PDA

View Full Version : My winter plans for my 05 400ex

billawright
10-03-2006, 05:50 PM
As winter comes I don't plan on riding near as much as I do now. However when snow hits i'm going to be like a kid in a candy store with my quad haha. Anyways heres what I would like to do for increase performance on my 400ex, if you got any suggestions im open ears:

HMF Ironman Carbon Series full system with the comp jet or a Big Gunz full system.

Sprocket change to increase top end as I feel it doesn't go fast enough for my liking in that department.

Some type of programer if they make one for the 400ex as I feel that will somehow open it up more.

Also I was thinking of doing a cam swap maybe but if that requires alot to do then I won't.

Well if theres anything that I didn't mention that could help me get some more grunt outta of my 400ex that doesn't require spending a fortune in doing im all ears :)

zrpilot
10-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Here is what I'd do,
*Slip-on, HMF brand
*Take off the exhaust and clean up welds on the head pipe to flange weld
*remove choke (depending on where you live - if you plan to ride in the cold winter months, then no!)
*open up air box
*re-jet including doing a #42 pilot (need the new pilot with removed choke)
*Buy a 1999-2004 needle that has some adjustment clips

I might do the following as well:
*Hot Cams Stage I, followed by re-jet

With more money:
*416 or 426 kit
*39 MM FCR Carb

If your woods riding I'd DROP one tooth on the front.

Because the 400EX is carbed, you can't re-program.

billawright
10-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Thank you for your input :) i'm always open to suggestions. I don't do so much woods riding as I do pits and open areas. i'm more of the speed/air junkie so if I find a nice open area with a few hillclimbs and some nice jumps im in heaven haha :D

81 clark racing
10-04-2006, 12:44 PM
ya dont get just a slip on. go ahead and get the full hmf system. rejet, open the air box up. uni or kn air filter, and a rev box and ull be good 2 go.