PDA

View Full Version : bow hunting

tp300ex
10-07-2006, 06:07 PM
ok i want to start bow hunting this year but idk wat kind to get....im about 16....wat i need to kno it wat kind to get?????i got like 135 to 150 to spend please help!

vet_ltz
10-07-2006, 06:25 PM
For that kind of money you should be able to get a pretty decent used bow. The truth of the matter is about fifteen years ago, there were good bows and bad bows , now they have come so far . I dont know if they make a bad bow. You should be able to pull the bow comfortably also.
Shoot what you can afford and what you feel comfortable with. But always use sharp broadheads and dont shoot beyond your capabilities.
I have got deer with a bow that cost about fifty dollars and I have shot deer with a bow that cost about seven hundred.
Shot placement is what it is all about.

tp300ex
10-07-2006, 07:08 PM
thanks that helps a tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-09-2006, 07:03 AM
have you ever shot a bow? if not, there is no way you could get to be a good enough shot for a clean kill this year. get a bow and start shooting now and to be ready for next year. \

archery is a little expensive...to start anyway...the cost of the bow, arrows, broadheads, target to practice, camo clothing, treestand, adn the time to practice so you get a clean kill shot.

after you have all that, it is relatively inexpensive