PDA

View Full Version : 416 question??

lost boyz
10-04-2006, 06:49 PM
ok im looking on redoing my 2000 400ex...
my question is this...

i do alot of trail riding but sometimes rip and tear...i dont need somehting over kill and not reliable like the 440 kit..

so here we go...

the 416 is it reliable on trails?

im looking to do weisco piston anyone know what size it is?

what hotcam should i go with stadge 1 or 2?

i see on ebay a 416 kit with the mag cam are they good or should i just got with hotcam?

will i need to do any head work meaning valves?

should i port and polish if so whats a ball park on price?

will i need to change the front sprocket for the trails or is stock fine?

i have a white brothers exhaust/white brothers rev box/uni filter/

is there anything else i should do or check into when doing the 416 kit???

LIKE I SAID IM DOING ALOT OF TRAIL RIDING BUT LIKE TO OPEN IT UP FROM TIME TO TIME...
BUTTTT I WANT IT TO BE RELIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANY MORE SUGGESTION WOULD BE GREAT.....
THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY HELP

cals400ex
10-04-2006, 11:48 PM
416=87mm piston. the compression ratio of the piston you want to run will depend on the fuel you use. most agree up to 11:1 is safe for premium pump gas. i would get a stage 2 hotcam if it was me. the stage 1 will be better for tighter trails but it has a tick to it and i don't care for that. a good full exhaust will help out a lot for drag racing. if you just like messing around in trails and such then anything will be fine. your stock head will be fine. if you upgrade rev boxes then you may consider heavy duty valve springs. a port/polish may help but not as much as the cam/piston combo. so if you were to leave something out, it would be the port/polish if it was me.

firefighterjosh
10-05-2006, 01:46 AM
I have a 416 with JE piston tc XC cam, vavles, springs. A very mild engine. I race XC and this things has been unbreakable. Great trouq. I can also still keep up with the 450s. I am side x side with my buddies 450 with a HRC kit until I top out. I love it.