PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Revbox, worth it?

billawright
10-04-2006, 12:19 PM
I was looking at these on ebay and I was wondering if they are worth getting? How hard is it to get one to work or is it just one of those you plug it in and thats it? kind of deal. :ermm:

81 clark racing
10-04-2006, 12:41 PM
well they all plug in but some are adj. and those are expensive however it raises ur revlimit and rpms. better throttle response and u will have a higher rev point. just dont buy wb ( whitebrothers). if i didnt have the timeing key in the motor id be runing my dynatek

10-04-2006, 01:11 PM
waste of $$$

think of it this way, how often are you actually on your rev limiter and still pulling? never...and the starting issues with the wb and their "clones"...not worth it at all, but i say this after killing 2 batteries because of a wb rev kit

F-16Guy
10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Not worth it, IMO. As stated above, 99% of 400ex engines sign off before the stock limiter, and the difference in the curve is minimal. The problem with the WB box is that it's actually an XR250 bike CDI. It has an "anti-kickback" circuit that kills the spark below a certain RPM so when you're kicking the bike over slowly, the kickstarter doesn't smack you in the leg. If you have the box on a modded 400ex, the starter motor has a hard time turning the engine over fast enough to overcome the "anti-kickback" circuit, hence the hard starting.

400ex124
10-04-2006, 02:20 PM
i have a modded 440 and i put a big gun unlimited cdi on mine, does wonders, you never hit the rev limiter AT ALL. its impossible to. but you cant tell it help until you lay into it or just take off. it also helps drag racing. but if your just riden trails or sumthin it aint worth it.