PDA

View Full Version : 06 250ex with sport clutch

jrafter
10-04-2006, 08:59 AM
need to know if there is a mod to get it to start in any gear.

klutchbuster250
10-04-2006, 12:28 PM
i have a 06 250ex and it kinda piss me off sometimes going all the way to neutrual to start, but i think if u get a completly brand new cluch kit i think it would make it a normal manual so that means no more sport cluch.im not sure so dont go on what i say wait for more replys

400eXr1d3rZ
10-04-2006, 05:52 PM
They should have a mod that will make your quad manual. If they have mods that make it automatic (rekluse) they should make a manuel one.

melloyello
10-04-2006, 05:53 PM
You should be able to ground the wire that goes to the neutral sensor. It should start in gear but your neutral light will be on all the time since the sensor is always grounded. I can't remember what color the wire is but it is at the rear of the engine. You figure it out.
Let me just say that I am not saying this is a good idea. If anyone else was to drive the unit you might have a problem on your hands. Say they think it is in neutral and they are standing beside it and try to start it. What happens if they get run over? They will blame you. Lawsuit?

450rJam
10-05-2006, 06:47 PM
just make a habit out of putting it into neutral before you shut it off.
use the park break if your on a slope.

jrafter
10-05-2006, 07:22 PM
i was wondering if i could get rid of the sport and make it a real clutch.

melloyello
10-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by jrafter
i was wondering if i could get rid of the sport and make it a real clutch.

If you can figure out a way to lock the centrifugal clutch engaged all the time it would be a full manual. I really don't think it would be that hard to make something as long as you can weld.
Sounds like you need to trade it on a 300ex.

jrafter
10-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by melloyello
If you can figure out a way to lock the centrifugal clutch engaged all the time it would be a full manual. I really don't think it would be that hard to make something as long as you can weld.
Sounds like you need to trade it on a 300ex.

Have you seen the 07 300ex......nice

i doubt if i will do anything to the 250ex....my daughter would kill me.