PDA

View Full Version : 01 660 carb problems

zcookie49
10-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I have an 01 raptor 660 and am having carb problems. I initially had problems with the carb and cleaned it out (thought maybe some dirt in carb). Also the throttle spring on carb was hanging up so oiled that up well. Put the carb back on bike.
Bike started and was fine. 10 mins later I walked out to the garage and there was gas over the floor. I left the fuel at the on position and gas was coming out of the float drain. It would start to flow then stop. I tried tightening the screw, no dice. Bike ran like total crap and then wouldnt run, battery died from starting. Charged up battery. I then noticed gas had been leaking from my header pipe. So I figured gas must be pumping in so I decided to tear back apart. Then noticed gas in the air box (maybe got in there when I was pulling the raptor out of the garage since it wouldnt start). ... Somehow gas is pumping in the carbs, mustve filled up so much that it was going out the overflow tube to the bottom of the carb bowl... Floats seem to be working fine, not sticking while I have it apart....
I need any help or advice I can get . Please. Thanks...

firefighterjosh
10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Take your carbs off (float bowl in tact) and shake them. Can you here the floats bouncing up and down? My banshee did that and I had to buy new floats cuz I accedently bent them when I was re-installing the float bowl:eek: and they would get hung up on the side of the bowl.

ram3500
10-07-2006, 08:10 AM
I had the exact same problem when i tore my carbs apart. What fixed mine was replacing the o-ring around the float needle seat. The o-ring was flattened and brittle and was letting fuel into the bowl and flowing all over the place. Cheap fix. Good luck

pimpin ant easy
10-08-2006, 09:28 PM
hey ive been having simmaler problems with my 01,....the main problem is that when i bought it used the choke dident work....(i live in florida, no big deal) then after some guy wrecked it and refused to pay for it i am rebuilding and must of pulled on the choke cable when wrecked and made it stick open, i took my carbs of thinking i could fix it some how i managed to rip the whole cable outa the carb, and i hate to say it...but i have no idea how the choke works in it....all there is is sliders, and butterflys ....some ones gotta help me out cuz i hate carbs, and no not understand how the hell the raptors carbs work... please help me out if u can, thanks matt