PDA

View Full Version : K&N Dyno Jet Kit

Doibugu2
09-03-2002, 03:38 PM
FYI for you stocker boys:

I bought the K&N filter, prefilter and jets about 3 weeks ago. I installed the K&N filter as soon as I got it, and really did not get any response from it.

I still have my airbox lid on, and don't have an exhaust. I installed the jet kit this weekend, and got a very good throttle response. I actually went down in jet size on the main. The stocker was a 148, and the one I installed was a 142. I live in Chicago which is about 800 ft.

There was a little heistation when I would gas it in 2nd, and that is completly gone.

Just thought I would pass that tid bit of info along.

ratmotor99
09-03-2002, 06:24 PM
i'm just west of you about 90 miles i have my needle on the 2nd space(i'm sure).. did you put the washer in it?? and for gosh sakes take the play out of the cable, it really helped mine ALOT, you swear you were riding a 660 :D.. if you need anymore info let me know...

Rat

BIGRED400
09-04-2002, 06:20 AM
Open up that exhaust, the whole key is to get air thru the motor, you are doing a good job up front but it is in a bottleneck when it reaches the exhaust, I put a White -Bro E-series on mine and it it changed the whole attitude of the motor, like a whole new motor really. Down in Fla. I am running a 165 main with K&N with Outerwears and my plug is a nice chocolatey brown.

Doibugu2
09-04-2002, 08:41 AM
Ratmotor:

I did put the washer in, not sure if that makes any difference? I never had a play in my throttle.

Where do you usually ride? I actually go out to Elburn, its down rt 47.

DEAL
09-04-2002, 10:55 AM
Once you get a pipe you will feel the diffrence.
Alone a power kit doesn't do what it claims.
The only think i noticed from it was throttle response.

RytM1
09-04-2002, 11:07 AM
Doibugu, where do you ride at in Elburn?

Doibugu2
09-04-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by RytM1
Doibugu, where do you ride at in Elburn?

Its on rt 47, just south of Kesslinger Rd. Do you know where Fisherman Inn is. It is right down the street from there. It is actually kind of owned by a farmer. Its a nice place to ride, decent trail section, some small hill climbs. Best of all its free and nobody there to bother you. Does sometimes get busy on the weekends though.

RytM1
09-04-2002, 11:33 AM
No, I'm not too familiar with the area, but I will find it. I'm lokoing for some other places to ride that aren't too far from me, and that I can head up to at the last minute when I get the urge (more like the time) to ride.

Doibugu2
09-04-2002, 12:01 PM
I don't know when we will go next, because I am not going to ride this weekend, not sure about next either. We are going to Hatfield in two weeks, so I probably won't ride till then.

But the next time we go, I will try and shoot you a message.

Where else do you ride, since your not to far from us?

RytM1
09-04-2002, 02:09 PM
I've been going to Fox Valley Off-Road quite a bit, just because I'm not always in the mood to drive to the Badlands. I wanna go check out Byron or Taylorville one of these days too. The last couple of months, I've been heading up to Silver Lake at least once a month.

Doibugu2
09-04-2002, 03:59 PM
I went to Taylorville back in June or July. It is pretty cool. Has a decent track, and some trails. I really didn't like the trails to much. What sucks is they don't have any showers, and only had porta-potties. We stayed for the weekend, and it was like 110 out. So we were frying without showers.

We've been talking about going to Fox Valley, but we usually don't have enough time to ride to justify the travel time. The guys I ride with, ones married and the other only has the kids on the weekends, so its tuff for them to get out all day.