PDA

View Full Version : Some questions (Need Help!)

KFX400 RACER
10-06-2006, 10:04 PM
I am looking at buying a billet exhaust flange but are they really that better or should I just use the stock one with a load of rtv sealent on it?

Also looking at a hinson adjustable timing plate. Do they help with power or just a waste of money? What do you have to take apart to put this in?

I may look at getting a um air box since I can get it for cheap. Would this help alittle more than a stock air box with the lid off? Wondering if it is bigger than the stock one so more air would flow into it?

Sorry for all the questions but any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

beerock
10-06-2006, 10:46 PM
theres really no advantage on flanges. I will say that if CFM is still making parts its the only exhaust flange with a cooling fin on it. not sure if it helps but im sure it does. other then that any exhaust flange is fine just make sure the cyl to flange gasket is good and use some orange permatex on the pipe and flange

the timng plate helps in two ways, one it give you a small advantage and 2nd its a billit aluminum counter balancer holder which is 5 times stronger then the stock CB holder. (they are known to break from bad CB bearings.

the aluminum box is pretty much for looks, I have a CFM airbox, if cfm is still in biz you can get the flange and airbox form them

rebelbanshee
10-07-2006, 07:15 AM
not sure if it helps but im sure it does

I found this statement hilarious:D sounds like something that would be said in an election year

beerock
10-07-2006, 12:32 PM
:blah: :D ;)