PDA

View Full Version : parts compatability

speedracer350X
10-07-2006, 05:50 AM
I was looking at my Rocky Mtn, Dennis Kirk, Chapparel catalogs and noticed that alot of atvs take the same # for brake pads. So I went to the local Yamaha dealer and told them I actually want brake pads for a 400EX, which I have, of course they said they don't have any that will fit. I tried to explain to them that certain models , such as the Warrior, Raptor 660 call for the same part # for EBC pads in my aftermarket catalogs. Of course, they didn't want to listen. The only reason I went to the Yamaha dealer was because my wife had gotten me a gift certificate accidently for that place(she thought it was for our nearby Honda dealer). Anyways, I guess I should've just said it was for a Yamaha Warrior or something. Don't you just hate when you know what you're talking about, but others just don't wan to listen?

TRX_450
10-07-2006, 05:59 AM
its whatcha get for goin to a yamaha dealer :p jk.....but our dealership is like that too...its a yamaha one and i go in their all the time for oil filters and told my friends uncle to go there for em and he went a few times and the 3rd time he went the guy there said they didnt carry em...didnt even look it up or go check, just wouldnt go back and look

1fst400
10-07-2006, 06:01 AM
yep, lots o quads take them same pads. a yamaha kodiak 400 front pads are the same as a 400ex.