PDA

View Full Version : Our new Truck (pics)

trx400exxracer
10-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Well we needed bigger room in the back for traveling to the races. So we went from an access cab to a quad cab!!!:D

bulkdriverlp
10-07-2006, 07:34 PM
if you wanted more room why not just by a full-sized truck?

tp300ex
10-07-2006, 07:35 PM
that is a full size truck its the tundra

Aceman
10-07-2006, 07:49 PM
That bed doesn't look very fullsize. Your Tundra looks like it would compare with an Explorer Sporttrac or Chevy Avalanche, but not a fullsize pickup. I don't know maybe it's bigger than it looks.

EX lvr
10-07-2006, 08:03 PM
why not buy American??!!

outlaw450r
10-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by EX lvr
why not buy American??!!
Because this man is smart. This is the best 1/2 ton truck on the market. And by the way it is made in the USA.

outlaw450r
10-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
Well we needed bigger room in the back for traveling to the races. So we went from an access cab to a quad cab!!!:D
Very nice can't wait until I upgrade my Tacoma for one of these.

mx1791
10-07-2006, 08:13 PM
in person these trucks are pretty full size, not like ford f-350 size, but not little like the explorer sport trac, i guess u can say the f-150 quadcab

10-07-2006, 08:16 PM
the bigger the cab the smaller the bed in most cases

NICE truck!

didnt wait for the new 07(i think)?

trx400exxracer
10-07-2006, 08:17 PM
why not buy American??!!

why not buy Toyota

have you had one huh???

we have good experience with toyota espacially the tundra very reliable truck

bulkdriverlp- what are you talking about???

does it not look full size we just needed more cab room on the inside

Aceman-I dont remember when I actually said it was a full size but I thought the tundra was full-size now that you bring it up out of the blue!

I didnt want people to critisize. Dont get me wrong you are entitled to your opinion. But I just wanted to show you guys what we got. No wonder so many people are turned away from this sight. Why didnt you get this or blah blah blah, and the thing is half of the time some people dont know what they are talking about or havent even given anything a chance before they start talking about it!!!JMO

trx400exxracer
10-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
the bigger the cab the smaller the bed in most cases

NICE truck!

didnt wait for the new 07(i think)?

yes we dont really have any use for the bed except for tools and such

I personally dont like the 2007. It will deff. have to grow on me though. And plus we got a good deal on the 2006!

outlaw450r
10-07-2006, 08:24 PM
The Tundra bed is actually larger than any other full 4 door 1/2 ton truck.

trx400exxracer
10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by outlaw450r
The Tundra bed is actually larger than any other full 4 door 1/2 ton truck. Yeah i have kinda noticed that I got to drive it this evening deff. enough power!!! If the v6 tundra could pull this. This will have no problem.

We get to break it in good next weekend. We are headed up to the mountains with the race trailer. 5 hour trip hopefull it will be a bit more comfier than all the other races we went to!!!:blah:

troutman561
10-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Good choise on the tundra, wish i could afford the 4 door but ill stick with my 2001 access cab... bulletproof truck tho, well made, and puts out alotta power for a 4.7L..... even in simple little just for fun drag races it will take the GMC sierra with the 5.3L which i thought was impressive... and we pull our 26 ft boat no problem with mine also... oh yes, and the bed is over 6 ft long, not by much but alittle over, def. not like the sporttrac..

EX lvr
10-07-2006, 09:01 PM
why not buy Toyota

have you had one huh???

we have good experience with toyota espacially the tundra very reliable truck

bulkdriverlp- what are you talking about???

does it not look full size we just needed more cab room on the inside

Aceman-I dont remember when I actually said it was a full size but I thought the tundra was full-size now that you bring it up out of the blue!

I didnt want people to critisize. Dont get me wrong you are entitled to your opinion. But I just wanted to show you guys what we got. No wonder so many people are turned away from this sight. Why didnt you get this or blah blah blah, and the thing is half of the time some people dont know what they are talking about or havent even given anything a chance before they start talking about it!!!JMO

sorry didnt mean to critisize, very nice truck (i did have a old toy.. but was too small for me) i live in michigan (motor city) and have family members that work for both GM and Ford. IMO they will all break down eventually so y not buy american, guess i came off biased, but i love american trucks. seems like the only thing left that is all american is fullsize trucks IMO.

Grant Casey
10-08-2006, 02:39 AM
yeah nice truck

Giz400ex
10-08-2006, 03:38 AM

I didnt want people to critisize. Dont get me wrong you are entitled to your opinion. But I just wanted to show you guys what we got. No wonder so many people are turned away from this sight. Why didnt you get this or blah blah blah, and the thing is half of the time some people dont know what they are talking about or havent even given anything a chance before they start talking about it!!!JMO Its been like this for a few years:(

Ralph
10-08-2006, 01:03 PM
why not buy American??!!

yeah you shoulda bought a ford build in mexico

Brad77
10-08-2006, 02:15 PM
You know I like it. I am looking forward to taking a road trip with you guys in it.

bulkdriverlp
10-08-2006, 05:58 PM
this is a full size truck. made in dearborn mi.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/bulkdriverlp/100_0676.jpg

trx400exxracer
10-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/bulkdriverlp/100_0676.jpg

you know what I am really glad you posted that up. i always wanted to know what a full size truck looked like. What are you on crack or something. I could care less where your truck was made or what kind it is!!!:D

Raptor68
10-08-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't know why people get so upset over Japanese vehicles. They have excellent build quality and their engines last forever. You say buy American, yet what kind of quad do you own? I can almost guarantee it's a Japanese quad. Why didn't you buy an American brand quad? Same kinda thing. Besides, MANY Japenese brand vehicles are built here IN America, BY Americans. Where are GM and Ford building a lot of their vehicles? In Mexico and Canada. I think nowadays, buying Japanese is supporting America just as much, if not more so, than buying American, since they are BUILT here. I bet within five years, Toyota will be the #1 car company in the US. GM and Ford will be lucky if they are even in business. Once the American car companies can stop letting the unions control things, they will be much better off.

By the way, nice looking Toyota.

Giz400ex
10-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Raptor68
I don't know why people get so upset over Japanese vehicles. They have excellent build quality and their engines last forever. You say buy American, yet what kind of quad do you own? I can almost guarantee it's a Japanese quad. Why didn't you buy an American brand quad? Same kinda thing. Besides, MANY Japenese brand vehicles are built here IN America, BY Americans. Where are GM and Ford building a lot of their vehicles? In Mexico and Canada. I think nowadays, buying Japanese is supporting America just as much, if not more so, than buying American, since they are BUILT here. I bet within five years, Toyota will be the #1 car company in the US. GM and Ford will be lucky if they are even in business. Once the American car companies can stop letting the unions control things, they will be much better off.

By the way, nice looking Toyota. I think that Toyota was recently upgraded to #2 spot, under Ford. As for quality, resale and reliabilty, you can't beat Toyota........it is the truth and I'm sorry for it but.............:eek2:

10-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
I think that Toyota was recently upgraded to #2 spot, under Ford. As for quality, resale and reliabilty, you can't beat Toyota........it is the truth and I'm sorry for it but.............:eek2:

where can you find what spot the trucks come in like that?

trx400exxracer
10-08-2006, 08:47 PM
we got a lifetime warranty on our drivetrain!!!:eek2:

i think they had a $4,000 rebate on all of the 2006's also!

firefighterjosh
10-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Toyota is more american made then Ford and GM.

Otherwise they wouldn't be alowed to race in the craftsman truck series:eek:

Giz400ex
10-09-2006, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
where can you find what spot the trucks come in like that? Business sections reviews, also to clarify that its the whole company, not just there truck division. With the scare we had on gas, Toyota will become #1!!!!

MX300ex
10-09-2006, 05:55 AM
you know what I am really glad you posted that up. i always wanted to know what a full size truck looked like. What are you on crack or something. I could care less where your truck was made or what kind it is!!!:D

i agree and the tundra has alot more room
in the cab than the fords

Titanium
10-09-2006, 09:34 AM

Im trying to talk my dad into getting one of these. we have an 05 dodge ram with a hemi in it. i jus would rather have a tundra because it has a kick as$ interior and handles very well. now the tundra may not be very much when it comes to acceleration and what not but hey its not like me or my dad is gonna be taking this thing to the race track.:p

10-09-2006, 11:28 AM
they should put the Toyota Avalon v6 motor in the trucks or everything

my mom has it in her 05 and jesus that thing is fast 280hp and 31 mpg:macho

MX300ex
10-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
Im trying to talk my dad into getting one of these. we have an 05 dodge ram with a hemi in it. i jus would rather have a tundra because it has a kick as$ interior and handles very well. now the tundra may not be very much when it comes to acceleration and what not but hey its not like me or my dad is gonna be taking this thing to the race track.:p

for having a 4.7 there good...they were testing the new tundra over a a secret location and well lets just asy the tundra was the best out of the full sized new trucks there

bulkdriverlp
10-09-2006, 07:12 PM
5.4 triton=300hp:devil:

wvspeedfreak
10-09-2006, 07:21 PM

Nice truck.

bwamos
10-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp

Assembled in Dearborn, MI. ;)

Where are the electronics fabricated, brake calipers, hoses, fuel injection systems.. etc..

A Toyota, Honda, or Nissan is just as "american made" as a Ford or Chevy is.

All aside.. it cracks me up that people on a website full of Hondas, Yahahas, Kawasakis, Suzukis are freaking about the "american madeness" of their vehicles.

Unless you own a Cannondale, you own a foreign vehicle. :P