PDA

View Full Version : someone named dan? lol

Pappy
09-03-2002, 03:18 PM
ok...ya sent it...without your exriders name...lol....the note said trick, custom and high gloss....does this work for you?

Doibugu2
09-03-2002, 03:22 PM
2 sweet.

U bringing your powdercoating equipment to Hatfield? I bet you could make some good money:devil

Ben
09-03-2002, 03:23 PM
drool..... :D

Pappy
09-03-2002, 03:27 PM
haha..no...hatfield is rest and relaxation...lol

Moto92
09-03-2002, 03:30 PM
That is sweet man, Ive never seen anyone do a two tone powder coating.

Doibugu2
09-03-2002, 03:32 PM
When are u going to be able to do Custom Lettering Like that.

Put EXriders down the side in red to. Those would sell like hot cakes!

Pappy
09-03-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
That is sweet man, Ive never seen anyone do a two tone powder coating.

;) thx....

Pappy
09-03-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
When are u going to be able to do Custom Lettering Like that.

Put EXriders done the side in red to. Those would sell like hot cakes!

yeah that would rock.....i dunno...i will try it one day:p

haha...he didnt tell me what he wanted done...and since im doing a air box for a tunnel ram intake this week i needed to hone my taping skillz:devil

Pappy
09-03-2002, 03:36 PM
:( :( almost makes me want a stock exhaust :( :( :p

Tommy 17
09-03-2002, 03:40 PM
lookin good pappy:cool:

DMC mx400ex
09-03-2002, 04:03 PM
UMMM.. U WANNA DO MINE LIKE THAT??? I LIKE

DantheEXman
09-03-2002, 04:34 PM
ok...ya sent it...without your exriders name...lol....the note said trick, custom and high gloss....does this work for you?

Wow kenny that kicks @$$. and yeah... i think that works. lol

AtvMxRider
09-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Man that looks nice.

I have an extra exhaust guard and I'm thinking of getting it powder coated but i don't know what color. My 400 is yellow.

Pappy
09-03-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by atvrider96
Man that looks nice.

I have an extra exhaust guard and I'm thinking of getting it powder coated but i don't know what color. My 400 is yellow.

yellow and black is a great choice:D

Quadfather
09-03-2002, 08:35 PM
What would it cost to do one of those yellow?

Could you email me the price, and where to send it?

Pappy
09-03-2002, 08:46 PM
well...im waitin for some one to nut up for a 3 color:eek: :D

2K1 300EX
09-03-2002, 09:32 PM
How much powder do you use on something about that size. i might be getting a PC gun and was wanting to know a lil info.

Pappy
09-03-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by 2K1 300EX
How much powder do you use on something about that size. i might be getting a PC gun and was wanting to know a lil info.

it would depend on how mant times you would have to redo it to get it right:eek:

no..it really isnt the powder that is expensive....it is the equipment...time..labor...electricity...beer...ele ctricity...:D

Castor-426ex
09-03-2002, 10:42 PM
that color combo rocks...thats what im goin for with my whole quad...nice work:cool:

CBW
09-04-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by 400ex127

it would depend on how mant times you would have to redo it to get it right:eek:

no..it really isnt the powder that is expensive....it is the equipment...time..labor...electricity...beer...ele ctricity...:D

true,,,,,but some of the powders i have can run up to $30 per 16oz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY COST:D

Pappy
09-04-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS

true,,,,,but some of the powders i have can run up to $30 per 16oz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY COST:D

absolutely correct chris...there are some powders that are very pricey compared to others. i just ordered the alumicoat system and was shocked to see it at $19.95 for 8 oz.

09-04-2002, 07:42 AM

absolutely correct chris...there are some powders that are very pricey compared to others. i just ordered the alumicoat system and was shocked to see it at $19.95 for 8 oz.

hurry up and do your stock header so I can see if the powerbong needs to be shipped to ya..:D

knighttime
09-04-2002, 07:46 AM

How bout a gas oven? We do industrial powder coating at work and the gas oven doesn't cost as much to run as an electric one would.

By the way, Nice f'n work. U may be the best.

Pappy
09-04-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Rico

hurry up and do your stock header so I can see if the powerbong needs to be shipped to ya..:D

no problem rico...im gonna do a few stock ones...and send them to some guys to try out...sort of a test to see how well it will hold up. from what i understand it should be fine...but i dont and wont offer something i feel isnt up to our standards.

i went and looked at some drag car headers that were a lil overheated( nitrous and a blower and lean dont mix) and they were shot. the coating exceeded its 1500 degree rating and turned brown. from what i see most companies offer a year warranty on that coating so it must be fairly stong. we will see.

CBW
09-04-2002, 07:52 AM

Is that from tech line coatings????

Pappy
09-04-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by knighttime

How bout a gas oven? We do industrial powder coating at work and the gas oven doesn't cost as much to run as an electric one would.

By the way, Nice f'n work. U may be the best.

i use propane fired heat for the medium oven..very simple to operate. when jumping up to a commercial oven...i believe they are offered either way...electric or gas fired. the cost of electric on my level is negligable....pennies a day...but when we are considering the cost of running a full blown shop it could be much more. i have direct lines to over 70 manufactures at direct below wholesale pricing so i get most equipment at a very resonable price. but it all adds up rather quickly...especially if ya talk to the wife:huh :)

Pappy
09-04-2002, 08:00 AM

Is that from tech line coatings????

nope...i needed it fast so i bought a small amount from columbia...i havent had much time to research other options as of yet but im workin on it. i discussed this coating with our local finisher and he said it was very stable and worked qiute well. he wants me to compare that product with his....so i may be able to buy with him for an increased reduction in price.

they will not specialize due to the cost of maintaining a large inventory of color and powder options...and refuse to discount thier normal cost for coating on the small head pipe. so if all goes well i will be picking up his referals in a few weeks.

CBW
09-04-2002, 08:10 AM

nope...i needed it fast so i bought a small amount from columbia...i havent had much time to research other options as of yet but im workin on it. i discussed this coating with our local finisher and he said it was very stable and worked qiute well. he wants me to compare that product with his....so i may be able to buy with him for an increased reduction in price.

they will not specialize due to the cost of maintaining a large inventory of color and powder options...and refuse to discount thier normal cost for coating on the small head pipe. so if all goes well i will be picking up his referals in a few weeks.

well i could be wrong .....but the stuff from columbia and the sutuff from www.techlinecoatings.com look like the same thing,,,,,,,,at least they have the same graphics on the oz per pair thing,,,,,,

anyhow the point is i have done some of the shop only coatings.......they work really well. I just didnt have the vibratory polisher to finish out the cermakrome correctly.

Pappy
09-04-2002, 08:14 AM
yeah....same here chris...i have made arrangements to use the large viabtrator polisher on a piece by piece basis as a start. i have several small units but nuttin large enough for the head pipe.

have you tried any of the dry film coatings yet? i have several top shooters that are requesting the dry film coating on firearm parts...such as the slides and some internal parts. they just are afraid to ship custom guns and pieces to a stranger so i have the chance to pick up that line...just checkin tho

CBW
09-04-2002, 08:17 AM
yeah....same here chris...i have made arrangements to use the large viabtrator polisher on a piece by piece basis as a start. i have several small units but nuttin large enough for the head pipe.

have you tried any of the dry film coatings yet? i have several top shooters that are requesting the dry film coating on firearm parts...such as the slides and some internal parts. they just are afraid to ship custom guns and pieces to a stranger so i have the chance to pick up that line...just checkin tho

no.....no dry film stuff..........heck i have enough trouble keeping up with the small amount of powdercoating i do and my refrigeration stuff as well..........actually the pc ing is going by the wayside soon maybe:rolleyes:

Pappy
09-04-2002, 08:26 AM

no.....no dry film stuff..........heck i have enough trouble keeping up with the small amount of powdercoating i do and my refrigeration stuff as well..........actually the pc ing is going by the wayside soon maybe:rolleyes:

well i hope not..i need some to ask questions and tell me what i did wrong..lol

well like i said...i wanna specialize. no offense to anyone...but i can do 2 custom guns and make more profit then if i did a quad frame. people around here have so many friggon toys and more disposable income then you can imagine. but...its very hard to get personal first hand help and tips because i am viewed as competition. haha...no one in this entire state that i can find does the specialized work.....but thats about to change i reckon:D

CBW
09-04-2002, 08:34 AM
that sounds great pappy,,,,,,,,,i hope for the best for you;)

but around here the specialized stuff on most quads is colored zip ties and colored duck tape..........LOL:D :p

then there is the real cool bailing wire.....all rust colored:p

anyhow enough of my ramblings.........need to leave room for posts about the subject at hand.......

Pappy
09-04-2002, 08:40 AM
hahaha..chris..lmao...

i think the sand boyz are the real show guys...cuz an awesome frame around here lasts exactly 100 yards down the trail...lol

i found out yesterday that the owner of the business i have managed for the last 5 years and worked at for 12 is gonna retire....and i aint no corperate guy...lol so i wanna do my own thing soon...so thats why the sudden intrest in metal finishing. my dad owned a welding company for 20 years so i have plenty of expierence there also...im just gonna be a at home entrepenuer i suppose:p

L.Vegas400
09-04-2002, 10:01 AM
my dad was also a welder for 12 years, so naturally coming from a small town you do what you know. for two years before the military, thats what i did. i miss that stuff really bad. i got offered $13/hr and a new powerstroke welding truck the day before i went to basic training, adn turned it down:mad: sometimes i wish i would have stayed, but all the college $$im gonna get was worth it. you all prolly quit reading this halfway through, but i had to tell a little story.:rolleyes:

Pappy
09-04-2002, 10:03 AM
haha...nope..i read every word..lol

get that schoolin...it will come in handy!!

L.Vegas400
09-04-2002, 10:07 AM
yupper.. im thinkin an A&P license might be on the list of things. if i stay in for 10 yrs the AF will pay for all of it, but im thinking 4 is enough for me. my halfway point is tomarrow, only two left.

Pappy
09-04-2002, 10:19 AM
cool deal.....my brother left the air force last year. i geuss if ya like it stay in...we need ya!!

Rastus
09-04-2002, 04:13 PM
Man, that stinks...Chris wont have all this cool stuff to post pics of :D I hope I find out what I'm gonna do as a career soon....Im very unsure about what Im gonna do... I was thinking about being an Automotive Technician....but I dunno....then ATV mechanic thoughts went through my head....I am unsure if quads will be around when im old enough if the sierra club keeps pushin.

I just wish I could decide on something.....National Gaurd..I was thinking about that....or the Army Rangers...... But I dunno if I want to do that either.

Oh well... :( :confused:

CBW
09-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by '92 : 250X er
Man, that stinks...Chris wont have all this cool stuff to post pis of

there is always my own stuff :devil,,,

,,,,i just dont want to do stuff for 25 more than the powder costs anymore:rolleyes::p

L.Vegas400
09-04-2002, 06:30 PM
you can start doing it for 5 more than the power costs!?:eek: :D

CBW
09-04-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
you can start doing it for 5 more than the power costs!?:eek: :D

how about 5 times more than the powder costs:devil :D

j/k

L.Vegas400
09-04-2002, 06:40 PM
move to an extemely over populated area i.e. las vegas and advertise. i would imagine you would still have lots of customers even if you had high prices. i havent seen any pc-ers out here, and the rice rockets would go nuts over this. since weve talked before, you could give me a good deal and you would be just down the street.;)

tants
09-04-2002, 07:07 PM
kenny those are so shinny i can see ur fat @$s in the backround takin the picture, hahaha

CBW
09-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
move to an extemely over populated area i.e. las vegas and advertise. i would imagine you would still have lots of customers even if you had high prices. i havent seen any pc-ers out here, and the rice rockets would go nuts over this. since weve talked before, you could give me a good deal and you would be just down the street.;)

nah,,,,,,,,,not pcing is a small price to pay to keep the 40acres and houses and shop i have here;)

and if i do any more pc'ing,,,, all costs will be considered:D

Pappy
09-04-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Nasty250r
kenny those are so shinny i can see ur fat @$s in the backround takin the picture, hahaha

tants....fat @ss? what up? thats not very nice.

CBW
09-04-2002, 10:20 PM

tants....fat @ss? what up? thats not very nice.

yeah man none of those pieces were near big enough to see his ***** in:D :D :D:eek:

j/k pappy,,,,,,,,i thought about it and couldnt resist;)

even though i have no idea what you look like:p

you know i was just playin;) :p

he was right tants,,,,,,,,that wasnt very nice:(

Pappy
09-04-2002, 10:21 PM
haha..i know him...i would snao his neck wit one hand...lmao

he's ribbin me....but....he knows i can smoke him:D

CBW
09-04-2002, 10:23 PM
haha..i know him...i would snao his neck wit one hand...lmao

he's ribbin me....but....he knows i can smoke him:D

i figured,,,,,,i just had to get in on it;)

Pappy
09-04-2002, 10:27 PM
haha..im a lil big in the shoulders and have no neck..lol im the tire squatter!!!

Castor-426ex
09-05-2002, 10:52 PM
whats wrong with that guy behind you?:D

Pappy
09-06-2002, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
whats wrong with that guy behind you?:D

haha..thats nj400ex striking a pose:huh :D hes seems cool but he wouldnt ride with me:confused: he is tcri secuity so i geuss he has to watch out who he hangs out with...lol:D