PDA

View Full Version : banshee low end?

matthoyda
10-03-2006, 07:44 PM
whats the best way to get low end power out of a banshee for the least amount of money? also what are good combinations for like pipes and reeds or other things you can mix and match to get the most low end out of it.

firefighterjosh
10-03-2006, 10:21 PM
I had this set up....
Mods: Toomey T-6, Delta 2 Reeds, Vito Forged Pistons,
Rickey Stator Fly Wheel, Stator, Adjustible timing Plate, K & N Filter.

I raced XC with it. It had great low end. I could lug it around really good.

How much you wanting to spend?

Dinner
10-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Not much money: Lighten the Flywheel, Adjustable timing plate, bump up compression, and a new filter.... For more money: 2:1 Carb, Low end pipe, MX porting or some sort of low end port, v force 3's

bansheexcracer2
10-06-2006, 10:22 PM
probibly the cheapest is to change your gearing. I have a 2 into 1 dynoport pipe that makes good lowend, for sale. pm me for pics if your interested.

hard one
10-10-2006, 06:03 PM
hahahaha! Its a banshee and also a two stroke leave the bottom end power to four strokes

you have 14/41 gearing go down one tooth up front but it wont help much you already have low gearing!

Real engines have valves!

banshee84
10-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by hard one
hahahaha! Its a banshee and also a two stroke leave the bottom end power to four strokes

you have 14/41 gearing go down one tooth up front but it wont help much you already have low gearing!

Real engines have valves!
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/broncogurl351/Hollister%20Hills/100_2733.jpg

hard one
10-10-2006, 08:29 PM
awsome sticker i cant see it when i fly by you!:D

The only thing i like about two strokes is they are easy to take the engine apart .

You guys will be out lawed in a few years from parks so have fun The 4- stroke revolution is here!

I have stickers too.

IF you cant keep up enjoy the view!

Where is your sticker that says you were just passed by a girl:D

firefighterjosh
10-10-2006, 08:40 PM
2 strokes still rule. I love em but you are right eventually they will try to outlaw them. Prally not for another 10 - 20 years though. I am getting rid of my banshee. I hate to do it, but I never ride it.

hard one
10-10-2006, 08:45 PM
I think banshees are over rated but they still are cool how fast you can get them to go with such simple modds if you did that to a 4 stroke it would be like what i am supposed to go faster with that!

I think it will be sooner than that even sooner than that in california because of the high polution look next year is the last year for two stroke's.

yfz450inMI
10-11-2006, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by hard one
I think banshees are over rated but they still are cool how fast you can get them to go with such simple modds if you did that to a 4 stroke it would be like what i am supposed to go faster with that!

I think it will be sooner than that even sooner than that in california because of the high polution look next year is the last year for two stroke's.

Well I was following this post until you started polluting it with your useless trash talking. If you don't have anything relevant to add please don't post!

The items firefighterjosh, dinner and bansheexcracer listed seem to the consensus on the big banshee forums like BansheeHQ.com. If you want to learn more about banshee's, head over to BansheeHQ.com

bwamos
10-11-2006, 07:51 AM
I know FMF Fattys are a good low end pipe for the trx250r. I'd assume they are similar for the Banshee.

A set of reeds that are more flexible are better for bottom end, no?

And the obvious more expensive solution is a powervalve solution. But, that's gonna be pretty pricey.

That's about the limit of my very limited knowledge on the 2-stroke. LOL.

EX lvr
10-11-2006, 01:26 PM
You guys will be out lawed in a few years from parks so have fun The 4- stroke revolution is here!

4 strokes are like tampons, all the pu$$ies have em':D i dont see why you would start knockin on banshees. they are the fastest mother****in quads wen tuned , and they have a SICK powerband that your 4 poke will never have. banshee84, I love that sticker :cool: and let em outlaw 2 strokes... banshees will only get more affordable. you gotta admire yamaha for having the balls to produce a 2 cylinder 2 stroke and then keep producing them for 20 years. i also love the 250rs but honda quit after only a few years. remember that the motors that are still smoking 4 pokes are over 20 years old. put that in ur pipe an smoke it!

Dinner
10-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by yfz450inMI
Well I was following this post until you started polluting it with your useless trash talking. If you don't have anything relevant to add please don't post!

The items firefighterjosh, dinner and bansheexcracer listed seem to the consensus on the big banshee forums like BansheeHQ.com. If you want to learn more about banshee's, head over to BansheeHQ.com

Thanks yfz450

Come over and have a chat with us over on BHQ matthoyda, you will learn everything you need to know, new members are always welcome:cool:

broke
10-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Ignore hard one, he obviosly falls into the never ending band of tunnel visioned brainless lemmings.

Why not try a set of RZ cylinders and have both. My two stroke has quite a bit of bottom end, and even more from there on up. RZ jugs, PTR mids, 28-30mm carbs, V-force reeds and some port work with matching domes to really make the bottom end powerful.