PDA

View Full Version : Anyone From Central Wisconsin?

09-04-2002, 12:21 AM
I rode Wood County's Trail System this weekend and it sucked unless you like going slow and hitting the mud. It was a little dangerous in some spots so just a word of caution for ya

Chris

flyin#5
09-04-2002, 03:19 PM
im from western wi but there are a couple people on here from the eau claire region. where in wi are you from?

09-08-2002, 10:23 AM
Im from the wisconsin rapids area. Where do you mostly ride?

flyin#5
09-08-2002, 02:28 PM
i ride alot up in hayward. they have some really nice trails up there. i also ride around my house in osceola.

tinner
09-09-2002, 07:33 PM
So Wood county is still wet ? I was there in early July and it was knee deep water in every turn. I heard that ther are some more trails opened up in I believe Juneau cty. I don't have good info on the whereabouts or if the county is right, but it would be the Necedah area around Petenwell. Supposedly the trails are marked. I will know more in a couple weeks.

09-09-2002, 11:37 PM
I heard something about that ...I can find out for sure tomorrow for you and relay the info to you...If there is a map out I will get one for you and me.

I know they have opened trails in Adams Cty. But they are my favorite:)

Where are you from?

Chris

09-09-2002, 11:40 PM
About hayward.

I was told that the trails up there arent fun unless you are on a 4wheel drive quad?

09-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Hey Tinner

I found a map of juneau Cty. I picked one up for you too. If you would like it let me know.

Chris

loganB
09-11-2002, 12:23 PM
Im frome Berchwood\Rice lake wi there is a trail like a mile away that goase up the superior.

tinner
09-11-2002, 01:49 PM
I am from the Milwaukee area. Parents have a place in Necedah. There was a bad accident in BRF the last weekend in July. It was a head on collision. They have groomed 3 times this year compared to there normal one time a year. This is a good sign that the recreational sport is growing around here...unfortunately it means more traffic. A friend of mine wrecked his new Raptor up there last weekend, I don't have too many details on it though ( he is ok..that machine isn't).

09-12-2002, 10:09 PM
Well Im glad to here he is alright Tinner. I posted the first message because my buddy on a raptor took a good digger after some ruts in the trail and tore all his tendens in his thumb.

09-12-2002, 10:11 PM
LoganB Would you be able to get me a map of the trails that you are riding? And what are the trail conditions like?

Pepto_Bismol
09-13-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by exbetterthansex
Well Im glad to here he is alright Tinner. I posted the first message because my buddy on a raptor took a good digger after some ruts in the trail and tore all his tendens in his thumb.

Hah!, No one knows what the heck I'm talking about around here when I say someone took a digger..that's funny. Good to see things are still the same up there!

Pepto :cool:

wheeltrax
09-16-2002, 07:02 PM
The new trails in central wisconsin are in adams county. I go to wood county alot. they are alot of fun if you go when it hasnt rained in a long time.... otherwise its best to take a canoe instead of an atv. I have yet to go on the ones at adams county. I have a place in necedah, which is really close to adams county. As soon as i get more info i will keep you posted. Clark county has some really good ones also.

09-19-2002, 11:40 AM
I ride Adams Cty's Trails all the time. They are a little rough but what can you expect for the first yr. The trails are alright but if you ride them to much they can get kind of boring. You should try them out. If you make it there on a weekend you can ride There and The "Super Cross Track". But none the less at least we have a place to ride!