PDA

View Full Version : Joe Byrd Ridng School

oj250r
10-07-2006, 07:59 PM
well im up here and just finished day one and man have i learned alot...i mean joe pretty much gives you one on one when you are doing something wrong and makes you get it rite...if you do some stuff wrong its push ups....to top the day off we had to run a lap around his track, ride a bike 2 laps, and ride your quad 5 laps and let me tell you,,,i'm extremely tired....if anybody can get a chance to go i would recommend you go...well im tired and i gotta get some rest for day 2......later

JRP
10-07-2006, 08:24 PM
thats awsome dude, id love to go, but its 20hrs away and i dont think my dad would take me out there, lol

trx400exxracer
10-07-2006, 08:27 PM
I would like to do something like that. Because I race xc and I am not to fond of mx. i would like to become more comfortable on a mx track though. It is way to far away anyways though.

BlueZ440
10-08-2006, 11:27 AM
did they get good turn out?

stocktires
10-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Sounds Awesome! I can't wait to go!

10-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Where is it located? Tennessee?

oj250r
10-09-2006, 03:21 PM
well i just got home and man was it fun...im pretty sore from doing push-ups and i popped my sholder out yesterday afternoon..well joe showed us how to pass, jumps, whoops and starts..and the end of the day we had to race joe on the track and use what we have learned and had to stay on the track until we did...unfortunately i popped my sholder out so i could finish but oh well...before i did that joe threw a whip while making a pass on me..it was sweet....to top the weekend off a few pro-am riders showed up and pro riders..but what makes it even better was doug and joe picking on each other all weekend and then doug went and got jeremiah and brought him back to joes house to watch us ride some and give him all the money we raised for him for the weekend....it was a 600 mile trip for me but it was worth it...im not sure anybody else will be able to do experience all that but it would still be fun and educational.....if you can save up the money i would go...well worth it...well guys im sore and i've got bikes to clean so if you have and questions just ask...later

if you check my myspace ill put some pics on there from it..

TWISTED
10-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Any idea how much did they raise for Jeremiah???? I saw the pics on MySpace. I'll bet that was an awesome school. I went to Doug's 2 years ago, and that was awesome!!!

oj250r
10-09-2006, 08:57 PM
i cant remember the exact amount but it was almost $8000...

firefighterjosh
10-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Is it geared towards begginers or advanced riders? I would like to go. but I am a wuss at MX. lol I race XC. I am no good at MX and I would like to take a class towards a begginers side.

oj250r
10-10-2006, 05:35 PM
its for everybody...i mean i dont consider myself to be a sucky rider....i mean im a B rider and i went and there was a few other B riders and an Pro-am rider...you will learn something no matter what class you run...

Nausty
10-11-2006, 05:15 AM
i went to it a few years ago! It was pretty badass I learned so much and had a lotta fun. I remember he made me do pushups when I was showing off and did a high chair when he was trying to teach people how to wheelie! Hes like WTF did that kid just do? THat first day whooped my *** cuz i used to be a fatass when we had to run around that huge track and bmx around it! I was freeking dead.

I got so much faster after that! Then I quit riding and now I probably forgot everything....:rolleyes:

I remember on the way there we took my dads truck and a trailer and we got lost on those freeking hick *** roads. We took a wrong turn and couldn't turn around and got stuck at a dead end w/ the trailer.
We seen a house w/ a small circle driveway and my dad is like think I can make it!?!? And i'm like YEA we can make it for sure!

Was I wrong....
we were in this guys lawn for ever trying to get out and my dad is like ground guide me cuz it was dark as hell. SO i'm like okay and my stupid *** I was gazing off somewhere not paying attention. My dad was like "am i clear?" "YEA DAD YOUR GOOD"

Then BAM!!!! My dad ran into a bigass lawn statue and knocked it over (oops!?!)

We were stuck in his yard for like 20 minutes. And by the time we left we had a extra load on top of our trailer which was a huge *** branch that got caught on our trailer and rutts everywhere. ALl in the middle of the night in front of some guys lawn. I can just imagine them peeking out the window like wtf are these crazy ****ers doing?

My dad was like I gotta go tell them what happened and say it was a accident. I'm like **** that we're bout to get shot in this hick *** state! I told him to go and we did. Sure enough after we take our first turn away from the road we seen a couple cop cars turning the other way.... WE WERE GONE!!!!

yes, i'm a bad person!