PDA

View Full Version : Fourtrax 90

ooospeedfreakoo
10-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey guys, i have an older fourtrax 90 (1994ish) that everyone uses to tool around the farm on. It started runing real ****ty the other day and i was just had a few questions;

when i pin the throttle open, it bogs down and stalls if I slowly ease into it it will rev all the way up but skips and misses.

i cleaned the carb out, put fresh fuel in and checked / cleaned up the plug.

Still the same thing, both air filter in and out.

1) Any ideas on my problem?
2) What are the capacities and oil / filter required?
3) What is the airbox mod that people talk about on these quads?

Going to NAPA tomorrow to grab a new plug, oil, filter and possibly air filter. Hoping by then someone can point me in the right direction. I wanted to run a compression test but my gauge is too large and wont fit in the spark plug hole.

jfarrar30
10-06-2006, 08:21 PM
sounds like our mainjet insid the carb is clogged.has it been sitting long?i would take the carb alot apart and clean it again making sure it is all clean andjets are open

ooospeedfreakoo
10-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Cleaned all the jets and air way passages... still running super rich and boggin down. To the point that ether will acctually stall the motor. anyone know the float height spec? i dont believe there are any other adjustments on that carb?

ooospeedfreakoo
10-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Problem solved!!! after i had one of my buddies that real god with carbs check it out and clean it a thrid time... it was still sh*tty, started looking electrical... as soon as i started to trace the wires i found a loose ground!! Done... now after playing with the setting jsut curious if anyone knows the stock settings for the idle and mixture jets? thanks