PDA

View Full Version : douglas .190's!?!?!?

zoom400ex
09-03-2002, 06:40 PM
i am looking to buy new rims and i dunno what kind to get. i am pretty sure i am getting douglas 190's but should i get reinforcement rings or just standard rims. should i get beadlocks or what?!?!! i dont want to pay a lot of mone, and i dont do a lot of racing. some drags. mx every so often and about 85% of the time trail riding and sand. all help is appreciated!! thanks

mxracer08
09-03-2002, 07:33 PM
the .190's should be fine if u don't jump too big of stuff. I noticed my fronts are slightly bent but i jump like 65-70 ft tabletops w/ 10-12 ft of air, so they should be ok 4 u

skemp
09-03-2002, 07:41 PM
I flat spotted all 4 of mine, but I hit some pretty hefty stuff, and things like bent rims is expected. The dents pounded right out, but I am going to get reinforcing rings so it won't happen again.

I would say that if you don't jump really big, and the landings are good (unlike most of the stuff I hit) you will be okay. If you trail ride around lots of rocks and stumps, I would consider reinforcing rings, beadlocks, or wheels with a rolled lip.

Texan32
09-04-2002, 07:57 AM
My rear 190's are pretty banged up, and trail riding is what i mostly do. Yes, you can take a mallet to them ad straighten them, but i ma now wishing i had saved a few more bucks and got race rims!

Regular 190's are easily bent. The rolled beads are MUCH stronger. Then comes race wheels....then beadlocks.....

I seriously would advise getting AT LEAST rolled beads.

...just my thoughts....

Sick0
09-04-2002, 06:16 PM
If you go in the woods alot get the race wheels. If you race mx alot get beadlock. When I go in the woods I always get some kinda dent or flatspot. I think all douglas red label have a rolled lip. ITP don't. Don't get ITP the suck. They leak air