PDA

View Full Version : backflip gone wrong!

4punksdad
10-07-2006, 12:09 PM
:) not one of my machines.

4punksdad
10-07-2006, 12:11 PM
idiot operator

killed300ex
10-07-2006, 12:13 PM
how did it happen?
Evan

4punksdad
10-07-2006, 12:13 PM
jodirt to the rescue

4punksdad
10-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
how did it happen?
Evan

dummy was riding around with his front bucket all the way up & got on a little bit of an off camber & over she went.

4punksdad
10-07-2006, 12:17 PM
when in doubt, call 877-4jo-dirt

Mechanix311
10-07-2006, 12:43 PM
wow case tractors are pretty stable too. Thank god i havent done that on my deere and it is really top heavy. Guess it was bound to happen with the bucket all the way in the air. Is that a 590 super m?

coolguy8769
10-07-2006, 12:52 PM
any major damage?

TCracin440ex
10-07-2006, 01:09 PM
i work construction operating equiptment and man i know first hand that when your ridding arround that your supposted to keep your bucket low.....cuz with your bucket up your COG is higher.....

any time i have to use a backhoe on an offcamber i always swing the boom arround to the uphill side so the weight is more on the uphill tire...

4punksdad
10-07-2006, 01:23 PM
not sure what size machine it is. No major damage. Just windows and cosmetic stuff. Operator, if you want to call him that, was not injured other than a serious blow to his pride.

Aceman
10-07-2006, 02:18 PM
It should be a major blow to his pride! That's probably one of the first things you learn when you operate loaders, keep the bucket low!

gun32boarder
10-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
not sure what size machine it is. No major damage. Just windows and cosmetic stuff. Operator, if you want to call him that, was not injured other than a serious blow to his pride.

Yeah another operator with brains. I saw a "operator" put a John Deer Site truck through a recently completed row of condos. That was a unique sight that i will never forget

Guy400
10-07-2006, 03:08 PM
I didn't actually roll it but I thought I was going to. I was pulling a Bobcat up onto a trailer and because of the angle of the ramp I couldn't see anything in front of me with the bucket down so I raised it high enough to see the gate I was driving up. Well to clear my sight path the bucket was probably about 5-1/2' up. I started up the gate and when the front wheels came to the top instead of dropping onto the deck of the trailer they just kept going skyward! It was like a hillclimb bike when it's cresting the summit:D Fortunately there was a guy standing on the fender of the trailer with the chain and the balance point so close that all he had to do was grab the front of the bucket. I thought for sure I was going to get that 'Cat to do a backwards summersault:eek:

krt400ex
10-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
i work construction operating equiptment and man i know first hand that when your ridding arround that your supposted to keep your bucket low.....cuz with your bucket up your COG is higher.....

any time i have to use a backhoe on an offcamber i always swing the boom arround to the uphill side so the weight is more on the uphill tire...

yup. thats how u do it. i love runnin them things, they r alot of fun. the excavators r even more fun

10-07-2006, 04:48 PM
I worked construction for my dads company this summer and hes got one of those huge forklifts. Well I didnt know the hole rule about keeping the forks low, so I was on an hill going across it with the fork all the way up. Somehow I didnt flip, thank god lol. When I was up on like two wheels I leaned to the other side like I was on a quad lol:o

It was someting like this.....
I drove it like this, not a good idea:chinese: http://www.overtonsafety.com/Lull844C42.jpg

MX MaNiAc 06
10-07-2006, 10:23 PM
I was on my dads New Holland getting a scoop of clay down in the creek. I know the bucket needs to be low but since the backhoe was on i didnt think that rule mattered because there was enough weight on the back that it wouldnt tip. But hitting a soft spot with only 1 of the tires i felt it start to tip over. Luckily i went forward fast enough that it didnt tip. I dumped the perfect bucket of clay, dropped the bucket a couple feet n backed out fine. I sure learned my lesson! Pops would rip me a new one if i hurt his $20,000 tractor thats 5 years old without 1 scratch on it.

Donkey1
10-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Who was the operrator

PolarisRider06
10-11-2006, 12:09 PM
my dads told me a story about working pipeline and running sidebooms a few times....

i guess there was something like 25 booms or so on one really long piece of pipe and he was on one of them and one of the booms at the end had to much weight on it and started to tip...

well since that one had to much weight and tipped of course the next had more weight and it started a chain reaction down the entire line and tipped every one of the sidebooms.... my dad said its pretty funny to watch 25 booms tip one after another all the way down the line...

krt400ex
10-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider06
my dads told me a story about working pipeline and running sidebooms a few times....

i guess there was something like 25 booms or so on one really long piece of pipe and he was on one of them and one of the booms at the end had to much weight on it and started to tip...

well since that one had to much weight and tipped of course the next had more weight and it started a chain reaction down the entire line and tipped every one of the sidebooms.... my dad said its pretty funny to watch 25 booms tip one after another all the way down the line...

LMAO, that would be a sight to see

Honda TRX250ex
10-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I worked construction for my dads company this summer and hes got one of those huge forklifts. Well I didnt know the hole rule about keeping the forks low, so I was on an hill going across it with the fork all the way up. Somehow I didnt flip, thank god lol. When I was up on like two wheels I leaned to the other side like I was on a quad lol:o

It was someting like this.....
I drove it like this, not a good idea:chinese: http://www.overtonsafety.com/Lull844C42.jpg
My friends dad has that excat lull. they are sick it extends like 50-60 feet in the air. We use it alot at work with rafter and beams.

4punksdad
10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Donkey1
Who was the operrator

some guy who is on the maintenance crew at the Smithsonian Institution Conservation Center. Our government only hires the finest & most qualified individuals.:o

coolguy8769
10-17-2006, 12:22 PM
4punksdad, where you from in VA? has to be near me since your talkin about the Smithsonian

4punksdad
10-18-2006, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
4punksdad, where you from in VA? has to be near me since your talkin about the Smithsonian

front royal...........not far from you.