PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Thoughts And Idea

(815) REDDEVIL
10-04-2006, 10:42 AM
NEED YOUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS ON A NOS SYTEM FOR 465EX.

IM THINKING OF PUTTING A DRY NOS BETWEEN AIR FILTER AND CARB IN A 2 STAGE MANOR. 2 SMALL RIVET SIZE INLETS TIGHTLY SEALED INTO EACH SIDE THE AIR BOOT.

IM NO NOTHING MUCH ABOUT NOS AND THATS WHY IM HERE.

(815) REDDEVIL
10-04-2006, 10:44 AM
WHOOPS

WHAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR THE BIKE SMALL CARTRIDGES OR A BOTLLE.

ANY CHEAP HOME MADE NOS IDEAS NEEDED

81 clark racing
10-04-2006, 12:47 PM
i have no idea but that would b insane!!! what are you toping out at now? that thing must fly. any pics of your quad

(815) REDDEVIL
10-04-2006, 05:29 PM
my 440ex is a fast and very torquey. id say itll do 70ish or better.

i can beat 125s and keep up with 250s
i also have a 94 rm 250 which is quick but the quads hangs till 4th and 5th

ive never been clocked so no real numbers. maybe some day though

4wheelers are easy to get use to the power and thats why i want 465cc with nos and complete stroker kit includinmg 1mm over valves w/ stage 3 cam. shaved head and more extreme port work & possibly a timing advance will all be added.

im intereseted in the boon dockers but i think thatll burn it up. i want a cheap yet effective nos that isnt overkill on the engine and only cost me 100 bucks including the bottles or cartridge of nos.

i have a slick idea on the set up but getting it to have electric solenoid/pump at my that price is trickie. this where i need ideas.

edelbrock has a 17 dollar electronic fuel pump for chevy about the size of an injector. my problem is knowing if the pump will hold the pressure of the nos without leaking through.

the activator will be "pedal to the medal" connection in the thumb throttle housing. a simple screw like a bycycle hand break stop screw will be used to keep the nos from activating.

when im gonna be using the nos open the valve and back out the screw so the throttle can make its connection.

any ideas to improve or save cost needed

gearhart.29
10-04-2006, 06:52 PM
well i've never done this on a quad but on a car you retard the timing when running nos also run a few heat ranges colder on your plugs. its basically cramming more oxygen into the cylinders since its n2o which is 33% oxygen compared to the atmoshere which is around 26% or 23% i think cant remember which. but it increases the risk of detonation. some cars have a jet drilled and tapped into the manifold but the system is fired when the throttle blades come all the way open and complete an electrical circut. you want it to fire at wide open throttle though so maybe you can take and electric bottle opener and mount a switch on the bars you manually fire at wide open. i cant help on which size jet to run or timing though need to find someone smarter than me for that.

gearhart.29
10-05-2006, 06:31 AM
the bottle have a lot of pressure on them too so it flows a lot of gas in a short time. you could look on ebay for someones used kit. would probably be easier to use not to mention safer.

(815) REDDEVIL
10-05-2006, 04:03 PM
1st off im far from retatrded.now the thought of nos on a quad maybe retarded.

2nd off i dont need help on how to fire at full throttle i have a problem with how to get the nos to be shot out of the bottle/cartridge into my system i have have in mind.

as far as a bottle goes i can beleive it shoots to much or should i say way more that is why i questioned botlle for the reasons of killing my motor

i want a small but very effective dose of nos when i back out my activator screw and open the bottle/cartridge

gearhart.29
10-05-2006, 06:22 PM
i didnt mean that you were retarded i meant that you need to retard the timing to keep it from detonating and burning up the motor. sorry about the misunderstanding. they have things you can put in the fuel too to get a little nitro.

NY06400EX
10-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry but the whole "retarted" (mentally) and "retard" timing confusion was hilarious. No disrespect to anyone I just couldn't help but to bust out laughing while reading this thread.

Rancher2005
10-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by gearhart.29
well i've never done this on a quad but on a car you retard the timing when running nos also run a few heat ranges colder on your plugs. its basically cramming more oxygen into the cylinders since its n2o which is 33% oxygen compared to the atmoshere which is around 26% or 23% i think cant remember which. but it increases the risk of detonation. some cars have a jet drilled and tapped into the manifold but the system is fired when the throttle blades come all the way open and complete an electrical circut. you want it to fire at wide open throttle though so maybe you can take and electric bottle opener and mount a switch on the bars you manually fire at wide open. i cant help on which size jet to run or timing though need to find someone smarter than me for that.

:rolleyes:

haha ..retard the timing