PDA

View Full Version : super hot rod lawn mower

xtremefullbore
10-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Ok, so me and my freinds are sittin in ag power 1 and we all think hey lets make a Cub Lowboy fast.. this is a perfect idea, my dad sells lawn mowers and has a manual cub lowboy.. so i get it and bring it on and so far, its got a new Kohler 31 hp engine, switched the engine belt, switched pulleys, put paddle tires and custom Hiper wheels, new barnett clutch, dual exhuast from engine to the back of lawn mower, with dual echo tips (109 db's), flywheel, bored over the engine +16 hp, high ratio pistons, red/silver paint job, heavy duty axle, wheel spacers.. ive invested around 4,000 $$.... if u remember i sold my very nice 2004 Honda 400ex about 5 months ago for around 4,900$... oh i didnt mention my lawn mower specs.. over 55 hp... and clocked at 57 mph, on a flat ashpalt straight stretch... anyways Im takin it on my first ride.. at St. Joe and Im beginning to realize.. (no suspension) what will i do.. everywhere u go 57 MPH is bumpy and with no suspension..it wont be too fun.. Im wondering is there any possible way to put suspension on a lawn mower.. ??? and what will i have to do and what will cost be.. this lawn mower is scary fast.. im looking into buyin nitrus for it.. and enter competitions.. it will drowned out a group of atv's with its noise.. not even a heavy modded banshee can compare in noise... but anyways I need to know about the suspension, becuase im kind of dissapointed i didnt think of this earlier..???

Architects
10-03-2006, 09:24 PM
pics or shens:macho

xtremefullbore
10-03-2006, 09:26 PM
no sorry no pics.. will have soon once it gets outta the shop right now the engine is out.. but I REALLY need to know my suspension question>...... plz help!!

firefighterjosh
10-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Not sure what one looks like. But I have a lawn more at home and want to mess around with it. What about taking the axles off and putting some kind of leaf springs under them? Like a strait axle truck???

Prally won't work just a idea

Aceman
10-03-2006, 10:28 PM
So let me get this straight.....you sold an ATV to buy a lawnmower and then turn that into an all terrain vehicle? And it doesn't have suspension? I think you just took a step backwards.

10-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
So let me get this straight.....you sold an ATV to buy a lawnmower and then turn that into an all terrain vehicle? And it doesn't have suspension? I think you just took a step backwards.

exactly....your an idiot:rolleyes:

insaneracin2003
10-04-2006, 10:39 AM

wishmasstir
10-04-2006, 11:10 AM
i would find an old ez-go golf cart and see if you can convert your tractor to take on the components, just weld on some brackets

250R-Dee
10-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by xtremefullbore
Ok, so me and my freinds are sittin in ag power 1 and we all think hey lets make a Cub Lowboy fast.. this is a perfect idea, my dad sells lawn mowers and has a manual cub lowboy.. so i get it and bring it on and so far, its got a new Kohler 31 hp engine, switched the engine belt, switched pulleys, put paddle tires and custom Hiper wheels, new barnett clutch, dual exhuast from engine to the back of lawn mower, with dual echo tips (109 db's), flywheel, bored over the engine +16 hp, high ratio pistons, red/silver paint job, heavy duty axle, wheel spacers.. ive invested around 4,000 $$.... if u remember i sold my very nice 2004 Honda 400ex about 5 months ago for around 4,900$... oh i didnt mention my lawn mower specs.. over 55 hp... and clocked at 57 mph, on a flat ashpalt straight stretch... anyways Im takin it on my first ride.. at St. Joe and Im beginning to realize.. (no suspension) what will i do.. everywhere u go 57 MPH is bumpy and with no suspension..it wont be too fun.. Im wondering is there any possible way to put suspension on a lawn mower.. ??? and what will i have to do and what will cost be.. this lawn mower is scary fast.. im looking into buyin nitrus for it.. and enter competitions.. it will drowned out a group of atv's with its noise.. not even a heavy modded banshee can compare in noise... but anyways I need to know about the suspension, becuase im kind of dissapointed i didnt think of this earlier..???

That post is sooooo wrong!!:rolleyes:
57mph with paddles on asphalt
+16hp by boring - Was that a 100mm bore up?
Your mods would not produce 55+hp from a 31hp motor

Put the crack pipe down and get some rehab!!!:scary:

Mxjunkie
10-04-2006, 12:37 PM
55 horse sounds a BIT much :scary:

insaneracin2003
10-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
55 horse sounds a BIT much :scary:
shoot,my weedwacker is pushing 40hp on race fuel with the pink powerband:blah:

Titanium
10-04-2006, 12:48 PM
my old racing lawn mower only had prolly 16 horse and it would do around 53:o :p . i had a 8 inch pulley on the motor and a 2 inch on the tranny. it was so slow off the line that you would have to rev it up and dump the clutch jus to get it going.

Ghost-Rider
10-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
That post is sooooo wrong!!:rolleyes:
57mph with paddles on asphalt
+16hp by boring - Was that a 100mm bore up?
Your mods would not produce 55+hp from a 31hp motor

Put the crack pipe down and get some rehab!!!:scary:

I was thinkin something along this line....... my quad can do a lil over 50 and i know it dont even have 50+ HP and yea those paddles would be toast ...dont try to lie to us were not stupid

killen them all
10-04-2006, 05:21 PM
lmao dude over 55hp and how was that ride with paddles going down the asphalt lol dumb *****$$$$.. seem like after that ride you would of thought about not have shocks

xtremefullbore
10-04-2006, 10:03 PM
first off.. 55+ hp... is not too hard to believe... I said I bought a 31 hp Kohler engine, +16 hp overhaul kit, thats 45 horse right there.. then little things such as switching pulleys and engine belts.... you guys think quads are the fastest thing out there.. there are lawn mowers that can beat 400ex's if ya dont believe me go to www.g-team.com ... they have a 3 dale erhnhardt 3 lawn mower that goes up to 79 mph.. I could care less if you dont believe I have a 57 mph lawn mower.. and i had the stock tires on when I did the asphlat run.... but FYI.. atv's arent the fastest thing out there... AND I THOUGHT DIRTBIKERS WERE BAD.. WOW.. get a life...

Toadz400
10-05-2006, 01:29 AM
first off.. 55+ hp... is not too hard to believe... I said I bought a 31 hp Kohler engine, +16 hp overhaul kit, thats 45 horse right there.. then little things such as switching pulleys and engine belts.... you guys think quads are the fastest thing out there.. there are lawn mowers that can beat 400ex's if ya dont believe me go to www.g-team.com ... they have a 3 dale erhnhardt 3 lawn mower that goes up to 79 mph.. I could care less if you dont believe I have a 57 mph lawn mower.. and i had the stock tires on when I did the asphlat run.... but FYI.. atv's arent the fastest thing out there... AND I THOUGHT DIRTBIKERS WERE BAD.. WOW.. get a life...

You suck.

Haha, jk. But seriously. Nah, jk. But seriously, why are you freaking out? Prove us all wrong with some pics, dyno sheets, and videos of you dragging this little hot rod. Seriously, I want to see this.

firefighterjosh
10-05-2006, 01:36 AM

I clicked on the site and it took me to chinese writing?:confused: :huh

Toadz400
10-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I clicked on the site and it took me to chinese writing?:confused: :huh

They do have an 'English Version' to the right of the page.

What is this page supposed to prove anyway xtremefullbore?

G-Team , established in Taipei since 1976 , is specialized in the business of exports and imports on industrial abrasives and hardware.

G-Team is mainly dealing with the following business items:
# Coated Abrasives
# Non-woven Abrasives
# Portable Pneumatic Tools and Power Tools
# Hardware and Accessories for the above relative products
# Fan and Blower
# Products for automobile repairing & refinishing service

Are you saying you used their power tools and abrasives to achieve 55+ hp out of a lawnmower? :confused: I'm so confused...

Architects
10-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Like I said pics or shens. Not to mention I think you wasted a ton of money to have a lawn mower that does 53. But hey whatever floats your boat right?

killen them all
10-05-2006, 05:09 PM

fyi no one said that quads are the fastest thing out there we are just saying that you are a dumbmother****er for putting all the money in a lawn mower and then trying to make it in to a atv when you had a atv be4 this. if you would of put as much money in you g a y mower as you did you 400ex you would have 1 bad 400

Ghost-Rider
10-05-2006, 05:17 PM
WOW.. get a life...
Our life is quads...your the idiot who frogot suspension how could you froget that idiot your so full of crap its not funny....

EX lvr
10-05-2006, 05:26 PM
well you convinced me, im sellin all my quad stuff and building a lawnmower.

jk :D if ur stupid enough to spend money on lawnmower fine, but lets see that thing hit a few jumps without suspenion, or take it through the woods once and see how it does. btw how do you stop it? 57mph with shi**y brakes...... smart

Ghost-Rider
10-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by EX lvr

how do you stop it? 57mph

Wow man good thing you said that ! i bet he frogot that man thank god you said that man cause i tell ya ....now how could he get brakes for it hmmm

troutman561
10-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I think he just puts his foot down on the ground when he wants to stop... seems like that would make sense to him.

Toadz400
10-05-2006, 10:25 PM
You guys are sinking down to his level ripping on him like that. Let him try and prove himself by posting up some pics. That website that he told us to go to was useless as it had NOTHING to do with lawnmowers or lawnmower racing.

xtremefullbore, get some pics up of this machine.

LTZ400rider
10-05-2006, 11:20 PM
lets not get this thread shut down by bashing him, i think a lawn mower would be pretty cool, i dont think im do 50 in the woods. maybe u can drag race or something or just mess around the neighborhood. lets see them pipes by the way.

Rdhanded2
10-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Where I grew up, lawnmower racing and go-kart racing were the big things. My friend and I were the only ones with quads, and the other guys talked down to us like you are doing to him. If he wants to spend his $ on a mower then let him. If he wants to spend it on needles and toothpaste let him, it is not our concern. Calling someone stupid just because you don't like what he likes just makes you look ignorant. That said, I will take a quad anyday!

ilpadrino113
10-06-2006, 11:44 AM
switchin pulleys around wouldn't affect the hourepower at all, just how the negine uses the horsepower

00tn300ex
10-06-2006, 08:02 PM
lawnmowers are made to cut grass,quads are made to go fast and play on.thats kinda like me taking my streetbike and trying to race it through the woods.

kawi_kfx13
10-06-2006, 08:16 PM
lmao good one Kickstarts_suck...thats frickin halarois id liek to see somone do that

xtremefullbore
10-06-2006, 09:43 PM
is it ur money?? no I'll spend my money how i want.. and we had to do a small engines project, and my dad sells farm equipment so i decided to take a 15 hp lawn mower and do it for a project and i kept addin to it cuz i luved to work with.. i dont bash u for usin money on ur quad..

killen them all
10-07-2006, 09:59 AM
lol you dont bash use for putting money in are quads cuz we put money in are quads to make them better for what they were made to do not to make it better at something its not like a lawnmower into a quad thats like me making me make my raptor to a seadoo

CannondaleRider
10-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by killen them all
thats like me making me make my raptor to a seadoo

OR making an ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE only able to go in a smooth straight line, or up a hill:rolleyes:

troutman561
10-07-2006, 10:42 AM
is it ur money?? no I'll spend my money how i want.. and we had to do a small engines project, and my dad sells farm equipment so i decided to take a 15 hp lawn mower and do it for a project and i kept addin to it cuz i luved to work with.. i dont bash u for usin money on ur quad..

I thought it was a 31 hp engine or something like that?

300ex mxracer
10-07-2006, 03:05 PM

10-07-2006, 03:50 PM
now i see what the 3 pages are about...haha:p

another garbage thread...i say we let this thread die out....

10-07-2006, 07:20 PM

10-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
i would take that F word off of there....

good point kickstarts....:chinese:

Toadz400
10-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
it is a website about lawnmowers

http://www.g-team.us/

;)

Might help if he gave us the right website in the first place.

I'm still waiting on pictures and/or videos of this kid riding this lawnmower.