PDA

View Full Version : warrior problem

2000warrider456
10-03-2006, 05:04 PM
i havea 2000 warrior i was ridden it about a week ago and parked it then went to start it again and it idled fine but right when you hit the gas it misses and backfires...i kniw it needs a head gasket but would that cause this ....i thought it might be the coil .....please reply

Stein2088
10-03-2006, 08:52 PM
As crazy as this sounds, i had the same prob and this fixed mine... make sure ur parkin brake lever is all the way in... if it is a little out itll do what u described.... so next time ur on in just go to ru parkin break (on the handle bar) and push it all the way in (to the disengaged position) there is a little button inside the housing that when its not pressed in it wont let ur bike rev... but if thats not it let me knw my pm and ill ask my buddy....

firefighterjosh
10-05-2006, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Stein2088
As crazy as this sounds, i had the same prob and this fixed mine... make sure ur parkin brake lever is all the way in... if it is a little out itll do what u described.... so next time ur on in just go to ru parkin break (on the handle bar) and push it all the way in (to the disengaged position) there is a little button inside the housing that when its not pressed in it wont let ur bike rev... but if thats not it let me knw my pm and ill ask my buddy....

^^^happend to my old warrior too^^^

krt400ex
10-05-2006, 09:38 AM
same thing happened to my uncles 660R