PDA

View Full Version : any one have a DR 400sm

bayou boy
10-06-2006, 03:07 PM
i am thinking about buying one just to play around town and ride to work. i just went look at the suzuki shop it looks pretty sweet. was wondering if any one owns one and their thoughts on it. should be fairly quick and handle good

10-06-2006, 04:15 PM
my brother has a drz400...he loves it, and lives next to the meadowlands so he rides around there all the time, he hops from his garage, to the street, about 4 miles away and gets onto the trails...

fun times

CannondaleRider
10-06-2006, 04:22 PM
A friend of mines DRZ400(not sm) is WORKED over. It's one of Steve Hatch's old bikes...it's quick, but not "OH MY GOD, FAST"....he told me in stock form they are pigs(i've never rode one personally)

So, just as fair warning, it may be a little on the slow side.

10-06-2006, 04:54 PM
they are fast enough...lol

CannondaleRider
10-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
they are fast enough...lol

Depends on the rider

bayou boy
10-06-2006, 05:48 PM
supposedly the sm has alot better suspension than the regular DR. I know it wont be super fast just hope it has good handling with a fair amount of spunk. being a light motorcycle it should be a fun ride to play around on. how is the reliability on their bikes so far? anyone know of any forums where i could read up on the bike?

ny300exrider
10-06-2006, 07:53 PM
www.thumpertalk.com has a HUGE drz section. the sm is an extremly reliable bike, supposidly extremly fun as well even though it doesnt have anywhere near the power of a sport bike. theres a ton of mods you can do to them as well if you ever want the upgrade. i was seriously looking into getting one a one point but i decided to put off the whole motorcycle idea for at least a few more years.

for cruising around the roads, riding to work, and doing some hooligan riding the sm is a great choice

4punksdad
10-07-2006, 11:48 AM
I really like the looks of the supermotos. I bet they are a blast to play on. I used to have a mid 90's KLR650 and it was ok, but not near enough *** and very top heavy. Still yet, most dual sports are fun play bikes.

Ultimate hooligan bike pictured :)

bayou boy
10-07-2006, 06:19 PM
when i am in brazil i have a friend that lets me take out his lil 125 now and then. in the city is where it shines...very agile and light feeling...not very powerful but it gets the job done. the drz is probably alot torquier and handles alot better. i think it would be an awesome toy to play around on. is fairly inexpensive gets great milage and is cheap to insure and is similar to a quad engine meaning I could do my own mods....what could be better

Plante400
10-08-2006, 02:50 AM
i bought a crf450X and put it on the road

just something to consider