PDA

View Full Version : which stock front shocks are better yfz or 450r?

Quadrider12
10-07-2006, 10:41 AM
which front stock shocks are better the yfz's or the 450r's ? i am looking to put them on a 400ex and was wondering which are a better ride..let me know thanks

CannondaleRider
10-07-2006, 11:33 AM
This is the second question i've seen from you pertaining to shock switching.

You do realize that just because you CAN mount them, doesn't mean you should.

Leverage ratios are COMPLETELY different...so the shocks won't work right.

They will work, but not anything close to correctly...so you'd have to rebuild them.

Add the cost of stock 450R/YFZ shocks to the cost of rebuilding them, and you'd be better off getting some low level aftermarket shocks that are set up specifically for your bike and weight

10-08-2006, 01:20 PM
The YFZ shocks are better...

400eXr1d3rZ
10-08-2006, 06:15 PM
For the money of buying stock yfz/450r suspension you could pick up some used works suspension.

infantry317
10-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
For the money of buying stock yfz/450r suspension you could pick up some used works suspension.

Anything valved for your weight will be better than stockers. Both stockers suck. If you only trail ride, no jumping, the hondas are better, but try to jump and you'll pay, they bottom way too quick.

The yammis are good for jumping, but they'll beat you up on everthing else. Get some cheap Works or Elkas.

good luck whatever you do.

10-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Whatever the poster responding to your question already bought is "the best thing out there."

infantry317
10-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by garandman
Whatever the poster responding to your question already bought is "the best thing out there."

My, aren't we sarcastic...:devil: I personally think PEP is the best, but have never had the patience to buy them, but my buddies have. I think this guy is on a budget, that's why I didn't even suggest anything with rezzies or any of the expensive brands.

10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by infantry317
My, aren't we sarcastic...:devil:

Sarcastic, or realistic? :D

Most people did alot of reasearch before making such a large dollar purchase and are emotionally invested in their decision.

No one wants to admit they made a wrong decision.

So you gotta read these forums with a "realistic" perspective.

infantry317
10-10-2006, 11:07 AM
I know, there's a lot of sh1thouse lawyers on here. I personally have Elkas and I like them. If I didn't mind waiting several months I would have Peps. I've tried out Works, Elka, Axis and PEP and you can just feel the silky smoothness of the Peps even if they're not setup for you.