First Car, from new mexico, very clean
Only 500 of these cars were produced...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/yamablastermx/MustangLXCoupe5-1.jpg

coolguy8769
10-04-2006, 07:07 AM
niice man, i'm gettin my fox body in novemeber! i cant wait

ilpadrino113
10-04-2006, 07:27 AM
those are cool cars and are wicked fast with a little work if you got the 5 speed or a built tranny

ieatglue
10-04-2006, 10:33 AM
used to have a fox body but now im stuck with this

NacsMXer
10-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Nice notch man. That's a very unique color, is it factory? I like the cobra rims too, they compliment the car nicely.

jlhughes750
10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
we called em notchbacks........i had a white one...looked like a state trooper car.......3:73's, cowl hood, skinnys and street legal slicks on Welds!!!!! that was a fun car.......best part was I towed a small trailer to the races with the quad on it.. man that was years ago!!

coolguy8769
10-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
we called em notchbacks........i had a white one...looked like a state trooper car.......3:73's, cowl hood, skinnys and street legal slicks on Welds!!!!! that was a fun car.......best part was I towed a small trailer to the races with the quad on it.. man that was years ago!!

it look like this? '93 white notch (http://www.autosbychoice.net/windowsticker.php?PIC=21389T3B.jpg&UniqueID=413870)

i want this car but its an auto, this car is soo clean lookin but i need a manual and the stall speed is to high for a street car

yamablaster24
10-04-2006, 12:47 PM
5-speed which is rebuilt and yes this thing is fast and light as hell!

CaptainCanuck
10-04-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm a huge Mustang fan but no offence, I dislike that style. Congrats on the new car though.

Stevie-D
10-04-2006, 12:59 PM
theres a nice foxbody for sale a few miles from my house..i actually thought about stopping at the shop and seeing what the guys wants for it. then i remembered that although its a nice fox body, its still a ford:devil:

no offense to you ford guys. i've had bad experiences with ford products and avoid them like the plague. i know that if i did buy a ford the first thing i would do would be to switch over to all msd ignition. in my experiences, the factory ford wiring/ ignition is a nightmare to work on and repair

coolguy8769
10-04-2006, 01:06 PM
did u buy it threw a distributer?? from mexico?

i'm have a hard time findin any good notchbacks here in VA

Ghost-Rider
10-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
theres a nice foxbody for sale a few miles from my house..i actually thought about stopping at the shop and seeing what the guys wants for it. then i remembered that although its a nice fox body, its still a ford:devil:

no offense to you ford guys. i've had bad experiences with ford products and avoid them like the plague. i know that if i did buy a ford the first thing i would do would be to switch over to all msd ignition. in my experiences, the factory ford wiring/ ignition is a nightmare to work on and repair My dad works for fords he has always had no trouble with the wireing on any of our cars although he was a electricion on the jets in the nazy and so ya that might help..... and the engine on my moms ram blew .... wasnt old or anything at all....but dodge is better then chevy for sure !

Nice Stang

Stevie-D
10-04-2006, 07:11 PM
My dad works for fords he has always had no trouble with the wireing on any of our cars although he was a electricion on the jets in the nazy and so ya that might help..... and the engine on my moms ram blew .... wasnt old or anything at all....but dodge is better then chevy for sure !

i've come to like the chrysler vehicles, i've owned 2 of them. the first truck had a very strong drivetrain, except for the mysterious exploding transfer case:huh
second dodge (current vehicle) is on the 3rd rebuilt tranny and second motor. lmao...thats what happens when old stock parts get beat on.

can't really say that the dodges are a better vehicle than say a ford..personal preference is all it comes down to...

as for the motors go, i learned how to work on the them using dodge products. i'm just starting to get into the chevy's. the only thing i like more about the chevy motors is the fact that parts are more readily available and often cheaper. the gm trannys seem to be bulletproof from what i've seen. we run them in the demo derbys, and they will hold up night after night, where the chrysler 727's will blow. my ideal setup would be a well-built 318 mated to a turbo 400. i actually found a company that makes an adapter plate to make it work. :devil:

lol..sorry to steal your thread bud:blah:

Pappy
10-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I am a 5.0 man from way back.

This was probably in 1992 ...my daily driver

10-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I am a 5.0 man from way back.

This was probably in 1992 ...my daily driver

They had cars back then? :eek:

I kid. But my friend has a Dodge 1500, and the only problem that he has had with it (besides my fat *** or front as I should say) is the tires. Then again...he also got his tires out of a junkyard, he did update lately though. Nothing is bad with the motor or tranny, just the front is messed up from being totalled the first time.

eastside 400
10-04-2006, 08:09 PM
yamablaster whats done to the motor on yours, i got mine back in august, mine has 3.73's, world products windsor Jr. heads, motorsport F cam, Cold air, long tubes into full mac exhaust with H pipe, just put a MSD 6AL on, edelbrock performer intake, accufab 70mm throttle body, bigger MAF, i think thats about it for now, hopefully gonna build a 331 in the next year or so...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/eastside400/resize2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/eastside400/resize.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/eastside400/resize1.jpg

10-04-2006, 08:14 PM
say what?

10-04-2006, 08:16 PM
the motor in that bad boy

10-04-2006, 08:16 PM
some more

coolguy8769
10-04-2006, 09:46 PM
If anyone knows of a good notch around VA, MD, WV, Southern PA can you let me know!?! , i really need help on this cause i have been sh*t out of luck lately

Architects
10-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Ahhh that memories. My first car was a 92 5.0 Fox. Even though it was stock besides headers and exhaust I had a blast. It did get me in a lot of trouble though:devil:

Mxjunkie
10-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I've never been a fan of ford but I really like the 5.0 stangs :cool:

sportraxkid
10-05-2006, 03:34 PM
I got a 1989 5.0 GT hatchback with ford motorsports cam, Port & polished Gt40 head's, MSD ignition, Bigger throttle body,MAF,and injectors, JBA shorty headers, X pipe with no cats and magnaflows, Functional Ram air hood, K&N, Aluminum driveshaft, Tremec 5 speed, King cobra clutch, 3.73 gears with Locker. Cobra R wheels, 5 lug conversion, Line Lock, Rear disk brake conversion with 6 piston Baer caliper's and 13" rotor's. My bro has a 88 ex-cop notchback with the ssp package with never ending mods.
Here is a pic of my 89

10-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
I got a 1989 5.0 GT hatchback with ford motorsports cam, Port & polished Gt40 head's, MSD ignition, Bigger throttle body,MAF,and injectors, JBA shorty headers, X pipe with no cats and magnaflows, Functional Ram air hood, K&N, Aluminum driveshaft, Tremec 5 speed, King cobra clutch, 3.73 gears with Locker. Cobra R wheels, 5 lug conversion, Line Lock, Rear disk brake conversion with 6 piston Baer caliper's and 13" rotor's. My bro has a 88 ex-cop notchback with the ssp package with never ending mods.
Here is a pic of my 89

:eek: NICE