PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Opinions

jman71890
10-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Well I rode my buddys 06 yfz with a Alba pipe and a rejet. That bike just plain rips, but i dont like how you sit on top of the bike. The honda you sit more down into and I like that. Power wise, if I get a 07 450r with HRC kit and a full exhaust will it be around the same power area of the yfz? Im talking seat of the pants here, the yfz had arm ripping power and you could wheelie on demand. There are like no 450r's around where i live so i havnt been able to ride one, and this is why im asking here. Thanks for your help

MAD450r
10-07-2006, 08:09 PM
From what I hear the yfz and trx and ltr are all very close in power when uncorked.

I'd say which one you fell mre confortable on will allow you use the more of the power when riding.

just my opinion here.

mx1791
10-07-2006, 08:39 PM
i dont kno about the 07 450r, but my brothers 06 yfz with a full hmf pipe and rejetted is way more powerful than the 450r's that my friends have, but there older (04, 05, 05) they all have full pipes, ones a tc shorty, ones a sparks, and the other is an hmf. i hear the 06 and newer is alot qiucker than an older 450r though

450rJam
10-08-2006, 05:21 AM
my 06 with hrc (same motor as 07) has no problem pulling a yfz with just a pipe and jet kit. But the hrc kit for 06/07 has cam,jet/needle,header,endcap,and lets it spin another 1,000 rpm.
I dont think you could go wrong with the yfz or the 450r, they are
both great racers. I dont know about the 07's but 06 yfz vs 06 450r............the yfz gets the edge in handleing, the R gets the edge in power. (I do mean edge, they are close enough that the rider with better skills will win)

jman71890
10-08-2006, 07:27 AM
thanks for your opinions. Now since the HRC kit comes with a header, is it worth getting a full exhaust system? Or will a slip on be just as good

450rJam
10-08-2006, 01:28 PM
that is what im trying to figure out..........
the best that I have found (rossier/Dasa) dont offer slip ons.
I had myself talked into a dr.d but now I worked a little overtime so im thinking of getting the full system.
I wonder which is louder............rossier or Dasa
I do like the looks of the Dasa.
power wise I think they are close.

sandmanblue
10-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Power on the 06/07 Honda is very different in feel than the yfz. The yfz with the cam mod and slip on has a defined top end hit that makes it feel fast. The Honda with HRC kit has a ton of midrange and will not feel as fast, but it will beat the yfz in a drag race.

There are more issues than the motor differences. The yfz sits lower and is feels a bit smaller. It turns a bit quicker and the suspension is better than the trx in stock form.

There is a price difference as well. I priced the yfz and Raptor when I got my trx and the Yamahas were about $700 - 1000 more. I took that money and a little more and got my shocks done by GTThunder, as well as buying an HRC headpipe, a slip-on and a HC2 cam. The HRC headpipe is a very good design for a general use pipe. Pipe makers have had a hard time making better power than the HRC headpipe makes. Some have succeeded.

At best, you might get another 1 hp out of a full pipe, but it won't make it over the entire powerband. For the money, the HRC headpipe and HMF Sport slip-on is a great combo and is proven on the dyno to make great overall power. I wanted a "dual purpose" slip-on that I could use on the track as well as with a 96 db sparky for trail riding. The E2 I have was expensive, but it is well built - no complaints here.

My combo makes over 47 hp - see dyno room. You're gonna have to compare that to yfz numbers with typical mods. Maybe yfzcentral has some comparable dyno runs. I can't find any here.