PDA

View Full Version : Kasea is now running

rebelbuggy
10-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Well took the carb off and cleaned it, had junk in the carb bowl now it runs and wow I cant belive how fast this thing is, Still havent found out the size of it but it will keep up with my 300ex in 2nd gear...
My buddy and me had so much fun with it today.

just wanted to post and say I got it running and how much fun im having with it.. its my gfs but she hasnt gotten to ride much LOL.

rebelbuggy
10-06-2006, 09:26 PM
here is a pic of it if anyone knows the size of it

90cc DAD
10-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Looks like a 70cc ..

I have a 90cc that my son races!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Thunderrabbitdog/SleepyHollowSept.jpg

rebelbuggy
10-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by 90cc DAD
Looks like a 70cc ..

I have a 90cc that my son races!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Thunderrabbitdog/SleepyHollowSept.jpg

well it would have to be a big 70 lol, how old is your son in that pic. Hopefully we will find the paper work today on it. cause i want to know. I just cant belive it doesnt say the engine size on the 4 wheeler anywhere. only thing i have found is a serial # witch was on the front right behind the bumper... but then theres another # on the back on the swing arm.. You have any idea why there are 2 #s on it??

90cc DAD
10-07-2006, 08:30 AM
My son is 10. Here is a picture of what that thing can do!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Thunderrabbitdog/PraticewiththeKasea2015.jpg

rebelbuggy
10-07-2006, 07:50 PM
My son is 10. Here is a picture of what that thing can do!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Thunderrabbitdog/PraticewiththeKasea2015.jpg

wow, he is high. What have you guys done to that thing? it cant be stock.

But we found out today ours is a 150cc.
I am trying to find out the weight limit, i know we are pushing it. but i think i am going to sell it and try to get something bigger.

sadinkins
10-07-2006, 08:25 PM
this is a kazuma or redcat not a kasea i think. we have sold some of them in the past and they are fine for just riding around just dont go jumping it and expect it to hold up.

rebelbuggy
10-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by sadinkins
this is a kazuma or redcat not a kasea i think. we have sold some of them in the past and they are fine for just riding around just dont go jumping it and expect it to hold up.

This is a Kasea. not a Kazuma, the one I have..... well it jumps pretty good lol, the frame is steel and we have a welder, we just can't keep the chain tight on it.

QuadJunkies
10-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Ive never seen that plastic on a Kasea before.. :huh but then again, Ive never seen a 150 in person either.. lol

Dad, thats some sick air!!! RIGHT ON!!!

My girl sports air on hers too!!

http://i.pbase.com/o4/26/660826/1/59879365.DSC_0055.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o4/26/660826/1/59879363.DSC_0040.jpg

I have a pic of her mid way on a 85ft table,she lands at the half point, but I have to find where it went

rebelbuggy, glad ya got it dialed in ;)

rebelbuggy
10-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Ive never seen that plastic on a Kasea before.. :huh but then again, Ive never seen a 150 in person either.. lol

Dad, thats some sick air!!! RIGHT ON!!!

My girl sports air on hers too!!

http://i.pbase.com/o4/26/660826/1/59879365.DSC_0055.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o4/26/660826/1/59879363.DSC_0040.jpg

I have a pic of her mid way on a 85ft table,she lands at the half point, but I have to find where it went

rebelbuggy, glad ya got it dialed in ;)

Got any close up pictures ? anyone lol... well the key for it has sysy on it... does that stand for something?

LilQJ
10-08-2006, 06:35 PM
:D
as a matter of fact.. I DO!

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/misc_quad_pics_&page=all

rebelbuggy
10-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by LilQJ
:D
as a matter of fact.. I DO!

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/misc_quad_pics_&page=all

I am guessing just the yellow and blue one are Kasea's?

They look so much driffrent with chrome rims and big racing tires and stuff.

rebelbuggy
10-08-2006, 06:48 PM
here is a pic of the left side of the motor.

rebelbuggy
10-08-2006, 06:48 PM
here is one of the right side..

since i dont know how to put them both in one post, sorry guys

QuadJunkies
10-08-2006, 07:21 PM
The yellow is an Eton 116 and the Kasea is a 90(we swap motors back and forth from time to time ,116stroker was in the Kasea-But.. Its an Eton motor.. LOL Gets confusing:p )

rebelbuggy
10-08-2006, 07:26 PM
The yellow is an Eton 116 and the Kasea is a 90(we swap motors back and forth from time to time ,116stroker was in the Kasea-But.. Its an Eton motor.. LOL Gets confusing:p )

Yea its very confusion, I have been reading and reading onling doin search's on yahoo.com and on google.com and well I have now figured out that china doesnt use the same motor make as the frame or whatever... this is a Kasea frame with a linhai motor.....

I found a website that sells parts for the linhai motors but still havent found a site with the 150cc Kasea 4 wheeler like the one I have. none of them look the same at all.

I was kidding my buddy today about putting a YZ 85 motor on the 4 wheeler lol, cause this kid got a YZ85 and its fast, really fast lol....

The 4 wheeler is pretty good but few things I dont like about it. in that pic you might noticeed I moved the key to a driffrent locationg after we keep hitting our legs on it...

so what make motor and tranny is on ya'lls? is it a linhai or something else?

I havent figured out how to put oil in the gearbox..... its low and leacks out a little, guess a seal is gone bad.

QuadJunkies
10-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by rebelbuggy
I was kidding my buddy today about putting a YZ 85 motor on the 4 wheeler lol, cause this kid got a YZ85 and its fast, really fast lol....

Acutally, you could prol do that conversion... Were pulling the Blaster motor out of my Daughters and installing a CR85 this winter.That will be her upgrade for racing in 2007. the CR pulls somewhere around 21 HP out of the Box, the Yami might pull a HP or two more.Once were done with hers, Ill prol. sell the back up mini.
They do get up and GO!:macho

rebelbuggy
10-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Acutally, you could prol do that conversion... Were pulling the Blaster motor out of my Daughters and installing a CR85 this winter.That will be her upgrade for racing in 2007. the CR pulls somewhere around 21 HP out of the Box, the Yami might pull a HP or two more.Once were done with hers, Ill prol. sell the back up mini.
They do get up and GO!:macho

yeah, I am sure we could do it, other then my buddy said lets put a CR125 motor in it other then the yz lol... I really need to sell this mini and buy at least a 250, its my gf's or for her to ride anyways and well either one of us are small, both around 200 so, My buddy i got it from said the guy who sold it said noone over 200 on it, but it has a steal frame and my buddy can weld lol.. its tuffer then the old suzki I used to own.

We took the baffle out the pipe today, now it will hang with my 300ex in thrid gear as long as I keep it under a quarter throttle.

90cc DAD
10-08-2006, 07:42 PM
I checked and your quad is an older model 150cc Kasea.
They dont make that plastic anymore.
I have some cool picture of my son racing today!! He took a bad crash today and still finished 2nd!!!

QuadJunkies
10-08-2006, 07:46 PM
I have some cool picture of my son racing today!! He took a bad crash today and still finished 2nd!!!

Is he Ok?? Im assuming yes since he took a podium finish!
Any damage?? I swear,its always something!:p
any video?
I always tape our mains but shoot pics of the heat and practice.
this was the last MX .It was State finals.
Not alot of jumps that race ,it was so dang rough they was lucky to finish w/o a wreck!

Congrats!My photo Gallery (http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/omc_idaho_state_series&page=all)

90cc DAD
10-08-2006, 07:57 PM
He is Ok... I will post the video when I get it. Someone at the track got it on perfect video!! It gives me chills every time I see it!!
The quad slammed him face first into the dirt!!
You will even get chills when you see him take a double and the back tires didnt clear the jump. The back jumped up and the wheels turned and stopped !! His chest protecter got shattered!!
The most important thing is that he is ok!!
I will leave somthing for you to see in the video.... I can't tell you how hard he crashed..You will have to see it!!

QuadJunkies
10-08-2006, 08:02 PM
I hate when kids wreck :(
Did you see the one I have of Brandon face planting the fence during a FT race??? I still dont like watching that one :scary:

90cc DAD
10-08-2006, 08:06 PM
No I didnt see it... Where is it?

QuadJunkies
10-08-2006, 08:19 PM
heres one....He got caught in a hole in corner4 and it cleaned his clock!:eek2:
Brandons Wreck (http://media.putfile.com/brandons-wreck)

Another of what was ALMOST a really bad wreck, I dunno how he pulled it off, but he managed to overshoot a dbl. step down,had he kept on the throddle, he might have tripled it!:eek:

MY Dedication video (http://media.putfile.com/Kelsey--Brandons-Dedication-video)
And there is also misc. ones here too

I have about 25 more, I just have been puting it off lately... lol

My vidoes (http://putfile.com/organizemedia)

Wampuskat
10-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Rebelbuggy, do you mind me asking what was wrong with it, why it wasn't running? I replaced stator on our Eton Viper 90, has morespark but not enough to start it, and Eton dealer went through it and says the carb had junk in it needed to be cleaned out, but I dont quite believe him....

QuadJunkies
10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Wampuskat
Rebelbuggy, do you mind me asking what was wrong with it, why it wasn't running? I replaced stator on our Eton Viper 90, has morespark but not enough to start it, and Eton dealer went through it and says the carb had junk in it needed to be cleaned out, but I dont quite believe him....

Your right, dont believe him he full of........ POO

I guess that would be a little harsh but Ill ask before doubting on his end.........Is the Carb malfuncioning?? Worn out ?? Ect...?? A dirty/plugged Carb can make or break performance... so I guess that can be an issue. I know we just replaced one on ours this last go around we found out that was what was causing a nightmare.

QuadJunkies
10-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Also, how does itdo when you try and KICK it over?

90cc DAD
10-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Ok here is the video of My son Tyler taken a Very Nasty Crash!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Thunderrabbitdog/?action=view&current=DSCF0500.flv

QuadJunkies
10-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Makes your heart sink doesnt it?!:scary:
Did it hurt his back any??

My son stabbed his rib bad enough that he now hasscar tissue on his ribs from the Step Down in that video.
He was very lucky is all I can say.

Glad your Son is ok ;)

rebelbuggy
10-09-2006, 06:14 AM

Oh really, how did you find that out? website or ? Well my friend got it brand new last christmas. got the paper on it right here he got it nov 28th 2005. Maybe it was one of the last of those with that plastic.

rebelbuggy
10-09-2006, 06:16 AM

This one had rust in the carb, bowl, and I took all the jets out and sprayed carb cleaner in it put it back on and it crunk right up.

My buddy has a Eton not sure if its a 50 or a 90? and they cant get it running they have changed the coil and stator and still nothing

rebelbuggy
10-09-2006, 06:21 AM
Ok here is the video of My son Tyler taken a Very Nasty Crash!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Thunderrabbitdog/?action=view&current=DSCF0500.flv

Well hes a tuff one aint he, that had to hurt. I dont even want to think about going over the handle bars. I am to ols to do that I dont bounce as good anymore.
glad he is ok.

Wampuskat
10-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Quadjunkie, the problem we had was that it was run through water 20 min later wa shut off and never started since. Took it to one shop said that stator and coil was out. And that the voltage regulator was missing. Due to his unprofessionalism, we removed it from him, replaced the stator ourself, but not coil. After replacing stator, it had a small yellow spark. Took it to the eton dealer who says that air filter was damaged and put on incorrectly. Thats a lot of poo...we checked it when first broke down, it was damp, but not soaked, and it wasnt damaged. I am going to have them show me the "damaged" air filter. I just dont see how junk in carb keeps it from getting spark. Also said that the coil was just fine...heck!! the bike only has 10 hours on it!!!!

rebelbuggy
10-09-2006, 09:55 AM
my question was never answered do any of ya'll's have the linhai engine and tranny?

if so where do you put oil in the gearbox at? thanks

also where is the oil filter?

90cc DAD
10-09-2006, 10:04 AM
I went to the Kasea dist. that sponsores my son. They said that was the old body style and the new body style is the one that I have now. They changed there body style because of Kazuma. They thought Kazuma looked too much like theres. So they took the look of a 400ex and used it!

Hope that helps out a little. Don't forget to check out the video of my sons crash.... Thank god he didn't get hurt very bad! Just a few scratches.

rebelbuggy
10-09-2006, 10:07 AM
I went to the Kasea dist. that sponsores my son. They said that was the old body style and the new body style is the one that I have now. They changed there body style because of Kazuma. They thought Kazuma looked too much like theres. So they took the look of a 400ex and used it!

Hope that helps out a little. Don't forget to check out the video of my sons crash.... Thank god he didn't get hurt very bad! Just a few scratches.

Oh alright, i agree it does look like a kazuma cause my friend i got this one from has a 90 size kazuma for his daughter....

I did check out the video, I said hes one tuff boy, glad he is okay.

So I guess yours has a driffrent motor... Maybe I could email Kasea to get my few questions answered.

90cc DAD
10-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Here is a number for our sponsor... You might want to see if they can help you out.....(717) 284-3098

Kasea is very hard to get ahold of. They never seem to answer there phones!!:confused:

QuadJunkies
10-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Quadjunkie, the problem we had was that it was run through water 20 min later wa shut off and never started since. Took it to one shop said that stator and coil was out. And that the voltage regulator was missing. Due to his unprofessionalism, we removed it from him, replaced the stator ourself, but not coil. After replacing stator, it had a small yellow spark. Took it to the eton dealer who says that air filter was damaged and put on incorrectly. Thats a lot of poo...we checked it when first broke down, it was damp, but not soaked, and it wasnt damaged. I am going to have them show me the "damaged" air filter. I just dont see how junk in carb keeps it from getting spark. Also said that the coil was just fine...heck!! the bike only has 10 hours on it!!!!
Water and the Eton do NOT get along.We have had to place various things when water come to play :(
I agree with you. Hes full of.... POO!

QuadJunkies
10-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by rebelbuggy
my question was never answered do any of ya'll's have the linhai engine and tranny?

if so where do you put oil in the gearbox at? thanks

also where is the oil filter?
How about I send you my phone number, my hubby could give youa quick crash course and help get ya going ;)

QuadJunkies
10-09-2006, 12:13 PM

I forgot I had this one...
This vidoe is of a State race this spring.My kids didnt like the layout on this track,so they just rode very laid back so they wouldnt fear wrecking and just finish...This is when we first started noticing my Sons carb was trashed. JEtting wasa nightmare that wk end.

Poor Austin took a nasty digger!!:eek:

mini carnage (http://media.putfile.com/Idaho-Falls-Noise-MX-Park--minis)

rebelbuggy
10-09-2006, 02:22 PM
How about I send you my phone number, my hubby could give youa quick crash course and help get ya going ;)

Your prbaly long disatance, I dont have a cell right now to call long distance, but I just wondered where those things were...

I need to get a book on it i found a place lastnight who sells them.