PDA

View Full Version : HMF vs Sparks full system

400exBro
10-04-2006, 10:20 AM
I have not found a solid answer for this, but does anyone have proof on which exhaust is actually better for the lt450?

Also do you know if you have to get the pim to remap the engine for a new exhaust?

right now we just have the cherry bomb and the air box lid off and the end cap off of the exhaust, and we are looking to get a bit more torque off the bottom end.

any help would be greatly appericated

quadracer3
10-04-2006, 08:02 PM
they say the cherry bomb is fine with most pipes but im wondering about the curtis myself.?

400exBro
10-05-2006, 10:12 AM
ok, that is what i keep hearing as well (cherry bomb)

I will probably end up going with the sparks, i have been very happy with it on my 450r, Sparks makes good stuff. so does HMF:confused:

baker58
10-09-2006, 09:43 PM
atv rider just came out with a comparrison this month read it. it may shock you!

baubl
10-10-2006, 08:42 AM
we've tried everything from yosh on, but found fat boy is quite and less restrictive, we use the cherry all that does is dcalif the quad, have tried trinity, one other and vortex found vortex seems to work the best, more info contact Lenny at Duncan Racing, say bob and drew sent u. Doug just ride an ltr for the first time, did well except for wadding up
bobl

bwamos
10-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by baker58
atv rider just came out with a comparrison this month read it. it may shock you!

I generally don't like their comparisons.

Usually they tune/jet for a specific pipe.. then jsut change out the pipes without rejetting.

If the a/f mixture isn't tuned specificaly for each pipe, the comparison is worthless.

400exBro
10-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Yes that comparison shows nothing, why do i want to look at speeds??
Speeds relay on gearing and tire size, how does that show how well a pipe performed if it is limited by gearing?

I am more intersted in the torque curve because that gives you the acceleration off the line and out of corners!!! and that is what is really important for me.

I ordered the sparks full system and should have it this week. I have been told that the cherry bomb is fine, but i think that i will have to get the pim to fine tune out any lean spots.

I will let you guys know how i like the sparks and if it was worth the extra money over the stock pipe with out the pea shooter