PDA

View Full Version : tqra at badlands

mxriderona400ex
09-03-2002, 05:27 PM
tqra this saturday 9/7/02 whose goin???its at badlands mx!!!!

MxDale71
09-03-2002, 06:28 PM
I just want to say that I hate everyone that is gonna go...

Only because I CAN'T!!!!!!

I should have the new axle by the end of the month and I should be having my shocks rebuilt too (HOPEFULLY!!!). After that, I'll be saving up for a-arms and a HMF pipe and a steering stem (the steering stem is not for sure since I'll only buy that if I go w/ the Housers). I need to start looking for stuff to sell!!!

Razorback
09-04-2002, 11:34 AM
i'll be out of town, so i have to miss it. wish i could go, though. hunter miller will have his new crf450 quad there. can't wait to see that thing.

MxDale71
09-04-2002, 12:15 PM
DAAAANNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG! I might just show up and watch... just to see that 450. I bet that'll be a BAD SOMB!TCH.

Razorback
09-04-2002, 12:30 PM
he bought jeremiah's 450 since jj's wanting to go back to a 2-stroke. should be a sweet arse machine.

oh, and the rumor about h-bomb films going to caddo was true. it didn't happen though because they had to get back to california. they were going to setup that kicker from the freestyle competition in front of the tunnel jump. that would have been awesome to see. maybe it'll happen sometime in the future.

Buzzsaw
09-04-2002, 06:27 PM
yeah, that's what joe told me about h-bomb, and hunter is going to hurt johnny's feelings again this weekend. hope i'm home for the full moon at badlands

Razorback
09-04-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by buzzsaw300
yeah, that's what joe told me about h-bomb, and hunter is going to hurt johnny's feelings again this weekend. hope i'm home for the full moon at badlands

:o

he's definitely recovered from his injuries. i can't wait to see him ride the new machine. i see you've got net access. hope the trip is going well. later...

Buzzsaw
09-04-2002, 08:35 PM
labtop never leave home without it.

MrP
09-05-2002, 09:55 AM
buzzsaw300- We will see who gets their feelings hurt. I promise it want be Johnny!

Razorback
09-05-2002, 09:58 AM
:eek:

MxDale71
09-05-2002, 11:34 AM
Yeah, Johnny is still faster than Hunter, but as long as Hunters progress doesn't flatten out now, it won't be long for Hunter. Or atleast at Badlands, Hunter rides there more than Johnny so that gives him a slight advantage, but not enough to be faster........ yet.

beyer05
09-05-2002, 12:13 PM
When is the next full moon series race?

Buzzsaw
09-05-2002, 06:15 PM
ease up johnny fast but keep your eyes on hunter.

Razorback
09-05-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by beyer05
When is the next full moon series race?

sept. 14 at badlands. you going to make it? i'm going to be camping that weekend, so that's another race i'm missing. you've been at badlands before, right? how'd you like it?

mxriderona400ex
09-05-2002, 08:10 PM
i go evry practice nite and try 2 make the races.im only 13(about 2 be 14) and it seems like evry1 else out there in my class is atleast 25.lol

MxDale71
09-05-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by mxriderona400ex
i go evry practice nite and try 2 make the races.im only 13(about 2 be 14) and it seems like evry1 else out there in my class is atleast 25.lol

You race the novice class right? I was out there last wednesday for practice I believe. I only practiced one time cause I blew out my rear shock that day. Were you there that day? I'm pretty easy to find... I'm usually the only C-dale rider out there. Also, I'm the Dale rider w/ red plastics, no headlights, shaved fenders, and a really narrow back end w/ a pretty wide front end (looks kinda funny). Next time you see me, the Dale will look a "little different". I'm scared of that Novice class. I was going to stay in it for a little while longer, but some of the novice riders seem to float around the track a bit and I landed on one of them in one race. The intermediate riders jump almost everything, and usually hold their lines, so it's a little safer.

I'm not doggin you or anything, but I know some of the novice riders still have some learning to do (which is to be expected) and some, not all, scare me a bit.

MX26
09-07-2002, 11:16 PM
Quit riding for a year, and look what you miss out on?

Jeeze, 2003 will be a fun year. I'll be sporting a quad made in this millineum(lol), and am ready to return to the sport. MxDale71, I'm meeting Ryan in Rockwall tomorrow. Dunno if you're gonna get with me in time, but I'm dropping the Banshee off, hoping to get some cash out of it. I'll eat a Hooters french fry for you :) ;)

Daniel bought a PS2 tonight. Been playing ATVORF for a while. Looks like you're the only bum in 3D without one. haha.

Buzzsaw
09-08-2002, 03:00 PM
how did the race go?

beyer05
09-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Not going to make the 14th. I am going to the dunes that weekend. I have been to Badlands 2 or 3 times now and I really like it. Actually, the only track I like better is the day track at Village creek. I will be back more this year, but I will probably be down with that SLOW guy, Johnny Hale! Ha ha. By the way, how did it go this past saturday night?

MxDale71
09-08-2002, 08:10 PM
Thats a good question. I was gonna go and watch but I decided to go over to a friends house and chill and play some foosball :D. I gotta get me one of those foosball tables... either that or a air hockey table :D.

David, you think I would be able to enter a race on my scooter this next weekend? LOL, ofcourse, if I did I would make a complete @ss of myself (overalls, no shirt, open face helmet, and swimming goggles). Sorry that I didn't give you a call yesterday, I forgot. I hope all went well w/ the shee.

Razorback
09-08-2002, 08:14 PM
beyer05 - i didn't make it last night. i was out of town at the razorback game. i met kevin at the stadium. super nice guy. have fun at sandfest!

btw, on the way home today, i saw a track off i-40 at checotah? i didn't get to stop a look (wife wouldn't let me :D ) do you know anything about it?

you definitely need to make it down for the last tqra race at caddo point.

beyer05
09-09-2002, 04:52 AM
Yeah, I would like to make it to caddo for the final round. We will see when the time comes. The track off of I-40 does not allow quads, imagine that! It is owned by a guy that used to have a track in Muskogge and we could race there. Now he opens a new one and says we can't ride. A--hole!

Razorback
09-09-2002, 06:48 AM
well that bites. it looked like a decent track when i passed it. he's just missing out on revenue...

MrP
09-09-2002, 01:46 PM
1. Johnny Hale (by 10-15 seconds)
2. Chad Smith
3. Hunter Miller
4. Bryan Chaler
5. Cody Miller

Razorback
09-09-2002, 03:11 PM
i guess cody's hand/wrist is getting better. he has been in a cast for a few weeks. it's going to get interesting when cody and hunter both get to full health at the same time. cody has continued to get better and practicing with johnny and bryan doesn't hurt :)

MX26
09-09-2002, 05:38 PM
MrP.. Were you there? I can't believe I missed it! This is lonestarbanshee by the way.

MrP
09-09-2002, 07:32 PM
MX26- No I wanst there, but I talked to Bryan and Johnny today and they told me how it went. It also rained.

RazorbackEXRider- Hunter is back to full health, but Cody is still getting better.

Razorback
09-09-2002, 09:27 PM
you're from jackson, ms, right? i know it'd be a long way, but if you come over for a race sometime, be sure and let some of us locals know. several of us like to practice at hunter and cody's place or a couple of other spots. it'd be fun to get an mini exriders race or just practice.

Buzzsaw
09-09-2002, 11:13 PM
wuz up

Razorback
09-10-2002, 06:52 AM
hey buzzy - you still out of town? you going to be able to ride on the 21st? i didn't know if you'll be back in town or not...

MrP
09-10-2002, 09:33 AM
RazorbackEXRider- Yea I am from Jackson. Im going to come to all of the TQRA's next year. It isnt too bad of a drive though.

Razorback
09-10-2002, 09:56 AM
hey, that's great. i assume you'll be riding pro level? can't wait to meet you.

i've talked to the folks who run the tqra and we're trying to add some new tracks also, so we'll have a very nice series, although it's already great. for a local series, the money pot is pretty decent for the pros.

MrP
09-10-2002, 01:36 PM
Yea I will run the pro class. I wanted to come to all the TQRA's this year but my money wasnt right so I just stuck with all the Nationals. Next year I will do both and I am looking forward to racing at all the Texas tracks.

MxDale71
09-10-2002, 01:39 PM
I'm just looking forward to racing again. I CAN'T WAIT till I get the Dale done!!!! It's gonna be sweet! I'm planning on racing the TQRA next year... I didn't race any of them this year.

Razorback
09-10-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by MrP
Yea I will run the pro class. I wanted to come to all the TQRA's this year but my money wasnt right so I just stuck with all the Nationals. Next year I will do both and I am looking forward to racing at all the Texas tracks.

well, i think we have some great tracks around here. no two are very much alike. it'd be nice if the GNCs would come west of the mighty mississippi sometime :D the good thing about the TQRA versus all the other series around here is that they're quads only, unlike the full moon series where there's 4 quad classes and 20 dirt bike classes.

mxriderona400ex
09-10-2002, 05:49 PM
for my second time racin and im only 13 i placed 8th out of like 35 people :)
novice class

MX26
09-10-2002, 07:52 PM
Scott, are you riding the FMS? Maybe we'll meet up sometime. I'll be the guy walking.... Or maybe riding a black K&K 250R with a FOR SALE sign on it :)

Buzzsaw
09-10-2002, 08:50 PM
trying to get out of cali. and get back to texas, saw some sweet trails off the 101 in san miguel. this weekend we're going to ride at pismo beach.

Razorback
09-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by MX26
Scott, are you riding the FMS? Maybe we'll meet up sometime. I'll be the guy walking.... Or maybe riding a black K&K 250R with a FOR SALE sign on it :)

well, i made the first one, but i won't make another one until the november race at weatherford. i go to all the home football games for the razorbacks, so it's got my racing schedule screwed up. you going to be at the tqra race at caddo on 10/13? i'll definitely be there. btw, i wish i had a bunch of extra money, cause i'd buy your r. it looks great!

buzzy - i'm jealous of you getting to ride at pismo...take some pics if you can.

MX26
09-11-2002, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure yet. It depends on where I'm at with the R. If it's sold, I'll be there. If not, I might still be there:) Sorda don't want to ride it before I sell it, hate to break something and have to pay for it. I'm ordering parts at the moment.

MxDale71
09-11-2002, 11:35 AM
David - something seems a little funny about your signature. :confused: :)