PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions on my 250X

Moddedx
10-15-2001, 12:34 PM
I have to tear down my X engine due to a shifter fork failure(well that is what we think it is, but haven't opened it up yet).. I figured I would have some cash into the parts plus I figured while it is open, put in a new piston and rings.... Then Iwas thinking since I am goign to do that, why not put in a cam and hi-comp piston, maybe a bore(it will need one)... Well i got the top end apart so far and there is some play in the rod, so I was thinking of maybe goign with a Powroll stroker crank and HD rod....

So all in all, i was thinking while it is apart why not go with:
Cam
Hi-comp overbore piston
valve springs
stroker kit(crank and rod)

But then I was thinking, I would have a good deal of cash into all of this, why not just get a 350X engine? I have found a few cheap ones on the net, but am afraid to buy them due to not being able to look them over before I purchase them...

A little overview on my X, i use it for trail riding and some MX and XC racing(occasionally)... I am also building an R. Once the R is done, the X will be my winter rider and play bike while the R will be the racer and only ridden in the summer(main summer bike)..
I figured the extra power will do well in the winter snow, but should I sink all that cash inot it or just fix it and put it back to stock and sink the cash into the R?

I figured since I plan on keeping the X, why not put some cash into it now and I wont need to down the road...

What do you guys think?

Red Rooster
10-15-2001, 06:28 PM
If I was in your situation i would part out the 250X, and sink some of the money into the R Then buy a snowtrax kit for it. I would love somthing like this.