PDA

View Full Version : Don't Buy Pepsi In The New Can!

c450Razy
10-04-2006, 02:42 PM
DON'T BUY PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN!

Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a
new "patriotic" can coming out with pictures of the Empire State
Building , and the Pledge of Allegiance on them.

However, = Pepsi left out two words in the pledge,
"Under God."

Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone.

In that case, we don't want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate
office, either!

So if we don't buy any Pepsi product, they
will not be offended when they don't receive our money that has
the words
"In God We Trust" on it.

Ghost-Rider
10-04-2006, 02:46 PM
That pledge stuff gets so old so fast its so dam stupid i mean comon people it was created so long ago ....dont like it ? tough go find some other country to live in ... like canada lol ..... ( nothing wrong with canadians ... inless they live there because of pledge) the way i see it is the can doesnt have the pledge on it because it is missing words ...... idiots allways find something to ***** about... sorry for partial rant

10-04-2006, 02:51 PM
So don't buy a Pepsi because you don't like what the written says?

It whats in the inside, that really counts:blah:

EX lvr
10-04-2006, 03:03 PM
cuz pepsi obviously dont have the balls to print the what our patritism/country is based on thats what he meant

sandmanblue
10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Can somebody post a pic of the can? Non-photoshop'd of course...

If it's true, then that has to be one of the most asinine decisions any company ever made. I can't believe they would be willing to piss off millions for the sake of not pissing off a few.

WTF is with this PC crap?

Can you say backlash?

theTman
10-04-2006, 03:46 PM
coke is better anyways:o

10-04-2006, 03:49 PM
unbelieveable (sp)...i hate pepsi in the first place, now i will hate them even more

"in god we trust"

ARE YOU SERIOUS????!!

Robin Hood
10-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Doesn't bother me at all. I don't feel like starting a debating thread on religion either..

...so tempting though.:blah:

Ralph
10-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by EX lvr
cuz pepsi obviously dont have the balls to print the what our patritism/country is based on thats what he meant

Because if they do print it they will have even more people complaining.

Welcome to 2006 kids. Political Correct America. Deal with it. Im gonna go buy some pepsi right now...

CannondaleRider
10-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Whats funny......theres probably a large enough majority of people that WOULDN'T want "under god" on the can, that it could f*ck Pepsi over if they didn't "care".

SO, they were probably trying to avoid the loss of that side of the customer base, and just took it off.

Get the hell over it people, quit looking for things to b!tch about and live your life

yellow400ex05
10-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Whats funny......theres probably a large enough majority of people that WOULDN'T want "under god" on the can, that it could f*ck Pepsi over if they didn't "care".

SO, they were probably trying to avoid the loss of that side of the customer base, and just took it off.

Get the hell over it people, quit looking for things to b!tch about and live your life

yea you have a point, but still why people why?What would the people that helped get this country where it is today think if they heard or saw that? IMO they would go nuts and prolly commit suicide, they just would be so disgusted!

deathman53
10-04-2006, 04:43 PM
this politically correct, ractially sensitive, religously sensitive crap is driving me nuts. No more do we say "merry christmas", but "happy holidays". All the "in god we trust" stuff infront on most governemnt buildings is gone, when will this crap ever end?????? The term for "fat" people changed too, instead now you say over-weight, obease, big-boned, or other sensitive crap. Black people are no longer black, they are african-american, indians are native-americans, you can't call white people white anymore!!!!! you have to call them caucatsation(sp), people are very over sensitive. Food is another thing of mine, you can't get "regular" food anymore, its all low fat, low salt, no fat, low or no carbohydrates, or the term they like to call it "light". What has been happening in the past few years is making me sick to my stomach.

CHEVYZ
10-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Hearing people b*tch about it makes me want to go out and buy Pepsi... and Pepsi sucks!

troutman561
10-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Excuse me I'd prefer to be called a light skinned american of european decent please, the whole being called caucasion is very upsetting to me and now I must write my senator about you.

10-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
Excuse me I'd prefer to be called a light skinned american of european decent please, the whole being called caucasion is very upsetting to me and now I must write my senator about you.

same here...

Honda400exrox
10-04-2006, 05:21 PM
OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS? WE SHOULD BURN EVERY PEPSI PRODUCT IN THE U.S.

its two words get the **** over it:rolleyes:

coolex
10-04-2006, 05:22 PM
i prefer cracker any ways over white

any ways pepsi is gross anyways

Coca-Cola

gtilley45
10-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
this politically correct, ractially sensitive, religously sensitive crap is driving me nuts. No more do we say "merry christmas", but "happy holidays". All the "in god we trust" stuff infront on most governemnt buildings is gone, when will this crap ever end?????? The term for "fat" people changed too, instead now you say over-weight, obease, big-boned, or other sensitive crap. Black people are no longer black, they are african-american, indians are native-americans, you can't call white people white anymore!!!!! you have to call them caucatsation(sp), people are very over sensitive. Food is another thing of mine, you can't get "regular" food anymore, its all low fat, low salt, no fat, low or no carbohydrates, or the term they like to call it "light". What has been happening in the past few years is making me sick to my stomach.

Same here. I have no problem being called a fat b@stard. You know why, I am!! Like I read on another forum where somebody was easily getting their feelings hurt, "Stop being such a thin-skinned pu$$y!"

arego
10-04-2006, 05:27 PM
if anyone wants to give away their money that says "in god we trust" send it to me :devil:

gbcap
10-04-2006, 05:43 PM
check www.snopes.com

story is false. but the concept is still BS. you don't like it.

LEAVE. pretty freaking simple.

redrider311
10-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
That pledge stuff gets so old so fast its so dam stupid i mean comon people it was created so long ago ....dont like it ? tough go find some other country to live in ... like canada lol ..... ( nothing wrong with canadians ... inless they live there because of pledge) the way i see it is the can doesnt have the pledge on it because it is missing words ...... idiots allways find something to ***** about... sorry for partial rant

actually you are part wrong.. the words "Under god" were not in the original pledge..either Teddy Roosevelt or FDR put them in.. im not for sure.. but it came in between 1900-1940...the imperalism period.. TR or FDR felt it was our "Divine Internetion" and god wanted us to imperialize cuba, the phillipeans etc. etc. so thats when the words were put in ...:)

10-04-2006, 06:00 PM
You guys are silly. Thats been around for years, and been fake for years.

I'm super duper serial too.

Execlsior.

Manbearpig.

Cr85rRida
10-04-2006, 06:40 PM

:ermm:

there not idians thats why we should call them native americans because hmmm i dont know mabey thats what the **** they are?!!!

you seem like the sensitive one here, and the whole food issue. thats thee most bogus thing i have ever read

"yeah ill have the food over there"

whats wrong with having things classified and healthier. Does it really do anything wrong to you? Its helping you.

Calling some one fat is just ****ing rude. So obease or over-weight is the more polite way to address some ones physical status.

black people are not black. since when is a color a decent? its not, there African's or African Americans. again its CORRECT.

reading your post made me realize how inconsiderate some people really are.

"if you dont like it get out"

you get the **** out, the power is in the people and the politics we address.

so if they think its time for a change there not going to get out there going to do something about it.

soda is the reason why the whole nation is over-weight. so i think its a good idea no one drinks it!

let the flaming begin!!!:eek2:

Eddiesanders250
10-04-2006, 06:48 PM
why would u buy pepsi? get a coke:blah:

wvspeedfreak
10-04-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm thirsty now.

250ex13
10-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I'm thirsty now. Rofl

10-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Taking those words out of it doesn't change your life in any way or change your opinion. By you *****ing about it, you're about as bad as the ones *****ing to get rid of the words.

firefighterjosh
10-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Just another reason pop is bad for you:p

redlineranger
10-04-2006, 07:42 PM
drink coke... thats what i say.

matter fact im enjoying one now while a few of yall are b*tchin over a few words on a soda can LMAO:o

Pappy
10-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Seems my Budweiser can is still red white and blue:o

OzLinc
10-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Please Explain:.........what section of the comunity could that offend.

Doesnt matter where your from or religion you follow.........who doesn't have a god?

firefighterjosh
10-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Seems my Budweiser can is still red white and blue:o

LMFAO.... Damn mine is only Silver and Blue:( Dang busch.

tp300ex
10-04-2006, 07:53 PM
eghh ill stick to water

Pappy
10-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by OzLinc
Please Explain:.........what section of the comunity could that offend.

Doesnt matter where your from or religion you follow.........who doesn't have a god?

trust us...here in the states if you fart and it smells you will have those against it and those for it. people in this country just love to find something to ***** about or complain about.

i have morals and values and the words "Under God" still mean something to me. I would not buy from a company that left those words out....but thats just me.

Robin Hood
10-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Let Pepsi do what they want, if you want to ***** about it, have fun. I've been drinking water for a while now so this is no skin off my back whatsoever.

Oh about that food comment before. I'm siding with whoever thinks it's bogus. Seriously, there is no salt in my school, no candy or sugar. I want to eat whatever I want god damnit not some healthy nutra-grain crap!

Oh, the reason as to why I say this is because I exercise, and have an incredebly fast matabolism so I can pretty much eat whatever I want.. Guess my opinion is kinda biased. :p

Prey
10-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Because if they do print it they will have even more people complaining.

Welcome to 2006 kids. Political Correct America. Deal with it. Im gonna go buy some pepsi right now...

death to ralph ....... stone him :eek2: :blah:

honda350r
10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by redrider311
actually you are part wrong.. the words "Under god" were not in the original pledge..either Teddy Roosevelt or FDR put them in.. im not for sure.. but it came in between 1900-1940...the imperalism period.. TR or FDR felt it was our "Divine Internetion" and god wanted us to imperialize cuba, the phillipeans etc. etc. so thats when the words were put in ...:)

Yep and our paper money did not used to say "IN GOD WE TRUST" !!

It was added in 1957!! Go get some old paper money and shock your simple minds !!

Grant Casey
10-04-2006, 10:25 PM
pepsi is **** any way

Toadz400
10-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
trust us...here in the states if you fart and it smells you will have those against it and those for it. people in this country just love to find something to ***** about or complain about.

i have morals and values and the words "Under God" still mean something to me. I would not buy from a company that left those words out....but thats just me.

Thank you. That's all I have to say, I'm not going to get into a religious debate or any debate for that matter, it just gets tiring. I just would never purchase a product that left those words out of the Pledge of Allegiance either or support anyone that removes any connection to God from our country, it's what it was founded on.

honda350r
10-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Thank you. That's all I have to say, I'm not going to get into a religious debate or any debate for that matter, it just gets tiring. I just would never purchase a product that left those words out of the Pledge of Allegiance either or support anyone that removes any connection to God from our country, it's what it was founded on.

No, it was not founded on GOD ! http://www.nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm

Toadz400
10-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
No, it was not founded on GOD ! http://www.nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm

Wow you got that from an Atheist site, that's hard to believe. So it looks like they changed it to say that it was not founded on Christian beliefs after George Washington was President and obviously after the States were formed. That treaty is basically just trying to save the country from ever being at war with another country because of religion. The treaty was even made by a man who seems to have nothing to do with the founding of this country and one who abondoned Christianity himself. The fact that he was a French citizen at the time and "his" country was on the brink of war with France makes it seem even more unbelievable. What's even more odd is that I've been looking "Joel Barlow" up for half an hour now and have not found a single source mentioning him saying that The United States of America was not founded on God (besides the source at the bottom of the page). They just mention he signed some little treaties to release U.S. soldiers and he signed treaties with Tripoli, Algiers, and Tunis.

The reasoning for those claims just don't add up and I can't quite believe that the USA had no influence whatsoever from the religion of Christianity. I really believe that if the founding fathers were all atheists things would be a little different. Sounds like a bunch of Atheists digging up old information and slamming it together to make it sound like they have the upper hand. It's possible I guess, but until I see some solid proof I'll believe otherwise.

Rastus
10-05-2006, 03:42 PM
My thoughts on this whole thing is this:

The MAJORITY should set the standards, not the minority. You see the exact opposite happening in our society. I tolerate their beliefs and customs, and I think they should tolerate mine. If you don't like the pledge then don't say it, but atleast stand up and show some respect.

Calling us all "simple minded" doesn't speak very well for what you're trying to convey to us, even if you do think that. You know who you are. :)

I love where I live, and I'm a normal person just like anyone else. I have alot of pride in my country just like other people from other countries have pride. It makes me sad to see the country rip itself apart, and it makes the US look even more inept in world affairs.

I'm not trying to get another debate started, but picture the famous image Ben Franklin made of the U.S. colonies as a snake cut into pieces. This was true then and it still is today, we can accomplish nothing divided. :ermm:

Ghost-Rider
10-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
:ermm:

we should call them native americans because

sensitive one here

whats wrong with having things classified and healthier. Its helping you.

Calling some one fat is rude. obease or over-weight is the more polite way to address some ones physical status.

black people there African's or African Americans. again its CORRECT.

how inconsiderate some people really are.

"if you dont like it get out"

you get the **** out, power the people and the politics .

think its time for a change do something about it.

the whole nation is over-weight. so i think its a good idea drinks it!

l begin!!!:eek2:

Ewwww you make me sick !

Cr85rRida
10-05-2006, 04:05 PM
well im sorry to hear that, why did you cut out words in the quote?

i agree about the showing respect part, when the pledge comes on in school nobody even stands anymore.

What do you expect a nation full of diff. nationalities to be? united? its not as easy as one would want it to be.

But thats what makes this country so great to live in, you have freedoms, freedom of speech, freedom of reiligion ect..

think about the pledge though, are we really one nation under god??

its funny, every one has god on their side...

Why would you pledge alligence to a flag anyway?If your answer is because you have pride in your country then why dont you try and make it a better place to live in by helping out with trash or polotics or somthing.

if every one cares so much about God they would realize it is detestable to Him to pledge your alligence to anything but Him.

troutman561
10-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Its so simple to get "In God We Trust" and other things with God in them removed, or say anything about christianity anywhere in public without having people whine about it, its ridiculous... But do you have any idea how much crap we would hear if we told muslims and the other religions they cant publicly have something talking about their god in public, for example, if the money said "in allah we trust" and we wanted it removed, there would be so many riots and it would be crazy for us to think about removing something like that because if we do we are "insensetive".. but ooo if i mention jesus i almost get stoned to death by idiots because I am "imposing" my beliefs on them eventho it wasnt directed at them, i know this wasnt worded good im in a hurry but you should get what im saying and it shouldnt be like this, and it seems christianity is the only religion that ppl dont go crazy and blow stuff up when something is said against that.. but oh yea, thats because christians are not crazy extremist idiots.

wvspeedfreak
10-05-2006, 04:19 PM

if every one cares so much about God they would realize it is detestable to Him to pledge your alligence to anything but Him.

Pledging allegiance to something and worshiping it are 2 different things.

Toadz400
10-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Rastus
My thoughts on this whole thing is this:

The MAJORITY should set the standards, not the minority. You see the exact opposite happening in our society. I tolerate their beliefs and customs, and I think they should tolerate mine. If you don't like the pledge then don't say it, but atleast stand up and show some respect.

Calling us all "simple minded" doesn't speak very well for what you're trying to convey to us, even if you do think that. You know who you are. :)

I love where I live, and I'm a normal person just like anyone else. I have alot of pride in my country just like other people from other countries have pride. It makes me sad to see the country rip itself apart, and it makes the US look even more inept in world affairs.

I'm not trying to get another debate started, but picture the famous image Ben Franklin made of the U.S. colonies as a snake cut into pieces. This was true then and it still is today, we can accomplish nothing divided. :ermm:

Couldn't have said it any better.

And Cr85rRida - I think you're taking it a little too far about pledging our allegiance to the flag. We're not worshiping the flag or seeing it as our idol, thus I doubt God has a problem with it. We're just showing our support for our country and if you can't show support for this country or say the Pledge of Allegiance, you really have no business being here. It's odd how the people that complain the most about this country are the ones who are getting all the benefits of being in America.

Cr85rRida
10-05-2006, 04:33 PM
First of all, Im not the one complaing about our country, im complaing about you guys complaing.

Secondly, Who are you to say what God does and doesnt have a problem with?? Its in the bible.

What benifits are the muslims and others in this country getting that you are not?

the squeeky wheel gets the oil my friend.

edit: about the pledge it just came up, i dont think im talking it to far i was trying to prove a point.

LittleMissE
10-05-2006, 04:36 PM

I agree with you especially on the food part. It drives me completely crazy with I order some foods and have to ask for non- light crap. And going to the stores and seeing low-fat candy now that is completely dumb. Everytime I go to the store I complain about how stupid it is to make everything low-fat. Thats why there is good stuff for you like fruits and vegs that you could eat. I love fried food and eat it all the time I dont really exercise and I am not fat!!!

Ghost-Rider
10-05-2006, 04:38 PM
First of all, Im not the one complaing about our country, im complaing about you guys complaing.

Secondly, Who are you to say what God does and doesnt have a problem with?? Its in the bible.

What benifits are the muslims and others in this country getting that you are not?

the squeeky wheel gets the oil my friend.

edit: about the pledge it just came up, i dont think im talking it to far i was trying to prove a point.
^ I spy a liberal ! all your dam ploiticaly correct crap no its softball not baseball and every1 is something amercian now its just stupid poeple need to grow some balls and deal with the facts of life and how they are if you dont like our countrys religous stance good for you go back to where ever you came from.

Cr85rRida
10-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
^ I spy a liberal ! all your dam ploiticaly correct crap no its softball not baseball and every1 is something amercian now its just stupid poeple need to grow some balls and deal with the facts of life and how they are if you dont like our countrys religous stance good for you go back to where ever you came from.

:rolleyes:

Rastus
10-05-2006, 08:41 PM

Yes, it does say to have no other figures, etc. before God. This does not mean that we shouldn't pledge allegiance to our flag, pay taxes, etc.

You'll find in a few different places something that reads close to this:
'Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.'
(This was of course during the Roman time period, but it's still true today. They were asking about paying tribute and taxes, and this is what he said each time.)

Sorry, back to the topic.

And the divided part; Just because we're different doesn't automatically mean we all don't want similar things and that we can't agree on anything.

Also, I thought it was funny about the muslim comment that was made. I thought "Gee, some Danish guys can't even write some caricatures and cartoons without getting death threats and starting riots, let alone telling them they can't put Allah on things."
Maybe that was a mean comment, but it's true. :chinese:

MX450
10-05-2006, 08:46 PM
didnt really take the time to read through the 4 pages of people with different oppinions arguing:rolleyes:

but I wont be buying pepsi regardless of whats on the can, why would i buy pepsi when i can get the real thing... COKE:macho

Toadz400
10-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Yes, it does say to have no other figures, etc. before God. This does not mean that we shouldn't pledge allegiance to our flag, pay taxes, etc.

You'll find in a few different places something that reads close to this:
'Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.'
(This was of course during the Roman time period, but it's still true today. They were asking about paying tribute and taxes, and this is what he said each time.)

Thank you.

Cr85rRida you're taking it the completely wrong way. Pledging our allegiance to our country is completely different than being faithful to our god. You're proving no point besides you don't get the point. Where in The Bible does it state that everyone should be against their country, support anarchy and chaos? Because that's what you're basically saying when you can't even stand up to your own Pledge of Allegiance and try to remove parts of it because it "offends" people. Oh and I also wasn't directing the complaining part towards you. I'm directing it to all the immigrants, legal or illegal, who are getting all the benefits that they don't deserve.

You ask what benefits are the Muslims and others getting that I'm not? How about free health insurance? No taxes. No real punishment for their crimes because it's racist. Yea, I should really stop complaining. I forgot how good I really have it paying for them to take advantage of our system and pay for everything that they own, while I can't even afford to have back surgery when it's something I really need to have done. It's awfully nice being an immigrant/"minority" right now.

wilkin250r
10-06-2006, 12:01 AM
The MAJORITY should set the standards, not the minority.

No way.

It is a common misconception that we are a Democracy in the United States. That is absolutely incorrect. We are not a democracy, we are a REPUBLIC! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

In a republic, ALL individual rights are recognized, even down the the smallest minority. The majority can never infringe on the rights of the minority.

It wasn't too long ago that the majority was in favor of keeping slavery. But did we keep it? No, because it's a republic, and we recognize the individual rights of African Americans. Even though the majority was in favor, we cannot infringe on the rights of the minority.

Sad to say, there are a LOT more people on the side of the EPA than there is in the offroad community. Quite honestly, I'm glad the majority doesn't rule.

Ralph
10-06-2006, 12:22 AM
couldnt say it any better wilkin

DieselBoy
10-06-2006, 10:05 AM
this thread is heading for disaster......

krt400ex
10-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by c450Razy
DON'T BUY PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN!

Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a
new "patriotic" can coming out with pictures of the Empire State
Building , and the Pledge of Allegiance on them.

However, = Pepsi left out two words in the pledge,
"Under God."

Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone.

In that case, we don't want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate
office, either!

So if we don't buy any Pepsi product, they
will not be offended when they don't receive our money that has
the words
"In God We Trust" on it.

:D agreed 100%. i don't like pepsi as much anyway.

krt400ex
10-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by troutman561

hahahahaha, LMAO :blah:

Warlord
10-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Pepsi should have avoided this all and never changed their can in the first place. Nothing was wrong with the old one, it held liquid without any leaks.

Cr85rRida
10-06-2006, 02:47 PM
I see what your saying, but this is why its detesable to God, because back when only religous groups had flags, and pledging your allegince to false religion was wrong.

so thats where i was getting that from, because even though it isint flase religion and a country its still orginates from false religion. just like holloween, christmas,easter, all that stuff.

It dosent say that you should hate your country, but it does say you should obey God, and by pledging to the flag your dissobeying God, who would you rather please?

It does saw to obey the law, and its not against the law to not pledge, but paying your taxes is. so what should you do?

Not pledge your alligence to a peice of fabric and obey God and pay your taxes to support the counrty you live in. Pledging your alligence doesnt benifit the country at all when you think about it. I dont think im off topic, because this whole this revolves around God right?

Wilkin thank you for that info it really opens some eyes!

PismoLocal
10-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I see what your saying, but this is why its detesable to God, because back when only religous groups had flags, and pledging your allegince to false religion was wrong.

so thats where i was getting that from, because even though it isint flase religion and a country its still orginates from false religion. just like holloween, christmas,easter, all that stuff.

It dosent say that you should hate your country, but it does say you should obey God, and by pledging to the flag your dissobeying God, who would you rather please?

It does saw to obey the law, and its not against the law to not pledge, but paying your taxes is. so what should you do?

Not pledge your alligence to a peice of fabric and obey God and pay your taxes to support the counrty you live in. Pledging your alligence doesnt benifit the country at all when you think about it. I dont think im off topic, because this whole this revolves around God right?

Wilkin thank you for that info it really opens some eyes!

You are taking the bible too literally when you say that making a pledge or oath is a sin. The Pledge is like the bible its full of metaphors that are left for you to figure out for your self. Only a retard would think that the pledge of alligence is making a pledge to a peice of fabric. The flag stands for our country, The pledge is a promise to protect it and uphold the its laws.

When a man makes a vow to the LORD or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said.
(Numbers 30:2)

A pledge or oath is ok in the in the bible. As long as you you follow through with it. The "under god" in the pledge is saying you will stand united with your countrymen and protect america with god as a witness as to imply that you are making a promise in front of god. You aren't worshipping your making a verbal contract to protect the ways of your country with god as your witness basically.

krt400ex
10-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
You are taking the bible too literally when you say that making a pledge or oath is a sin. The Pledge is like the bible its full of metaphors that are left for you to figure out for your self. Only a retard would think that the pledge of alligence is making a pledge to a peice of fabric. The flag stands for our country, The pledge is a promise to protect it and uphold the its laws.

When a man makes a vow to the LORD or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said.
(Numbers 30:2)

A pledge or oath is ok in the in the bible. As long as you you follow through with it. The "under god" in the pledge is saying you will stand united with your countrymen and protect america with god as a witness as to imply that you are making a promise in front of god. You aren't worshipping your making a verbal contract to protect the ways of your country with god as your witness basically.

not true my friend. the bible is very literal. some things/alot of things r sybolic, but the bible is very literal. and it should be taken literally.

tell me then, what does the bible mean when it says:

"thou shall not commit adultury"

"thou shal not commit murder"

r those all metophors??? plz, tell me what they mean???

10-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Its your choice to buy or not buy the new pepsi, i for one dont care about the cans not having "under god" on them. I dont even say the pledge at school every morning. This country has really went to hell, we have been somehow involved in a conflict with every other large power and because of our ignorance we are now fighting over barrels of oil, while "machmud" is fighting over who god loves more....i see this as another reason for conflict

just my .02

10-06-2006, 07:18 PM
i saw this thread when there were no replies, now 5 pages, why is everyone making a big deal out of this. pepsi is wrong to take the words out, and the world is changing in a bad way, a stupid way, get used to it...

now go open a nice cold can of Coke

honda350r
10-06-2006, 07:29 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/undergod.asp

Cr85rRida
10-06-2006, 07:46 PM
actually your are pledging to a peice of fabric...

" i pledge alligence to THE FLAG of the united states" etc etc....

even though it stands for something like a country, your still pledging to the flag, why not just say " I pledge alligenc to the united states" if you were set on showing loyalty to the country?

it just dosent make sense to give your devotion to something of no value such as the flag, im not saying the U.S. I love the country i am in and im thankful for everything i own but if your really devoted to the U.S then lets physically help it with polution and economics and stuff. Do you see what im saying? i dont wanna be took the wrong way im just trying to prove a point.

Rastus
10-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
No way.

It is a common misconception that we are a Democracy in the United States. That is absolutely incorrect. We are not a democracy, we are a REPUBLIC! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

In a republic, ALL individual rights are recognized, even down the the smallest minority. The majority can never infringe on the rights of the minority.

It wasn't too long ago that the majority was in favor of keeping slavery. But did we keep it? No, because it's a republic, and we recognize the individual rights of African Americans. Even though the majority was in favor, we cannot infringe on the rights of the minority.

Sad to say, there are a LOT more people on the side of the EPA than there is in the offroad community. Quite honestly, I'm glad the majority doesn't rule.

Then what is the point of voting then, if the majority doesn't say who wins? What about a issue such as school operating levys, etc? Should an issue be passed just because 500 out of 5,000 people want it?

I understand that we shouldn't infringe on anyones rights, but why should the minority set the standards in our society? If they do, they end up offending the majority, so it's not like we're saving face by catering to the minority.

Things of this nature are very hard to decide on by yourself, let alone in a political environment. I'm just glad I'm not a politician. :)

PismoLocal
10-09-2006, 02:21 PM
actually your are pledging to a peice of fabric...

" i pledge alligence to THE FLAG of the united states" etc etc....

even though it stands for something like a country, your still pledging to the flag, why not just say " I pledge alligenc to the united states" if you were set on showing loyalty to the country?

it just dosent make sense to give your devotion to something of no value such as the flag, im not saying the U.S. I love the country i am in and im thankful for everything i own but if your really devoted to the U.S then lets physically help it with polution and economics and stuff. Do you see what im saying? i dont wanna be took the wrong way im just trying to prove a point.

Why pray to a cross then its not jesus or god its just 2 peices of wood, why do communion its not really his blood and body its cheap wine and cheaper crackers bought from a wholesale company?? You do it because its symbolic the cross represents christ its the first thing you think when you see it. The American Flag represents america thats why we say the pledge to it.

Originally posted by krt400ex not true my friend. the bible is very literal. some things/alot of things r sybolic, but the bible is very literal. and it should be taken literally.

The bible is literal in some parts and symbolic in others. If you want to open the literal vs unliteral can of worms pm me but don't argue about it on here it will start some problems. As far as what do the things you posted mean? They mean exactly what they say. You really can't use 10 words to try and prove anything about a book that has 775,000 words in it.

I saw the snopes thing, when I first read this thread I doubted pepsi would be crazy enough to put something like that on there can wether they kept the under god or not they would have pissed off a lot of people.

Cr85rRida
10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
if you read the bible it dosent say jesuse died on a cross he died on a stake (one large peice of wood)

your not supposed to pray to "the cross" any way. your supposed to pray to almighty God and ask it threw jesuse name.

It dosent say to do communion in the bible idk where the catholic church came up with that.

you shouldnt even be baptised as an infint when you have no idea what your doing, after all when your getting baptised your dedicating your life to God.

see how its all messed up??

all this over a pepsi rumor thats not even true!!!!!!!!

Rastus
10-09-2006, 08:16 PM
lol, I know. I believe it's pretty well an open debate now.

Although to reply to your post, in the bible it does tell us to take communion. It's pretty well the basis of the last supper.
I do, however, agree with you on the baptism part.

To think this thread started talking about pop/soda. :p

10-09-2006, 10:22 PM
if you read the bible it dosent say jesuse died on a cross he died on a stake (one large peice of wood)

your not supposed to pray to "the cross" any way. your supposed to pray to almighty God and ask it threw jesuse name.

It dosent say to do communion in the bible idk where the catholic church came up with that.

you shouldnt even be baptised as an infint when you have no idea what your doing, after all when your getting baptised your dedicating your life to God.

see how its all messed up??

all this over a pepsi rumor thats not even true!!!!!!!!

The communion is suppose to represent the body of Christ, and the wine represents the blood of Christ. And in the Bible, it says to only have one God (along those lines). Last time I checked, people don't consider their country as their God. The flag represents the country and all it stands for. By no mean are people trying to make America a religion with Bush as it's God.

I-7
10-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
i saw this thread when there were no replies, now 5 pages, why is everyone making a big deal out of this. pepsi is wrong to take the words out, and the world is changing in a bad way, a stupid way, get used to it...

now go open a nice cold can of Coke

There is a difference between opinion and fact you know right? People are too quick to think the world they live in is bad. You are aware that the world has been in a lot worse of a state then it is in now. Change is inevitable. Its going to happen. You just have to live with it.

Its the Jews fault.... damn jews.

bwamos
10-10-2006, 06:38 AM
Then what is the point of voting then, if the majority doesn't say who wins? What about a issue such as school operating levys, etc? Should an issue be passed just because 500 out of 5,000 people want it?

I understand that we shouldn't infringe on anyones rights, but why should the minority set the standards in our society? If they do, they end up offending the majority, so it's not like we're saving face by catering to the minority.

Things of this nature are very hard to decide on by yourself, let alone in a political environment. I'm just glad I'm not a politician. :)

We are a "representative republic". Our voting decides who votes for us.

However there are some local & county level voting that would be considered "democratic" in nature where majority rules.

But where the federal and state governments are involved it is a representative process.

You vote to decide who votes for you. Aka.. senate and the house of representatives.

krt400ex
10-10-2006, 08:09 AM

BS!!!! the bible clearly states that jesus died on a cross. in some other verses it says that he died on the "tree". that is where the symbolizim comes in. it was a cross. how could someone hang off a stake anyway??!?!?!?! it would have to be more like a plank, and even still that is not too feasable.

Rastus
10-10-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
We are a "representative republic". Our voting decides who votes for us.

However there are some local & county level voting that would be considered "democratic" in nature where majority rules.

But where the federal and state governments are involved it is a representative process.

You vote to decide who votes for you. Aka.. senate and the house of representatives.

I know this already, and it's technically called a representative democracy. Either way it's still correct. :)

TGW_400ex
10-10-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm so suprised this isn't closed! Probably because its so touchy that mods would get a bad rap.

PismoLocal
10-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Nobody has broken any rules yet. So far this has been a nice clean discussion about Politics and Religion, the two worst subjects to talk about.

Cr85rRida
10-10-2006, 02:25 PM
He wasent on it with his arms spread out like you think

it was like this
http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/Jesus_on_a_Torture_Stake__2_.jpg

atvhottie2915
10-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Pepsi rocks.... Who cares if they did that get over it... If you don't like it then go move to a different country...geezzz

krt400ex
10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
He wasent on it with his arms spread out like you think

it was like this
http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/Jesus_on_a_Torture_Stake__2_.jpg

"Roman crucifixion was a particularly severe execution. The cross, the instrument of execution, consisted of two beams of wood called the stipes and the patibulum. The stipes was the upright beam which remained implanted in the ground at the place of execution. The patibulum or crossbeam was carried across the shoulders of the prisoner to the execution site. This crossbeam generally weighed approximately 110 pounds" quoted from...
roman crucificxion (http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/roman-crucifixion-faq.htm)

Jesus was crucified by the romans. therefore it was a roman crucifixion. that would mean that he died on a cross like this...

Warnerade
10-10-2006, 02:56 PM
this whole topic is just a waste of time. Pepsi covered their *** becuase if they didnt they would piss off enough people and get their asses sued. Get over it...this new can will not change the taste...people will still buy it.

DieselBoy
10-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
this whole topic is just a waste of time. Pepsi covered their *** becuase if they didnt they would piss off enough people and get their asses sued. Get over it...this new can will not change the taste...people will still buy it.

i'll have to agree. they dont want to piss anyone off... so they did what they did.

DieselBoy
10-10-2006, 03:19 PM
it's just like the article in the newspaper a long time ago... immigrants were OFFENDED by "Merry Christmas", so now they say "Happy Holidays". I don't AT ALL agree with it, and it pisses me off, but there's nothing i can do about it.