend has a ltr 450 n stock 4 stock its not touching a raptor 700.....the honda n yamaha 450's will beat the ltr in a drag when all our stock.....u put the cherry bomb on it n its a completely new bike

450rJam
10-10-2006, 04:37 PM
yeah and drop the gytr on the yfz or the hrc on the honda.........
dont open that can.
then we have to talk cbomb price, then the overpriced ltr,then we drag race, then the mx, blah blah blah.
the 700 is what it is...................over powered trail bike
that (with the right rider) can compete with any atv out there.
oh and I dont ride yamaha..................I just give respect where respect is due.

ltr450 rida
10-10-2006, 04:38 PM
i dono about a stock HONDA AND YAMAHA BEATIN THE LTR .....cuz i raced alot of them with pipes and filters and im just stock and i still beat them......and they are way more expierenced riders than me

bigH
10-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ltr450 rida
i dono about a stock HONDA AND YAMAHA BEATIN THE LTR .....cuz i raced alot of them with pipes and filters and im just stock......and they are way more expierenced riders than me

okay buddie my dad has a HRC 450r n my freind has a LTR 450 with a pipe n cherry bomb.....we raced i dunno how many times n the 450r was on top everytime....stock exhaust n everything.....even the owner of the suzuki admits the honda is faster.......not bashing the suzuki its a amazing bike it juss doesn't have honda's power.....it def kicks honda n yamaha's but on the MX track stock 4 stock but its juss not a drag bike period

bigH
10-10-2006, 04:45 PM
a kfx 400 or 400ex with a pipe n cam will hang a stock ltr 450 n a drag

450rJam
10-10-2006, 04:51 PM
exactly what bigH said.......
Im not nocking the ltr but its not a drag bike, and the shee isnt a mx bike.................either can be modded to be what ever.
but I have seen a 416ex with pipe get the best of a stock ltr 4 times (each by about 2 lengths in 100 yard drag)

ltr450 rida
10-10-2006, 04:54 PM
....(okay buddie my dad has a HRC 450r n my freind has a LTR 450 with a pipe n cherry bomb.....we raced i dunno how many times n the 450r was on top everytime....stock exhaust n everything.....even the owner of the suzuki admits the honda is faster.......not bashing the suzuki its a amazing bike it juss doesn't have honda's power.....it def kicks honda n yamaha's but on the MX track stock 4 stock but its juss not a drag bike period)....

ok no one is saying that it is a drag bike.....nor is the honda or yamaha........well buddie your friend isnt as good as you are then.....you guys are just h8tin on it cuz u dont have it.....and hondas are the slowest of the 450's........i always have like 4 quads lenghts on them

ingleful
10-10-2006, 04:56 PM
hondas 450 is the fastest stock outta all the 450s....

ltr450 rida
10-10-2006, 04:58 PM
thats what everyone says about there own quad

ingleful
10-10-2006, 04:59 PM
ive gotta LTR ...and i'll admit the honda is faster stock..

bigH
10-10-2006, 05:00 PM
....(okay buddie my dad has a HRC 450r n my freind has a LTR 450 with a pipe n cherry bomb.....we raced i dunno how many times n the 450r was on top everytime....stock exhaust n everything.....even the owner of the suzuki admits the honda is faster.......not bashing the suzuki its a amazing bike it juss doesn't have honda's power.....it def kicks honda n yamaha's but on the MX track stock 4 stock but its juss not a drag bike period)....

ok no one is saying that it is a drag bike.....nor is the honda or yamaha........well buddie your friend isnt as good as you are then.....you guys are just h8tin on it cuz u dont have it.....and hondas are the slowest of the 450's........i always have like 4 quads lenghts on them

haha ur funny then y does dirt wheels say honda is the fastest 450.....i like the ltr n i am not saying its a slow bike but the honda is the fastest 450 n beats it in a drag race.....n both of us new how 2 ride n in 5th gear the 450r pulled the ltr everytime i'm sry 2 tell u that the suzuki does not have honda's power or yamaha's power stock 4 stock but it does......unlike u i will admit the suzuki spanks the yamaha n honda @ handling in on the mx track but get real my freind said his bike lost 2 a raptor 660 when it was stock.....once the cherrybomb went on it the bike was alot faster

450rJam
10-10-2006, 05:02 PM
trx is quickest , but most tippy
ltr handles best, but slowest of the 3
yfz handles better than trx (but slower), and quicker than ltr (but dont handle as well)
all that said the rider with most skills will most likely win. (at drag,mx, what ever)
and they can all be modded to overcome thier weaknesses
NOW LETS RIDE

bigH
10-10-2006, 05:02 PM
suzuki does not have enought top end 2 beat the yfz or 450r in a drag......i never said u couldn't mod a suzuki 2 b faster

bigH
10-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
trx is quickest , but most tippy
ltr handles best, but slowest of the 3
yfz handles better than trx (but slower), and quicker than ltr (but dont handle as well)
all that said the rider with most skills will most likely win. (at drag,mx, what ever)
and they can all be modded to overcome thier weaknesses
NOW LETS RIDE

definately agree with him.......it comes down 2 skill but every1 plays the suzuki 2 b some kind of power god n it is a great bike n is the best MX bike period

ltr450 rida
10-10-2006, 05:04 PM
yes i knoe im FUNNY....THANKS.....WAIT TILL I GET A VIDEO... THEN ILL SHOW U GUYS

bigH
10-10-2006, 05:14 PM
yes i knoe im FUNNY....THANKS.....WAIT TILL I GET A VIDEO... THEN ILL SHOW U GUYS

haha n i've seen videos of blasters beating banshee's, 450's n 250r's

bigH
10-10-2006, 05:14 PM
dude drop it w/e suzuki makes 8543085048580 power okay okay i agree with u jeeze

bigH
10-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ingleful
ive gotta LTR ...and i'll admit the honda is faster stock..

thank u.......this other guy won't admit it n honda n yamaha cannot compete with the ltr on the mx track n if i ever had a choice of 450's it could very well be the ltr cause it handles like a dream n the throttle response is nice on it......i never bashed the bike like ltr450 rida thinks i am caudse my freinds suzuki did beat my dad on the MX track but not in a drag race

ltr450 rida
10-10-2006, 05:36 PM
ok i aint saying that it has more power.........actually i was guuna get the yfz............. and im just telling u from what i knoe ........and expirenced.......i aint just talking.........but yea ok where were you guys drag racing....dirt , sand???

bigH
10-10-2006, 06:10 PM
ok i aint saying that it has more power.........actually i was guuna get the yfz............. and im just telling u from what i knoe ........and expirenced.......i aint just talking.........but yea ok where were you guys drag racing....dirt , sand???

it was dirt a lil over a eight mile in both bikes where on the rev limiter honda was in front the whole time bout a bike length until 5th gear then it pulled away regardless of what bike rider was on what bike.........i do like the yfz 2 lot of power

ltr450 rida
10-10-2006, 06:33 PM
OK YEA MAYBE ON DIRT .........CUZ THE LTR HAS SMALLER TIRES.......BUT IN SAND DRAGS......????

bigH
10-10-2006, 06:40 PM
i am not sure but the honda is faster is does have more power.......i dunno bout sand but if the honda beats it on dirt it should on sand........every bike is different so i'm not gonna say 2 much i've seem some stock honda's run like **** n yfz's lose 2 400's so every bike is different depending on how it is treated

hard one
10-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I raced one when mine only had a cherry bomb and it beat me by about for feet havent had one race me since.

BCGIrish
10-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Just because you beat a bike once doesn't make it the rule, that could very well be the exception.;)

I have an LTR and I think it's peppy. I have ridden the 660R and I think it has balls. I wouldn't ever want to MX it but in a straight line it will put you back.

ltr450 rida
10-10-2006, 11:15 PM
WELL I WAS AT PISMO BEACH IN THE SAND DRAGS ALL DAY AND I WAS JUST STRAIGHT BEATING EVERYONE EXCEPT 4 THE LTR'S ,DRAG BIKES, AND SUM DS650'S.....WELL I RIDE WITH MY FRIENDS WHO MOSTLY HAVE RAPTORS WITH PIPES FILTERS AND CAMS AND I ALWAYS BEAT THEM AT DRAGS CONTINUOSLTLY.....AND IF THEY WERE ON HERE THEY WOULD TELL YOU ........I AINT TRYING TO TRASH ON HONDA OR YAMAHA....THERE BOTH GOOD JUST LIKE SUZUKI

Baracudaaa
10-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Go look over at planetsand dot com in their forums, they have a ton of drag racing info on all these quads. Unfortunately, the 700 Rappy has very low HP #'s in stock form, they really dont get that much better after pipes either.

450rJam
10-11-2006, 03:08 PM
700 hp #'s are low ? compaired to what ?
you may want to check the torque #'s also
the ds650's are nice and plush but drag racers ? they are too heavy. I have seen 416ex with pipe get the best of a ds650.
everyone saying the yfz is faster than the trx are compairing to the 04/05 trx, the 06/07 is faster than the older trx's and the yfz's

CannondaleRider
10-11-2006, 04:18 PM
You people do realize that just because one bike beats another, doesn't mean that its absolutely, positively faster? Right?

Me and Eichner in a drag race, me on Eichners bike, Eichner on mine, Eichner would whoop my ***....is that because my bikes faster?

NO, he's a BETTER RIDER.

Rider skill has a lot to do with the outcome of even a drag race.

450rJam
10-11-2006, 04:35 PM
yes rider makes a huge difference.
there are alot of variables.
you can race 5-6 atv's at the local drag strip but there are only 2 good lines, and one is by far the best.
for some reason my 250r use to run its very best at about 60 degrees outside. (not just a little better)

Baracudaaa
10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
700 hp #'s are low ? compaired to what ?

Look at some of the dyno results. Doesnt matter what its compared to, high 30s for both HP and torque are piss poor for a 700cc motor, even in stock form.

450rJam
10-11-2006, 07:23 PM
thats not a big diff from the other sport quads............its not low 40's like the 450r/yfz but its only 9.2 compression vs the 12 on the trx.
its a sport quad not a racer...................(its just fast enough to compete with the racers with the right rider)

ltr450 rida
10-11-2006, 07:49 PM
the ds650 might be heavy but it has alot of power....

CannondaleRider
10-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah, DS650s will FLY. I rode one in the Hendersons Terrible 400, and I wish I had that torque and power, in a light and nimble bike.

17-38 gearing, impossible to stall, pulled very hard in 5th :D

MaxxRPM
10-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
Unfortunately, the 700 Rappy has very low HP #'s in stock form, they really dont get that much better after pipes either.

...............really?
There are ALOT of 700s getting 50hp with just a pipe and intake PLUS the butt load of torque to match without even going into the motor. All while running 87 octane pump gas...........Hmmmmm, what other quad does this? :confused:

Baracudaaa
10-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by MaxxRPM
...............really?
There are ALOT of 700s getting 50hp with just a pipe and intake PLUS the butt load of torque to match without even going into the motor. All while running 87 octane pump gas...........Hmmmmm, what other quad does this? :confused:

With the pipe and intake you also need to re-map the FI on a Rappy 700, you forgot about that. And just about any model 450 with the same mods will do the same or better. For a machine with 250 cc more motor than a 450, you would think the numbers would be leaps and bounds higher, but they are not. Add in all the extra weight and bulky ergos, and you have to ask yourself "is the Rappy worth it".
And yes, I have owned both.
Dont get me wrong, I like the 700, but more for happy happy trail riding, or putt putting around the dunes.

Baracudaaa
10-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Article--
http://www.4wheelatv.com/current.asp

MaxxRPM
10-22-2006, 09:27 PM
With the pipe and intake you also need to re-map the FI on a Rappy 700, you forgot about that. And just about any model 450 with the same mods will do the same or better. For a machine with 250 cc more motor than a 450, you would think the numbers would be leaps and bounds higher, but they are not. Add in all the extra weight and bulky ergos, and you have to ask yourself "is the Rappy worth it".
And yes, I have owned both.
Dont get me wrong, I like the 700, but more for happy happy trail riding, or putt putting around the dunes.

What are LTRs getting with the same mods........44,45hp? What about torque.........28 ft. lbs.? Compared to the Rappys 45? You don't think that torque matters. I think it makes a whole lot more difference than the Rappys extra weight of a measly 30 pounds. You've had both? If you had a 700R and traded it for a LTR, I sure as hell hope you're an MX racer. If not you made a dam big mistake. OMG...........:D :D :D

Baracudaaa
10-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Sorry, I dont want to mislead you, I have not 'owned' a 700. I had a 660, and while trying to make a decision on what quad to get next I had about 5 months seat time on a 700r that I stored at my home while a friend of mine recovered from a fractured vertebra. I was impressed with the difference between the 660 and the 700, vast improvement in just about every aspect. BUT, going over to a 450 is even more impressive, in every aspect. I ride mostly MX, and race everything from open desert enduros, to grand prix's in a very competitive So-Cal series. The 700 is raced in these events, and usually does about average, but never anything up in front.
We can sit here and debate Hp and Torque #s till the cows come home, I can claim more, and then you can, but in reality I dont give a f**k what is said, lets look at the big picture, who is winning, and on what quads? I understand that you are trying to justify your purchase of the 700, and thats great for you.

MaxxRPM
10-23-2006, 03:51 PM
I know whos winning on my race circuit.........:D
I didn't think 700s where allowed on any race circuits. Are they? I just ride for fun.

Baracudaaa
10-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Raptors are allowed on just about every race circuit, except they have to start in the back rows so they wont get in way of the faster riders.:devil:

700bRad
10-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Wow I cant believe your talking this much garbage about the 700r. I own both a 700 rappy and YFZ450 both are 06's. The YFZ compares very closely to the ltr450 and my rappy with walk on my YFZ. Get your facts straight before you make a fool of yourself.

Baracudaaa
10-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by 700bRad
Wow I cant believe your talking this much garbage about the 700r. I own both a 700 rappy and YFZ450 both are 06's. The YFZ compares very closely to the ltr450 and my rappy with walk on my YFZ. Get your facts straight before you make a fool of yourself.

I just got done claiming the 700 is vastly better than the 660, I fail to see where I am talking trash. Was it by looking at dyno #'s instead of believing blind statements?
OK, since you felt the desire to chime in and claim the Rappy 'walks on yfz's' and the LTR and the YFZ are so close you must also mean it walks on it too, lets here your opinion?? How exactly do you accomplish this feat of 'walking all over' the 450's??? What exactly do you mean by that?? What is your definition of 'walking all over'? What is your proof?
Is it the fantastic front suspension of the 700? Is it the vastly superior dyno charts? Is it the superior weight savings(395lbs my ***, try 414lbs), turning abilities, or handling in the air characistics of the 700?
I am just curious now, and would find it interesting to hear your logic there charlie.

MaxxRPM
10-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Raptors are allowed on just about every race circuit, except they have to start in the back rows so they wont get in way of the faster riders.:devil:

Oh, OK.........So you're saying you get a good look at the front......
........and rear of the Raptor. I on the other hand have NEVER seen the rear of the LTR.......:blah: