PDA

View Full Version : got my butt whooped today

Jake250ex
10-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Well, I always watched UFC thinking hey cool I wanna try. So I went and bought some training gloves like they use and fought my best friend who is a varsity wrestler... long story short I got spanked! Everytime I would charge him, get in a couple body hits and then get thrown around. He got me in a cradle and I just toughed it out until he got off me, I got him in a rear naked choke but he just threw me off of him. Then he punched me in the solar plex, nocked the wind outta me then SLAMMED me and choked me till I tapped. It sucks cause he always thought I was the badass. Oh well... guess Ill just find a weaker kid! I just wanna know what the best way you guys think is to improve fighting skills. the whole reason I wanted to is to see what would happen in a real world sitation.

10-06-2006, 07:16 PM
ahh the benefits of wrestling...
beating up kids double your size and then laughing in their face

Dan_Guetter
10-06-2006, 07:17 PM
sounds like you need to take notes from rufus. BFK for life! haha

Jake250ex
10-06-2006, 09:53 PM
LMFAO

Dude, when he threw me down I was like please give me 911

jdwxv3
10-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Best advice I can give is try to find a local MMA acadamey and try to learn some Brazilan Jijitsu....It is almost like wrestling but adds some extra throws and some strikes. If you learn a few arm bars and chokes you will dominate your buddy if all else is even. Good luck. Josh

Titanium
10-06-2006, 11:01 PM
The main thing i've been tought in fighting was when you start hittin dont stop.

SGA
10-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
fought my best friend who is a varsity wrestler... long story short I got spanked!

Good post!

I took Brazilan Jijitsu, a type of wrestling, for awhile. I had always thought you just went down and at it.
Its not anything like that. You learn all kinds of escapes and holds and how to stay cool when youre wrapped up like a pretzel and better yet, how NOT to get wrapped up.

Its all about training. Your friend has practiced and has been taught by his coach what moves to use and when. Get your friend to show you some basic moves and help you train.

spraw602
10-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
Best advice I can give is try to find a local MMA acadamey and try to learn some Brazilan Jijitsu....

That right there is what you need to do. The army has adopted this as part of their hand to hand combat training now. We had a week long course of it before I was deployed and it was good training.