PDA

View Full Version : 01 250ex Shifting Problem

aejeeper
10-04-2006, 07:32 PM
When I shift from neutral into first gear the fourwheeler will start to move forward instead of staying still. When shifting into reverse I cant even get it back up to neutral unless I turn it off and then it shifts into neutral. It shifts fine through all the other gears. The oil is good, I tried to play with the idle and that didnt work, and I tried to adjust the clutch and have had no luck. I am starting to wonder if this maybe an internal clutch or transmission problem? Has anyone had a similar problem? I am dreding taking this to the dealership which will cost alot so I'm thinking about fixing it myself, any input would be apprecitaed, Thanks.

bigj250
10-07-2006, 09:08 PM
do you pop your gears to wheelie or slid in dirt cause that gets them worn out if u do that then thats the problem my brother deos that alot on his 06 250ex and when they got worn out the gears dont grab on and they slip so i had 2 install a whole clucth basket pressure plate and plates its a lot of work. so if u do that thats your problem your clutch plates are worn out dont pop your gears only if you want 2 pay $120 just 2 install