PDA

View Full Version : Front Sand Tires?

rooster300ex
10-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Does anybody know if lil sahara rents front sand tires? I know they rent rear.

tar
10-04-2006, 02:23 PM
I am sure they would.

rooster300ex
10-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Yea you would think if they have rear rentals then they would have front.

rooster300ex
10-05-2006, 09:33 PM
bump

CannondaleRider
10-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Why even worry about fronts?

They will lower rolling resistance a bit, and MAYBE corner better....But I wouldn't worry about renting fronts, just to save money

Personally, I wouldn't worry about renting rears. I've ran dunes on Razr 2's all around without issues...he!!, i'm racing in 2 weeks on the dunes with normal tires, Pismo Beach

Then again...you may not have the same power to run on normal tires...or it may be a different sand then Glamis or Pismo

wilkin250r
10-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Honestly, having ridden sand many times, I would say rear paddles are definitely worth renting.

Fronts are NOT worth renting, unless you are one of those people that just has too much money on your hands. Even if they were only $5, that money could still be spent someplace better than front paddles.

You go to the dunes, and 97% of the people there have rear paddles. But only about 10% have both rear and front. Everybody else is just running stock fronts.

CannondaleRider
10-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Honestly, having ridden sand many times, I would say rear paddles are definitely worth renting.

In my mind its a "It would be nice" kind of thing.

If you have the extra money, sure, why not, you'll have more traction of course.

BUT, if your "poor boying" it, and skimming for the money to go, I wouldn't bother. Use the extra money for something that MAY come up on the way home. Or just save it....

I've rode Glamis sand many times on Razr 2's alone, and never had issues....the one thing I didn't even try going up was China Wall. Because I doubted the Razrs would make it......I'd rather have some extra coin in my pocket then to be able to make it up EVERY dune

rooster300ex
10-06-2006, 09:14 PM
My dads stock 300ex tires are real light and will give me some ground clearance in the deep dry sand at lil sahara. My front fast trekkers dig into the sand bad. As soon as I let off the gas my frotend starts diving into the sand. My dads stock front tires don't do that. I'm gonna run my dads stock 300ex tires, and my sisters stock front 400ex tires. I'm gonna drop a tooth with the 22's.

wilkin250r
10-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
My front fast trekkers dig into the sand bad. As soon as I let off the gas my frotend starts diving into the sand.

Lower the air pressure.

rooster300ex
10-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Lower the air pressure.

I've tried that. They still dug into the sand bad. I'm gonna mess with some different air pressures when I go back.

DirtDevilBT
10-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider

I've rode Glamis sand many times on Razr 2's alone, and never had issues....the one thing I didn't even try going up was China Wall. Because I doubted the Razrs would make it......I'd rather have some extra coin in my pocket then to be able to make it up EVERY dune

That's cool, but try not to talk a guy out of getting rears. I have razr II's as well, and they are heavy, I wouldn't want to run them, I've had better luck with my stockers. I've run without front for some time now, but because I am going so often now, I've got fronts in the mail. There is such a huge difference in traction with rear paddles. You can go everywhere and not have to worry about going up a hill slowly, or getting stuck on a crest by stopping your mommentum to talk to friends. Just saying, I know racers at Pismo use dirt tires cause paddles are too aggresive to turn. I also know Pismo doesn't have the large hills Glamis does. Again, not looking to open up a big ordeal, just wanted to make sure people understand that rear's can make your experience 10 times better, even if you're only going once. Get the paddles (rears) and don't look back. Fronts aren't neccessary. Peace lol:D