PDA

View Full Version : How to remove ignition switch and lights ?

playhorse
10-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Damn,

I know this is an easy one, but I have heavy hands. I want to know how to remove the ignition switch and lights from the stock plastic thingy. They are not wanting to come out so easily and I don't want to force anything. The ones from my Suzuki popped right out. It's an '06 TRX450.

NikNacs67
10-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Pop the neutral and temp. lenses off then push the rubber grommets through. I messed around with the key for over 15 minutes till it came out. You have to push the 3 tabs on the inside of the plastic thingy till it pops loose then unplug the key at the end of the wires.....

playhorse
10-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Thanks,

I got the lights out the way you mentined last night. Good advise on unplugging the wires. I assume the connector will go through the hole ?

Coolidge
10-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I flipped my quad. Broke the steering stem, bent the bars, etc.
THAT got the lights & switch out! ;)

Coolidge
10-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by playhorse
Thanks,

I got the lights out the way you mentined last night. Good advise on unplugging the wires. I assume the connector will go through the hole ?

There is a 8mm bolt (near tank vent hose hole). REmove that bolt and the switch/light panel can be removed, and the sw/lts can be unplugged. You may have to remove hood, and ? to get to it