PDA

View Full Version : Good price???

Lowcountrydave
10-05-2006, 06:28 PM
A couple of weeks ago I snapped a lower a-arm and damaged a shock on my 400EX 06. "Fence post are pretty stubborn" Anyways I won a set of brand new factory shocks off Ebay. They were replaced with an aftermarket front end, and never used.

Pair of Shocks and Shipping $135.00

I think its a great price.

Dave

400exmkt
10-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Seems a little high for factory. You probably could have got a good used pair off here cheaper. I just got rid of a full set of stock shocks for 80 shipped but i was just trying to get rid of them fast and wasn't trying to make any money off them.

A A R O N
10-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't know what BRAND NEW oem shocks cost from honda, but I sold a pair of used 03 400ex shocks a couple months ago for I think $40 plus shipping.

Lowcountrydave
10-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Well I looked up a single shock (brand new), on one atv site, it was selling for $102.00 each! That was without shipping. I looked on this site. But no offence to anyone selling them. But you really don't know how many times they may have been bottomed out, or what kinda life is left on them either.

Dave

A A R O N
10-06-2006, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Lowcountrydave
Well I looked up a single shock (brand new), on one atv site, it was selling for $102.00 each! That was without shipping. I looked on this site. But no offence to anyone selling them. But you really don't know how many times they may have been bottomed out, or what kinda life is left on them either.

Dave

True, but if you're concerned about life left on them, next time you're looking for shocks buy a used set of 450r shocks for your 400. They will fit on with a little bit of grinding on the top eye I believe. Then, when they get worn out you can just rebuild them unlike the 400 shocks. That way you don't need to keep buying new shocks.

Lowcountrydave
10-07-2006, 03:57 AM
Good idea, down the road all probably purchse some of the 450 shocks.

Dave